Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VirtualViolet

New eye shading is nice, but...

New eye shading is nice, but it seems a little too dark. Also, the eye glow animation doesn't always sync up between both eyes, leading to a weird cross-eyed look. That and the dark shading make my Operator look like she's half-baked or drowsy.

Perhaps an Intensity/Opacity slider for Operator Accent colors is in order?

Unless this is related to the new shading in general, and just exacerbated by dark accent colors. If that's the case, might need a slider for both. (Or at least a bit of tweaking)

After taking another look in game, the darkness seems to be dependent on the ambient lighting. Sitting in the chair the shadow of the eyelids/lashes just seems too dark, but walking around it seems okay.

The main thing is the out-of-sync eye glow animations, though. It just looks really freaky.

I find the eyes ok, BUT, The big issues are -  how dark they are, How small eyes are in this game meaning the darker the more depressing it looks, and the colours of the eyes are less colourful.

The Glow animation caught me off guard a little. When i zoomed in on my Tenno's eyes I began to notice the animation, but I feel like the eyes should be synced up. Kinda feels weird having one eye glowing and the other dark and then vice verse.

Also looked at it a bit more and the top half is dark while the bottom half is bright. Makes your character look demonic looking down and normal looking up, but when they stare straight ahead they look sad. Did someone try to draw a shadow on the eyeball because it doesn't look good. Although I do admit the texture work is really nice.

Half of the eyes are dark even when looking forward its actually kinda creepy. The textures are nice but the glow and shadow affects are really weird