And now just seems so lost.

A frame that killed a beast of night,

is now surpassed by frost.

To say she is so great,

now a thing of the past.

For against a heavy gunner,

Her 4th no longer lasts.

RIP 2017 <3

Any way we can keep this alive guys? lol upvote!

@[DE]Danielle I know you won't reply, but at least please give it a read. It's not a bash comment, but trying to be constructive, even tho I know you won't listen to us, sadly.

So, Gara needed a nerf, that's true and I am glad to see she got one, even tho I am a fan of her, but my problem is the nerf itself, being the wrong direction. She had 3 playstyles before:

- Melee Ember with more damage (stacked Splinterstorm) - This one needs a damage cap and is fine, as it sacrifices her Mass Vitrify

- Map wide lock/cc - which was the most in needs of nerfs, but sadly, you buffed it (will explain a tad later), the nerfs for this would be to have a set max range for Mass Vitrify's expansion that would not be affected by power range.

- Actual Defense, which you gutted completely. The nerf for this was simple, have it work like Frost's augment, Chilling Globe. Allow enemies to enter but keep it duration based and infinite hp vs range enemies (maybe lower the duration a bit, but not too much), and enemies that enter are slowed, while having a 50% chance to be turned into glass.

Now, why do I say it the defense playstyle is gutted. Well, with Steel Fiber, Power Drift, Transient Fortitude, Blind Rage and Intensify, Gara's 4 got a health of *drums* barely around 6.5k, while Frost's Snowglobe in the build i use (with just 2-3 mods upping it, instead of 5) has around 8.5k. I know Gara doesn't lose all her wall at once when damaged, but Frost doesn't lose any of it, and after a part is destroyed, enemies can go in, so Gara needs to recast the wall. Then Frost can not only reinforce it by recasting it manually, but it also gets a 3 second invulnerability period in which it's reinforced by enemies attacking it, while Gara can't do any of that and has a much weaker wall.

If you revert Mass Vitrify and nerf it as I (and others) suggested, Gara will not be the best defense frame anymore (not like she even was) and no longer have an uninteractive gameplay, while allowing her and Frost to be side grades to one another. Do I need more CC and a bit of leeway with the defense? Take Frost. Do I need some more damage and defend a certain spot? Take Gara. And so on.

I did play Gara, in both star chart and longer runs (a 50 wave in a neo fissure on Uranus was the max I did) and she was good, but not the best. Having to swap places did hurt her, as sometimes I had to recast Mass Vitrify due to duration ending, but after killing the few more enemies, I had to swap the place, and she had energy problems, even with some efficiency in the mix, which not even a maxed Zenurik could solve, due to eximus units, nullifiers, etc.

If you guys at DE do listen to us indeed, let our suggestion in this one time and see what happens. You will lose nothing if you let it as we want it to be nerfed for a while, and if it's still too broken/op/whatnot, you nerf it as you see fit. One main aspect of why you wanted to nerf her was due to her locking out whole maps, so why did you still allow that build to be good, even buffing it, while making her defense aspect completely useless? She needed nerfs, but not to be destroyed. Gara now is either a map wide cc, or a shorter range but more damaging Ember, but map wide cc is just too powerful, so you should nerf that, and the damage build on Splinterstorm also needs addressing.

If you are only balancing around star chart and sortie level, please nerf all that managed to do better above that, but if you want to allow things to go above that, make it so they actually can do so, and don't become "spam 3 or die" as in the case of Frost, afk simulators as in the case of Octavia, or utterly useless.

Thank you for your time.

2 hours ago, FunnyBunny3141 said:

Well, yeah... I got similar numbers. This isn’t even going into the fact how building for max strength to get only 10k health to have it die .2 seconds slower ruins literally every one of her other abilities that we care about (ignoring shattered lash), and you have the absolute worst change in history. Though I can’t say I didn’t expect this...

Meanwhile, Volt’s damage cap is still in place while Gara enjoys her several mil damage per second on her 2. They really have their priorities messed up huh...

