Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon: Update 22.6.0 + Hotfix 22.6.0.1

[DE]Danielle

1 minute ago, Dread_Operative said:

Whelp, Gara's 4 is garbage now. 4k ehp with 200 PS. Cant handle mid sortie enemies. 

"Quality of Life update"

These values are really bad for a 4th skill.. now It's more like an attack barrier not a protection barrier (splash break damage).

thanks for the update! loving the new eye shaders.....but for some reason my Operator now looks clinically depressed.

unknown.png

can we have something to cheer our Operator's up? like jokes on the scanner? maybe a clown and some nice balloons.....though..no red ones.....agh, you'd add red ones wouldnt you?

2 minutes ago, Soridian said:

thanks for the update! loving the new eye shaders.....but for some reason my Operator now looks clinically depressed.

unknown.png

can we have something to cheer our Operator's up? like jokes on the scanner? maybe a clown and some nice balloons.....though..no red ones.....agh, you'd add red ones wouldnt you?

I kinda wish they had done a mix of both now my eyes don't look as nice. I had them setup with a nice purple glow now they don't look as good. :< Though the pulsing is neat.

1 minute ago, TmzOS said:

"Quality of Life update"

These values are really bad for a 4th skill.. now It's more like an attack barrier not a protection barrier (splash break damage).

With 170 PS and 262 Armor you get 4.7k EHP which lasts 6s against 1 (one) Corrupt Heavy Gunner lvl 80.

Sad times ahead.

So, Gara's Mass Vitrify is now not worth using for Defense where it matters.

Also, it doesn't scale, at all. Frost's Snow Globe scales better. Current Mobile Defense on Lua with Puncture shows how useless it is - half of enemies oneshot a section and then AI's pathfinding exploits the hole.

There are things that can be done now:

- Bump up Power Strength scaling on section health, like 10 times, because 185% Power Strength Mass Vitrify is nowhere near Snow Globe Frost

- Bump up Armor scaling on Mass Vitrify, Steel Fiber is slightly better than Intensify, but Intensify works on all abilities, not just Mass Vitrify, making Steel Fiber a waste of a mod slot

- Make the wall spin, so even when a section is broken, AI can't immediately exploit a single hole, rendering other 11 section useless

Also, please look at Gara's Spectrorage. Currently this is an ability that is plain not worth energy spent on it.

1 hour ago, [DE]Danielle said:
  • Void Spines now reflects 100% damage at max, up from 25%.
  • Stone Skin now adds flat armor, 60 for both Warframe and Operator at max.

Tried out the new void spines. 

Mobs do damage to the warframe, which is mitigated, then the void spine damage is mitigated by the enemies armor, resulting in negligible damage. This is coupled with the fact that enemy damage is scaled to warframe HP pool, so a level 150 heavy gunner will still only being doing hundreds of damage per shot, which compared to their ~90k HP health pool is next to nothing. On the other side a level 10 heavy gunner does so little damage that it again is nothing in comparison. 

A possible fix for this is to change the ability to cause a corrosive proc on damage, a flat armor removal on damage (like shattering impact), or cause it to be Finishing damage and ignore 90% of the damage mitigation. Even with stripping enemy armor, it still requires you to get your face beat in to do any damage. 

Take a look at Shadows of the Dead, the damage on the shadows is able to be increased by mods to a level where it does more than tickle enemies. 

The flat 60 armor of stone skin is hardly noticeable and appears to be additive. Had hope for Unairu post Focus 2.5, but I guess I'll hold out for 3.0. 

Dont title something "QOL Mainline Explained" then not explaining what was changed.

No complaints about weather or Operator eyes. Art team is always on point.

