Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon: Update 22.6.0 + Hotfix 22.6.0.1

[DE]Danielle

My personal suggestion on Gara's glass wall:

1. Have 2 mode on the 4th skill, like her 1st skill: (Tap once) 4th skill replenish the broken wall section / (press-&-hold) will generate a new glass wall
  2. Scale the wall health with Duration and Strength so that the build can have synergy for her 2nd, 3rd and 4th skills?
  3. have a 3s invulnerable time to absorb damage and increase its wall health like frost's globe

Gara Balances:

1. Comparing Mass Vitrify to Snowglobe

Discussion:

1. Frosts Snowglobe has a base health of 5k, but for comparing it to Mass Vitrify, lets give it 15k (stacking the globe three times since we're assuming you want to protect one single objective). Currently Mass Vitrify only has 2.125k per section, adding up to 25,500 total wall health. Frosts globe has a 4 second invulnerability phase, and the Globe's health can be refreshed upon a recast of Snowglobe.

While in total, the base health of Mass Vitrify is higher, it is in practice much lower. Since most of the time enemies are coming from only one or two directions, that means that only about 4 of those sections are actually being attacked. Making the wall have a practical base health of only about 8k, which is just barely half as good as Frost's Globe. But it might even be less than that, since it seems that once enemies have broken even one of the sections, they tend to ignore the rest wall and just start focusing on going through the gap. 

Invulnerability, this seems to be a simple point, but a short period of invincibility is crucial in higher level content, where hordes of enemies would otherwise destroy the wall in one hit. Snowglobe has a 4 second phase where it cannot be destroyed, but currently Mass Vitrify lacks this, and so is almost instantly downed by incoming high level opponents.

Refreshing Health. Being able to stick a band aid on something, a "quick fix" method, is usually very helpful. Frost can refresh his Snowglobes, but Mass Vitrify has to be completely recast to seal even a single hole breached in its defence.

Possible Fixes?:

1. Increase the health pools all around for the 12 sections of Gara's wall. The walls need to be able to fend for themselves, or at least take more damage than they currently do, since there are not many defence missions that have more than 2 funnel points for enemies, which leaves the majority of Gara's wall left untouched while enemies only have to destroy 2 walls or less to be able to get inside the objective (I have posted a different comment which suggests a fix to this, but even with that fix, the walls need a bigger base health). Possibly you can add a mechanic that makes is so enemies don't try to enter or shoot through her wall unless 2 adjacent sections are broken?

2. Gara needs to have a few moments of invulnerability, either right after she finishes casting her Mass Vitrify or even letting a single section become invulnerable for a few seconds after its health drops to 0, acting as a countdown till the aoe attack is unleashed on the enemies that broke that section of the wall.

3. Currently in order to rebuild Gara's wall, even If there is only a single wall broken, the entire ability needs to be activated and channeled. Maybe adding a two step function for Mass Vitrify could help this? Upon single click, the sections of walls will be repaired (Energy cost based on how many broken walls are repaired), and if held then the ability will completely recast itself, creating a new wall entirely. There are lots of ways to play around with this, by either making it so that only the broken sections are healed and all the other sections don't receive any additional health. That way players don't just spam 4 to refresh the walls health, but instead they would need to pay attention to which walls are going to need to be repaired, prying on their awareness and reaction.

If you were to implement the Invulnerability method that I mentioned.... An indicator of which walls were about to shatter would be nice (faintly flash red or something that draws attention to section about to detonate). But it would be interesting to see this mix with the refreshing ability. If a wall section is flashing red, then give the player a second or two to refresh that walls health instead of having to wait till it shatters to rebuild it. This is just a thought, but thank you for your time!

I know all these suggestions would just mean more work for all of you, but still, consideration of these points is all I ask.  Thank you DE for letting us try to help you, in the end you have the final word so I can only hope to influence your decisions, even slightly, so that it adds to making Warframe a better game. Sorry for the wall of text... I tried to keep it semi to the point... Thank you!         

On 7.12.2017 at 11:05 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

Changes: 

• Time between Incursions will increase if you let an Incursion alert expire. The Lotus can take a hint!

Does that mean the Lotus will also take a hint and decrease the wait time between incursion if i complete some incursions in succession ?

Cool update,devs.

On 08/12/2017 at 12:05 AM, [DE]Danielle said:

Fixed certain weapons and abilities with Blast damage launching enemies to very far distances. 

Again? Did you not learn anything from the last time you removed Sonicors fun as a Space Program launcher? You guys practically apologised when you reverted this silly decision the last time.

I hope that someday that you will allow us to set a Focus School to a specific loadout because it would be an excellent quality of life change and make things more easier for everyone who wants to do certain things or want to use specific Focus Schools on certain frames because it is extremely annoying to have to switch primary schools every time that you want to change frames/loadout.

Gara's Mass Vitrify barely survives against anything beyond level 100 especially Corpus Techs and Grineer Bombards and it shouldn't scale with armor because the bonuses to it with armor mods such as Steel Fiber barely even increase it compared to using a Power Strength mod, either remove it relying on armor entirely or change it from having to use armor to something else instead. 

Focus convergence orb's are more of a pain to get and only just distract you from your main objective('s) most of the time and they only last a minute. If you changed it to just being a recurring buff throughout the entire mission that gets applied to you then it would be a lot better instead of us having to run off and pick up orbs or even wait for them to spawn. 

It feels like you are only testing the Volt Discharge buffs on enemies that will survive in the first place, it needs to be tested on level 100 Eximus or higher units and maybe if it was one shotting them then it would be respectable enough to warrant not releasing the changes but as far as I see it.. a lot of these things need to be tested on higher level enemies and in multiple scenarios to actually mean something rather than just deciding not to release it because "Oh No it is killing level 30 enemies easily" when level 30 enemies are hardly a big enough threat to warrant being scared of or even being tested upon.