And btw, as only a way to refresh her 2 it’s kinda expensive, so even that use is a bit meh. I posted a bit over in suggestions for what I thought should be changed, but I essentially proposed to be able to cast every ability on the others with a special interaction, with splinter storm on the wall granting damage reduction and for it to push enemies away from the walls, for instance. I also suggested that on top of that her walls have regen and for her 3 to allow you to heal your walls, and that the 4 should be castable for less energy to paritally heal the walls, make them invulnerable for a bit, and to refresh splinter storm of yourself and nesrby allies without freezing enemies. I also suggested that splinterstorm be castable on spectorage to add damage reduction and allow for splinter storm to be added to enemies who destroyed mirrors upon the explosion, and for her splinter storm to be spread upon the explosion of spectorage if an enemy with splinterstorm destroyed a mirror. I also asked for her spectorage and wall breakages to stun as well, and for shattered lash to be able to destroy spectorage to trigger the stun and splinter storm spread prematurely with an increasing range with every mirror the enemies had destroyed, up to maximum/normal range. I want more micromanagement :P Though, with those changes, you could feasibly focus on only a few abilities at a time, thus reducing micro management for those who don’t want it. (There were a bunch of other changes I suggested to her health/regen scaling as well).

Rather not tbh. This is adding too much "fake synergy" where you HAVE to cast all her abilities on each other or around each other or they're worthless.

Don't want that.

Each ability should be independently good of one another. This way you'd end up just casting abilities on abilities just to get what should be the base result of casting ONE of them.

At this point I'm astounded people want more nerfs. Her two scales, so what? It takes ages to stack up that much damage. Should we nerf sonar into the ground as well? I've seen that produce millions of damage. The issue here is that Gara stands out because she's one of the small collection of frames which scale appropriately and whose powers didn't suck past the starchart. Wheras actually she's one of the few frames who WAS balanced correctly.

16 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Gara Mass Vitrify Changes

I feel like these changes have limited Gara to only be effective as a defensive option against enemies that are around level 50. And that's only if your build has maximum armor and Power Strength, which are two stats you don't really want to invest a lot into. So you're making considerable sacrifices which should allow you to build a meaningful defense but instead you get something that can only buy you a little bit of time.

The damage on the sections exploding is also insignificant. If the sections caused some kind of stun, knockdown or stagger effect it would be a million times better then just the damage equivalent of a slap on the wrist. But doing that would not fix the problem as the main purpose of the power is to stop enemy fire.

We asked you not to make the power rely on Health and Duration. You heard it. So you've made the power rely on Health, Armor and Power Strength...? Honestly, I don't know which option is worse. Armor is useless on Gara and a Power Strength requirement on a defensive warframe that only has one offensive power makes no sense. You're asking us to focus on two types of mods that are low priority just so we can use the single most distinctive power Gara has? That's the same as asking us not to use the power.

26 minutes ago, Akimbo said:

Rather not tbh. This is adding too much "fake synergy" where you HAVE to cast all her abilities on each other or around each other or they're worthless.

Don't want that.

Each ability should be independently good of one another. This way you'd end up just casting abilities on abilities just to get what should be the base result of casting ONE of them.

At this point I'm astounded people want more nerfs. Her two scales, so what? It takes ages to stack up that much damage. Should we nerf sonar into the ground as well? I've seen that produce millions of damage. The issue here is that Gara stands out because she's one of the small collection of frames which scale appropriately and whose powers didn't suck past the starchart. Wheras actually she's one of the few frames who WAS balanced correctly.

Lol have you actually tried it? Okay, so, uhm, that million I was talking about? If you have a riven it's up in about ten casts. Yeah could luck with defending that, that only takes about a minute or two at the very most, and can be maintained indefinitely... It literally made her unplayable in the sense that you couldn't actually play if you used the stacking on her 2. Want to try a Hirudo tank build on Gara? Too bad, enemies will die before you can land a hit. Want to try a Hema build on Gara? Why bother when you can just bullet jump to kill them and not take any damage since they're dead anyway? Look, it doesn't need a nerf because it's stupidly powerful, plenty of frames have stupidly powerful abilities as well and they're doing just fine. Her splinter storm damage stacking needs a nerf because it ruins the fun of the person playing her. Even if you play banshee with sonar it's not really an issue because you can still use your weapons without feeling like you're not playing the game optimally.

Well, I will agree with my suggestions being perhaps a bit much, but the synergy wouldn't be fake. People playing Gara already can't/don't use all their abilities at once because they each fulfill a certain role that is rather situational and thus not always required. Having some nice synergy between abilities that you don't want to use directly is a nice way to go.