Focus 2.5:

• Decreased costs and shared pool are a small step in the right direction.
  • I see that after 5 years of development Game design still cannot wrap their heads around the fact that nonscaling values, especially where damage is involved makes the ability useless for lategame.
  • 160 shields is worthless even at lv 50's forget lv 90's. Try to 10x this value. 60 armor doesnt do squat for low armored frames either. This value should be between 300-500 armor which means very little for high armored frames given the diminishing returns of armor but it means a LOT to frames with <100 base armor.
  • will be testing Void singularity. As it was the pull was extremely slow. Doubt that doubling it is enough. There is one good pull ability in Warframe that pulls enemies fast and to a predictable location and that is Nidus' 2. Every pull in this game should be based off of this ability. Instead they are either super weak, or fling enemies past you.
  • I really hope you didnt just nerf Lightning Dash. The ability that barely tickles armored enemies and doesnt even proc electricity consistently.
  • Most warframes have ~1000 hp with a maxed Vitality. A lv 90 heavy gunner has a LOT more than that. 100% thorns damage is useless. Try 1000% or even 10000% next time.
  • There's something called making the reward worth the grind that your game design team doesnt seem to understand.
  • Still "deliberating" over focus gains? Just drop the convergence orb and tune focus so that a player without affinity boosters can come close to hitting the cap after 1-2 hours of gameplay. Right now the only players who can effectively gain focus are those who can put together very specific farming builds. Focus bonuses arent even that helpful for endgame content. This "endgame system" is now more making Operators so that they are somewhat usable in lv 40-50 content.

Changes in the "incursions", "additions", "bait/dye/pharoma", "UI/UX", "Reticle", "Changes" categories are all appreciated.

Gara Mass Vitrify Changes: Despite all the feedback that making the wall HP based and breakable in sections is a really bad @(*()&#036; idea and will make gara useless in endgame and contradict the requirements of the rest of her abilties you still went and made the wall HP based instead of doing the intelligent thing and adjust the duration instead. That wall isnt going to do S#&amp;&#036; in lv 90-100 content. Worse, once a section is broken through, the wall is essentially useless since its no longer protecting the objective in the most critical direction. What a great ult this is that cant even match the usefulness of frost's snowglobe. DE listens to feedback my &amp;#&#33;. More like Game Design does what they want while listening to feedback that happens to match up with what they wanted to do in the first place.

Volt: So Riot shield energy costs have been reduced to effectively nothing yet are still there. Just remove the damn thing. It makes no sense with volts kit and doesnt even provide reliable protection against AOE. I havent seen any changes about the shield slowing down volt or the fact that it is ALSO still duration based.

It's @(*()&#036; hilarious that you're so concerned about the "power" (or rather lack thereof) of discharge when we have abilities like Peacemaker, World on Fire, Resonating Quake, Maimquinox running around that the team has no issues with.

Fixes: 

Fixes appreciated.

"Fixed certain weapons and abilities with Blast damage launching enemies to very far distances." RIP Sonicor.

Sad seeing fixes to interactions that made some Exodia Arcanes semi useful yet the fact that Exodia Force still only works off of weapon base damage has been ignored. Nevermind the uselessness of about 75% of the Cetus/LoR/Jordas Arcanes.

Just now, Ezekeel666 said:

Fishing (and mining for that matter) is still an repetitive boring waste of time. You can try to polish that turd as long as you want but adding such NMS nonsense into a combat game about space ninjas remains a supreme design fail.

I like fishing and mining. I was really looking forward to it and enjoy it quite a lot more than harvesting plants with the codex scanner. But they do suffer from the same problem in that it's not so useful to other parts of the game. I can't, for example, trade a bunch of fish, ore or plants for an orokin cell or a pack of plastids. Such would be a kind benefit.

1 minute ago, Pyus said:

Tried out the new void spines. 

Mobs do damage to the warframe, which is mitigated, then the void spine damage is mitigated by the enemies armor, resulting in negligible damage. This is coupled with the fact that enemy damage is scaled to warframe HP pool, so a level 150 heavy gunner will still only being doing hundreds of damage per shot, which compared to their ~90k HP health pool is next to nothing. On the other side a level 10 heavy gunner does so little damage that it again is nothing in comparison. 

