Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

You Can No Longer Roll in Prowl (Ivara) [Fixed]

WhiteSpike

There is already a topic for this.  Let's try to keep it consolidated so DE can all get their feedback in one place:

If you have anything else you notice, that'd probably be the place to say it.

Since you brought it up though, I will say it here: Ivara does not need to be able to slide while using Prowl.  When playing Ivara, we effectively gain access to truly infinite stealth (as pickpocketing to multiply loot tables allows enough energy orbs to sustain it indefinitely.  That is an immense amount of utility and comes at a tradeoff.  Between jumping, sliding, uninhibited motion on dashwires, walljumping, and rolling, we have plenty of options to maintain mobility.  If we could slide and bulletjump as well, we'd be at the point where Ivara on Prowl would literally just be able to remain unnoticed by enemies while styling across the whole map and killing everything while ALSO multiplying loot... in other words, she'd get brokenly overpowered and even *I* as someone who uses Ivara more than any other warframe would ask DE to nerf that with how out of hand it could get in no time flat.

However, due to the bug, I suppose we can cross off rolling for the time being.  Shame.  Guess that means I'm not playing Warframe until another patch (and I don't say that to be petty and boycott, but because I did one mission today and it felt so unsatisfying and ungainly trying to use Prowl in the current state that I did not enjoy the mission - considering Ivara is my most used warframe AND apparently both corrosive and slash procs are being reported as bugged as well... the game is in a messy enough state I won't enjoy it on the current build, frankly).

So, patch 22.6 came out and brought weather and focus 2.5 along with a plethora of bug fixes, that's awesome! Way to go DE!

Unfortunately, it also broke a few things.

Namely, Ivaras Prowl when trying to roll with the Sprint/Roll key.
And this isn't the first time this bug has shown it's ugly head.

So basically what happens is, if you use Prowl, and press the Sprint/Roll key, it breaks Prowl instantly, this is because Prowl is intended to break when sprinting to emphasize being slow and sneaky (I assume). The problem is that when you just press the key to roll (super stealth dodge!) instead of sprint, it breaks prowl, which I know is not intended.

Temporary solution until it's fixed: Go into your keybinds and bind a key to "roll", maybe Caps Lock or whatever your comfortable with, and continue stealth dodging your way to victory.

Suggested permanent solution for DE: Please let Ivara sprint while in Prowl. It would keep this bug from popping up again in a future update (probably?). If you were to fix it to where only sliding/bullet jumping were to break Prowl, Ivara would still be slower that all the other warframes while Prowling, especially since sliding and bullet jumping is how everyone gets around really fast anyways.

I love all the work you do DE and I hope you consider what I've said.

To everyone who sees this, let me know what you think!

Yes, the roll is the only mobility while Prowl is activated that is faster than walking. Well, you can bullet jump with the Infiltrate mod but you need to be stationary to use it... I hope that rolling while Prowl is active is not gone for good and this is just a bug that needs fixing :)