Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How come we still can't refund the focus abilities ourselves

ZenDash

I upgraded my Mind Sprint from Naramon Skill tree to the max, now it goes way too far and it gets so disorienting, i'd like to go down a bit with the dash speed yet i'm permamently locked out of it how is this still not a thing, are we supposed to be punished for this? 

inb4 hahueh tough luck there buddy-o-pal dont hurry next time with the upgrades

While DE may or may not grant freedom to respec as you please, what they probably COULD/should do is allow you to change your node levels as you please once you upgrade them. So say you have one maxed at level 3--you should be able to use it at level "0," 1, 2, or 3, as you please, as opposed to just the binary setting "ON/OFF." A true Master should be able to act with as much or as little force as is required by the situation, not be only ever at 0% or 100%.

Edited by Meta_Nexus
Minor grammar

19 minutes ago, Bronjun said:

Or you could aim at where you want to dash to?

no just stop, you know this was supposed to be implemented long ago, and it doesn't matter if you aim you'll still end up stuck in some random wall lip or travel further away from where you actually wanted to go with this maxed setting but when you try to return to it you realize you just either suddenly ran out of energy or just already fell off of the dam,n thing you tried to dash on

2 hours ago, ZenDash said:

I upgraded my Mind Sprint from Naramon Skill tree to the max, now it goes way too far and it gets so disorienting, i'd like to go down a bit with the dash speed yet i'm permamently locked out of it how is this still not a thing, are we supposed to be punished for this? 

inb4 hahueh tough luck there buddy-o-pal dont hurry next time with the upgrades

I too was wondering about this.There are many skills that are far better half upgraded than maxed.Abilities that use more energy as lvl of ability rises but don't give us much more are the worst ones.We ussualy realize this when it is already too late.All of us are going to suffer from this because Focus abilities are relatively new and we dont know how they work until we unlock it(permanently) and try it out.Only thing that tells us how something works is a short and not very clear text description.

I would like if we were able to reset and refund whole tree and downgrade some nodes.I dont see anything wrong or exploitive in this.If someone does pls quote me on this. 

The fact that this isn't refundable is pretty terrible, and counterintuitive to the entire rest of WF mechanics and how the entire game is designed to allow you to change your options and everything at any time.  This difference isn't cool in any way.

It is a punishing system because it is time absolutely lost if you make a wrong decision in a faulty and undocumented system.