Le 07/12/2017 à 23:05, [DE]Danielle a dit :

all squadmates will receive benefits from Bait or other fishing consumables in the Plains. The fish you see will still vary from player to player, however, the effects of these consumables will be shared across all members.  

k2JG4K4.jpg

look like something doesn't work i have throw this luminous Dye and don't see any fish high lighted like the one one the corner top right on the picture. also the squad mate don't even see the Dye or any bait the first 3 minutes

please fix fishing please

welp, there is one bug i have not seen fixed yet either that's taken a back-burner since PoE came out, and that is Kubrow/Kavats keep getting stuck on every door or set of stairs they come across. for the love of all things right DE, FIX THE GOD BLASTED PATH FINDING!

on the Sonicor nerf: eh... i don't have a blast sonicor build, i have a radiation based one o_0 so forgive me if i don't really care about the SSP (Sonicor Space Program)

Gara changes: eh... don't have Gara, looks like i should probably hold off on grinding for her parts.

Volt: uh... try going through Kuva Flood, Nightmare missions, and level 100 sorties before saying Discharge is too OP. *sweatdrop*

Focus 2.5: .... third times a charm so take it back and work on 3.0?

rest of changes/bug fixes: nice. nice. FIX THE KUBROWS/KAVATS BLAST IT!

On 12/7/2017 at 4:05 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

Plains of Eidolon: Update 22.6.0

Volt Change(s):

• Reduced Electric Shield’s Energy Cost per meter to 1 Energy per 4 meters (down from 1 per 1 meter)

We previously announced changes to Discharge in this thread. But after further testing, we found that the changes were a lot more powerful than anticipated (we’ve included a video below). As a result, Discharge has not been changed yet. We will continue to work on Discharge improvements before releasing them in a future update. Sorry for getting anyone excited prematurely for Discharge! We appreciate your patience. 

Previously proposed Discharge changes that ended up with more extreme crowd control than expected - modded here for extended range and lower damage. (not live!):

Reveal hidden contents

Plains of Eidolon: Hotfix 22.6.0.1

Notes:
We have temporarily disabled gifting while we investigate potential problems; we hope to have this restored ASAP. 

Changes:
PoE Captura scene is now tradeable!

Duration Problems with Older Frames ("1st and 2nd Gens WarFrame") and All WarFrames. Why not Durations of 59second (Under 1 Minute Cap, 200%~250% Duration Cap)  for every WarFrame's Ability with Durations? This seem to be an Issue with Volts, who rely on Ability.

Gifting: Local Post Service is Closed?

:thumbup: DE

Transfer some objectives into the caves, it is a crazy nightmare! ((((((((( Or make special designator for a cave entrance. We are losing time for searching target, but it's underground! Then losing time searching for the cave entrance ((((((((( As result we fail the mission (((((

On 12/7/2017 at 4:05 PM, [DE]Danielle said:

We previously announced changes to Discharge in this thread. But after further testing, we found that the changes were a lot more powerful than anticipated (we’ve included a video below). As a result, Discharge has not been changed yet. We will continue to work on Discharge improvements before releasing them in a future update. Sorry for getting anyone excited prematurely for Discharge! We appreciate your patience. 

Previously proposed Discharge changes that ended up with more extreme crowd control than expected - modded here for extended range and lower d

Is this supposed to be a joke? DE postponed removing the cap because going over it allows Volt to kill mere level 30 enemies? "Oh nooooo". This is Steve getting nervous about Rubico's insubstantial head shot damage in that one devstream right before the launch of PoE, all over again.

9 hours ago, Jordan285 said:

Transfer some objectives into the caves, it is a crazy nightmare! ((((((((( Or make special designator for a cave entrance. We are losing time for searching target, but it's underground! Then losing time searching for the cave entrance ((((((((( As result we fail the mission (((((

this is why dont play eidolon anymore thanks DE 

Oh hai, it's me again. Considering other changes. Please stop playtesting things on 20ish level enemies, THANKS in advance. Jeez.

This is, after all, PVE game. Let us feel the power we want to feel, not change from good to unusable.

Just so you know.

With 200% power strenght Gara's wall can't even stand 10-15 seconds against 10 lv 80 grineer. Which is *just* a kuva flood mission. It is literally made of glass now

There's just literally no point playing this warframe, he does not function. And if you will throw both power strenght and armor mods in it (which will not really even help much in terms of wall's health) you will have about 3 seconds duration on her 2 which means you will get one shotted by those grinner. Like beside Zephyr, this is currently the worts frame especially in terms of powers "synergy", they don't function and don't work together.

On 12/8/2017 at 7:44 PM, Daz0n said:

What precisely is this supposed to accomplish? I'm curious as to what happens before I try it.

it does the exact same thing as if you used a desktop shortcut or started from steam, but for some reason this works.

Not sure if this is a bug but in plains using a mining tools kicks Ivara out of prowl it wasn't doing that on launch with plains, or at least it wasn't kicking her out of prowl for me. But again not sure if this is a thing now or if it's included with the now fixed roll kicking her out.

@[DE]Aidan

I had an idea about Gara's wall that might make everyone happy. As Gara can manipulate and recycle her glass, when a wall section is under attack she could morph the glass from undamaged sections to reinforce the parts taking damage. Essentially you still get holes, preventing her area lockdown being overpowered, but the holes are in the less attacked areas and the wall holds longer where it is most needed. Enemies can still walk round, but have to walk further not unlike a tower defense maze. This way Gara's wall ends up evolving into something more like a series of well-placed Atlas walls before it breaks entirely.

Archived