Anyway, the main things I wanted to fix was a lack of a way to spread splinter storm on enemies aside from constantly casting it since its cost is so high, a fairly long stun on her 3 and breaking of the wall on her 4, and a regen on her walls and a way to heal them, and a way to refresh splinterstorm on allies without having to cast the wall again.

Gara won't block Kuva anymore :(

Steel Fiber + 169% ability strength (trying to keep an hybrid build with mainly duration), and Mass Vitrify really don't last very long in Kuva Flood mission...

Well, I believe she's not anymore my Kuva farmer :/

And the CC ability from Mass Vitrify wouldn't suck if it didn't grant statut-immunity to affected ennemies... (Condition Overload is crying)

Anyway, despite this huge (disapointing) Gara nerf, everything else in this update is great !

But after 2 hours in the plains, I still haven't seen any drop of rain... either it's bugged, or the rate at which weather change occur is fairly low.

Sorry for bad english 8)

1 hour ago, Mabitude said:

I tried and it worked perfectly fine. The dyes shining fade over time though in the water, that way you can see how long time left it is on it. Normally, dyes were up for 2 min though, and they may still be.

First Dyes.  worked for me too as it should  .  but after 4-5 dyes it stopped working.  I tried go back to Cetus and go back fishing. But the problem remained. 

28 minutes ago, FunnyBunny3141 said:

Lol have you actually tried it? Okay, so, uhm, that million I was talking about? If you have a riven it's up in about ten casts. Yeah could luck with defending that, that only takes about a minute or two at the very most, and can be maintained indefinitely... It literally made her unplayable in the sense that you couldn't actually play if you used the stacking on her 2. Want to try a Hirudo tank build on Gara? Too bad, enemies will die before you can land a hit. Want to try a Hema build on Gara? Why bother when you can just bullet jump to kill them and not take any damage since they're dead anyway? Look, it doesn't need a nerf because it's stupidly powerful, plenty of frames have stupidly powerful abilities as well and they're doing just fine. Her splinter storm damage stacking needs a nerf because it ruins the fun of the person playing her. Even if you play banshee with sonar it's not really an issue because you can still use your weapons without feeling like you're not playing the game optimally.

Well, I will agree with my suggestions being perhaps a bit much, but the synergy wouldn't be fake. People playing Gara already can't/don't use all their abilities at once because they each fulfill a certain role that is rather situational and thus not always required. Having some nice synergy between abilities that you don't want to use directly is a nice way to go.

Anyway, the main things I wanted to fix was a lack of a way to spread splinter storm on enemies aside from constantly casting it since its cost is so high, a fairly long stun on her 3 and breaking of the wall on her 4, and a regen on her walls and a way to heal them, and a way to refresh splinterstorm on allies without having to cast the wall again.

Probably because I've not used an OP melee weapon for an age I guess. I'd still rather have it do that, because there seems to be only two modes for abilities in WF these days: Broken OP or Useless.

Ruining the only ability Gara has left that's worth using doesn't appeal to me.

The synergy would be fake, I don't want any ability to rely on any other to be good. Right now Gara has her 1, which is only used to break her 4, which is now only used to refresh her 2...and her 3 is so bad it's not used at all.

Would I mind her abilities changing to be more useful? Sure. In the way you suggest? Definitely not. Right now I don't trust DE to be able to make those changes.

17 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Fixed certain weapons and abilities with Blast damage launching enemies to very far distances. 

Last time DE just done this and the community request to revert it, and they did. Now it comes back again? Why we can't just have fun? the only selling point of Sonicor for me is gone, bye bye 6 forma-ed sonicor, its been a good time

4 minutes ago, Akimbo said:

Probably because I've not used an OP melee weapon for an age I guess. I'd still rather have it do that, because there seems to be only two modes for abilities in WF these days: Broken OP or Useless.

Ruining the only ability Gara has left that's worth using doesn't appeal to me.

The synergy would be fake, I don't want any ability to rely on any other to be good. Right now Gara has her 1, which is only used to break her 4, which is now only used to refresh her 2...and her 3 is so bad it's not used at all.

Would I mind her abilities changing to be more useful? Sure. In the way you suggest? Definitely not. Right now I don't trust DE to be able to make those changes.

Hmm. Would even the ability to spread splinterstorm on enemies using your spectorage be fake synergy when spectorage stuns enemies upon exploding? I don't really feel like that would be fake (tbh I don't really get what you mean by 'fake' synergy since synergy in games per definition is almost arbitrarily added, though often makes things more fun).

Archived