Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corrosive status effect not applying [Fixed]

Mjaeko

I know crit chance + crit damage is generally "the meta", but I'm a status freak. Since Grineer armor can't be withered away by corrosive, it seems that for now, I will be outclassed by the crit freaks. Hopefully, Gas isn't broken, too (because it's very effective against Corpus).

My 100% status chance armor stripper Boar Prime doesn't remove enemy armor anymore, great now I have to deal with 100k health Bombards/Gunners at level 80+. If DE wants to nerf corrosive procs then nerf the armor scaling in high levels, thank god 4CP still works. Or I just use OP Slash Proc Tigris Prime.

There was a post earlier with a similar subject. Corrosive procs aren't nerfed, they're bugged apparently. I'd link the other post, but I'm on mobile, so not sure if I can just copy paste the link or not

Best thing you can do: submit a bug report. More bug reports from individual people generally make issues get noticed faster

Just now, Sajochi said:

Here's a hint: if it wasn't in the patch notes, it's a bug. If you don't think it's a bug, check for an extinguished key. If no key, then it's a bug. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think damage has any impact on corrosive procs. It's my understanding that a weapon that deals absolutely 0 damage can still strip armor with corrosive procs

Yeah the little symbol to show a corrosive proc happening popped up for me in todays sortie but my weapon designed for stripping armour never once managed to even increase its damage despite ghost procs probably being in the thousands. Meanwhile the kavat was still fully stripping armor normally so this appears to be a corrosive procs only thing.

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)SupremeMorpheus said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think damage has any impact on corrosive procs. It's my understanding that a weapon that deals absolutely 0 damage can still strip armor with corrosive procs

I'm saying in general. There are 2 reasons for "stealth nerf" threads. One is someone forgetting to remove an extinguished key "blaaaaaargh you nerfed gun by a large amount, grrrrr bad devs." The other is due to a bug " Recent patch dropped, why u nerf this bllllllllaaaaargh."

Honestly, that should be at the top of the FAQ.

4 minutes ago, Sajochi said:

I'm saying in general. There are 2 reasons for "stealth nerf" threads. One is someone forgetting to remove an extinguished key "blaaaaaargh you nerfed gun by a large amount, grrrrr bad devs." The other is due to a bug " Recent patch dropped, why u nerf this bllllllllaaaaargh."

Honestly, that should be at the top of the FAQ.

I've seen more than my fair share of threads and complaints with similar issues and responses. It's more the specific circumstances here that make me suggest the counterpoint. Even with the extinguished key, OP would still be able to see if their corrosive procs are functioning correctly, or even at all