A possible fix for this is to change the ability to cause a corrosive proc on damage, a flat armor removal on damage (like shattering impact), or cause it to be Finishing damage and ignore 90% of the damage mitigation. Even with stripping enemy armor, it still requires you to get your face beat in to do any damage. 

Take a look at Shadows of the Dead, the damage on the shadows is able to be increased by mods to a level where it does more than tickle enemies. 

The flat 60 armor of stone skin is hardly noticeable and appears to be additive. Had hope for Unairu post Focus 2.5, but I guess I'll hold out for 3.0. 

Flat numbers are always additive unless you have a "%" next to it so yeah it's very clearly additive which in this game means nothing unfortunately with how the "scaling" works. This update has all kinds of hot mess written on it....

1 minute ago, Dread_Operative said:

With 170 PS and 262 Armor you get 4.7k EHP which lasts 6s against 1 (one) Corrupt Heavy Gunner lvl 80.

Sad times ahead.

With 130 power and default armor it's 2892.5 ... I think this can't handle an excavation on Earth.

Now Gara is the "reaction defender", it protects you from weak enemies but against the strong ones you need to scale a big value of power to instakill the enemies who are breaking your wall (but idk if it is possible)..

1 hour ago, Sashimi said:

Firstly, as always, in another night of PoE.

Second, it's 1.5GB.

Reveal hidden contents

CypSHZn.jpg

Third, the red text.

Hide contents

kPQsjlJ.jpg

Fourth, I just finished my Unairu (All node activated + Passives Unbound) this afternoon and suddenly this update come ;-;

Hide contents

Bw0b74S.jpg

40n7NUm.jpg

And yes. This kinda creeps me.

nCFjF09.jpg

---------------------------

And yes. a small UI bug.

Reveal hidden contents

GHVVibw.jpg

------------------

From 24.8M Focus on Unairu..

I spent the focus to unlock all nodes and add 172 pool.

4.6M focus remaining...

wasted?

Hide contents

CMtSR6C.jpg

jOPQxDd.jpg

Focus 2.5 gives chance to players who are not grinders or hardcore farmers. Just because you have enough focus points to unlock all the nodes and unbounds, doesn't mean everyone has the time and ability to do that.
They'd be left out

6 minutes ago, TmzOS said:

"Quality of Life update"

Everyone could see this coming, except brainlet MOBA players who came here complaining about it because they didn't feel competitive in a co-op game where you don't actually need to feel competitive and you should help your team, but DE would rather cater to these utterly confused people who are actually a vocal minority than the masses who actually understand Warframe basics. :^)

Oh well, this wasn't the first time this happened, this trend has been going on for a while. Very nice, DE!

Hope you don't mind just quoting myself quoting myself out of laziness:

Am 30.11.2017 um 19:06 schrieb Kotsender_Quasimir:

Hope you don't mind me just quoting myself out of laziness:

Am 30.11.2017 um 12:29 schrieb Kotsender_Quasimir:

Hi!

Great news for my main, thanks alot! While we're talking Volt, may i remind you of some issues still remaining:

- no auto switchback to whatever primary one held before picking up a shield? with holstering speed being infamously slow this one is really annoying and i'm rather sure it's not intended, since switchback works with pretty much everything else you can pick up.

- prioritizing between picking up shield and other context actions still seems off sometimes.

- concerning shock / shield snyergy: "charged" shields should stop enemies at least once while passing through, like shock would normally do.

- speaking of which: shock stunning is overridden by certain enemy animations.

aaaaand may i once more remind you of hotfix 17.4.2.:

"Fixed Volt’s Electric Shield giving every ranged projectile a 70m default range. Important note: we will be revisiting the design to allow for interesting range interactions with Volt's Shield and guns ASAP."

will this ever come back for real??

thanks alot for reading / your consideration.

edit: just some clarification about that last point would be highly appreciated... something just tells me "ASAP" has somewhat gone by.

sorry for being a pest but i'd love to see these points adressed as long as we're in volt tweaking mode here, who knows when the next time he's getting that much attention will be...

Archived