[DE]Danielle

Plains of Eidolon: Update 22.6.0 + Hotfix 22.6.0.1

20 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Gara Mass Vitrify Changes:

• Mass Vitrify is no longer invulnerable and now has sections that break off and explode as it absorbs incoming damage. The amount of damage absorbed scales with Power Strength and Armor. Explosion damage scales with Power Strength. 
  • Mass Vitrify no longer has a duration and remains until recast, destroyed from damage, or smashed with Shattered Lash. 

Gara is still relatively new as far as Warframes are concerned but since her release, we’ve found (and many players have found) that an invulnerable and almost impenetrable barrier doesn’t allow for a very engaging gameplay experience. We know that other Warframes also have Powers with similar issues, but adding a shattering component to Mass Vitrify is a change we could easily implement that is consistent with Gara’s glass theme while also making Mass Vitrify more interactive. 

The same excuses used back when Frost got his nerf. Makes me wonder when people will get enough of your nerfs. This should not be tolerated.

• Upvote 11

1 minute ago, [DE]Danielle said:

It seems our initial suggestion to turn off DirectX 10 isn't working as we'd hoped it would. We're still investigating and will get back to you ASAP! 

DX 11 also needs to be disabled 

w_pUBf-wRhukDt1mrnLXNQ.png

Edited by Qania
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Cool new update but when will you guys fix the bug that the "This is what you are" achievement isn't unlocking?

Nvm it got fixed

Edited by FuRiiOz
  • Like 1

Just now, Samayla said:

Tried disabling DX10, still Update failed. Tried various version of disabling things, and running things as admin. Still update failed. I'm locked out of WF at the moment. Help?

Disable both 10 and 11

2 minutes ago, iamghost77 said:

Yeah let's nerf frost that is totally gonna solve the problem

Absolutely, its pointless to nerf Frost... pointless to just nerf him, DE needs to nerf like at least half of the frames to make the game less of a snore fest.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Ryim_Drykeon said:

DirectX 10 turn off doesn't help

It worked for me when I also turned off DirectX 11

9 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

For those of you getting "Update Failed!", we suggest turning off DirectX 10 from your Launcher as a workaround while we work on fixing. Click on the gear wheel in the top right corner of the launcher, simply check off "DirectX 10", and hit "ok".

image (5).png

Still failing.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Qania:

Turn off both 10 and 11

Thank you for your reply. Now alows me to verfiy cache.

1 minute ago, [DE]Danielle said:

It seems our initial suggestion to turn off DirectX 10 isn't working as we'd hoped it would. We're still investigating and will get back to you ASAP! 

Numerous people report turning both DX10 and DX11 off seem to work fine and allow the update to proceed, thanks for the fix :)

Just now, EDM774 said:

Disable both 10 and 11

Well now it isn't immediately failing at least. Stuck verifying cache, but I guess stuff could be worse.

Wow, that's a lot of QoL changes, need some time to digest all of that.
I like the sound of a lot of those, Dynamic Weather, Focus 2.5 on the surface, Bounty tweaks.
But I feel like bringing up again that Archwings on the Plains have felt really badly implemented. From day one the PoE update dropped, hundreds of consensus opinions cropped up on these forums suggesting ways you could improve upon it, like:

1. Make infinite charges, they could have a cooldown if knocked out by archwing disabler projectiles (missiles).
2. Make crafting charges dirt cheap if the game will treat them as cheap disposables by how easily everything disables your archwing in one hit.
3. Remove Archwing disabler projectiles.

I prefer 1. myself, but even then I also want all grineer enemies to stop spamming their disablers constantly, even butchers* and lancers carry their infinite supply of magical no cooldown missiles they can fire at you and keep firing at you the moment they notice you've gone airborne.

*If you're going to give even butchers and other melee enemies magical infinite no cooldown homing rockets, because you want them to have a fair fight with an archwing, then you might as well give them a gun instead of having them bring a knife to a gunfight.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

For those of you getting "Update Failed!", we suggest turning off DirectX 10 from your Launcher as a workaround while we work on fixing. Click on the gear wheel in the top right corner of the launcher, simply check off "DirectX 10", and hit "ok".

image (5).png

This worked for me! Thank you!

Darn, was hoping to get a removal of the damage cap on volt's ultimate.... As for Gara's nerf, I suppose I'll go back to frost forever...

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, manimalia said:

What does QoL stand for?

Quality of Life, meaning they're making changes to the game to make things a little more accessible, neater, faster, etc. = just a little bit less annoying.

• Applause 1

I went to ....steamapps/common/warframe/tools/ to the launcher and ran with admin privileges.  It is now updating, but it is downloading like 1.7 gigs. 

13 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

image (5).png

doesn't help either here

12 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

image (5).png

Thanks for such quick feedback, but no dice.

Something else is broken.

10 minutes ago, AshleyLaxus said:

still can't play

3 fps in the PoE

Then don't play on a toaster. Maybe try the microwave from time to time :)

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2