The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whats with the crosshair motion blur?

Zephyr_TheMLGPro

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

personally I don't mind it, for me it serves as a reminder that I'm sprinting in combat and that I need to slow down to be able to shoot. though I understand it can seem weird and off-putting for some.

How do you not notice that you're sprinting in combat?  Even if you're using "sprint as toggle" and never turn it off, then you'd automatically *know* that you're sprinting anytime you're moving.

In any case, I'd also like to request the option to disable the new dynamic crosshair.  It provides information I don't need, in a form I don't want and won't actually be able to use.  The only thing the new crosshair does for me is cause annoyance when I'm fishing, and threaten to trigger motion sickness when I'm sprinting.  It's a change that I'm sure took a lot of work to implement.  It's too bad that the result is pointless and unnecessary, at best.

Just now, EmberStar said:

In any case, I'd also like to request the option to disable the new dynamic crosshair.  It provides information I don't need, in a form I don't want and won't actually be able to use.  The only thing the new crosshair does for me is cause annoyance when I'm fishing, and threaten to trigger motion sickness when I'm sprinting.  It's a change that I'm sure took a lot of work to implement.  It's too bad that the result is pointless and unnecessary, at best.

7 hours ago, Midrib said:

Reticle Changes: 

• Reticle will turn blue when targeting allies and red when targeting enemies.
  • Reticle will show different states for hip, aim and sprint.
  • Context actions will dim when aiming while they are active. 

I thought you were gonna show me something in patch notes that says how to disable it. 

This thread probably belongs to Feedback.

Also, I don't like the colors, blue is ok for allies but with so many enemies the red just doesn't feel right. The reticle is supposed to help with aiming but the bright red makes it harder.

For the first time in my gaming experience with Warframe a change in the UI makes me feel sick.

Colors swaps - whatever. But the sprint blur? Really? After all the moaning and groaning over screen shakes and motion blur, you are going to make something in the center of my screen flicker like it is on drugs each time I enter sprint even for half a second? 

Please - if someone enjoys it - all the power to the person. But allow us to disable this.

I get motion sickness from the new 'blur' reticule as well.

It would be cool to get a disable button for it

or

make the reticule have a static second line/curve below it.

Maybe the original intention was that there should only be 2 static curve like lines below the dot while sprinting, but for some reason it switches back and forth between the two states and thus causing this weird motion blur effect?

Edited by -Zr-Scroll

I like the hip/aim transformation, the IFF color changing is nice, and I wouldn't mind having sprint and crouch indication as well. But the way the sprint is done right now is not good.

In a game like Warframe, where the high mobility of the player causes a large amount of constant movement across the entire screen, having a static anchor point to focus on is important to keep players from getting motion sickness. The Crosshair is the best thing for this, since it is in the center of the screen, and you spend a lot of time focusing on it anyway. But this new dimming and blurring effect ruins that, and does so specifically when it is needed most as a focus point. Plus it just plain looks cheesy.

I suggest adding a small triangle or line on either side of the crosshair when sprinting, and a small carrot pointing down on the bottom when crouching. This would be much simpler, and fit the clean HUD style much better than the silly blurring effect.

And, as always, having an option to turn all this off and use a simple static crosshair would be the best way to please everyone.

52 minutes ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

I like it.

If I recall this is not present on the console build.

17 minutes ago, Gerdaro said:

I wish i knew what the hell you guys are talking about =(

The issue is present only if you use sprint, if you don't use that functionality within the game you won't spot it. 

17 minutes ago, Zephyr_TheMLGPro said:

41MpzMC.jpg

This but it pulses constantly making me (and many others) sick.

Ohhh i see. I didnt notice it, ill see if it is happening to me aswell.

I have all the graphics maxed/activated, it should be displaying for me aswell

Having more options is always good and DE knows it. Surprising if there isn't a switch for it. I like the concept of a dynamic crosshair but I do question the sprint one a bit. While moving fast, no one needs something to draw their attention away from what they are actually trying to accomplish. If anything, hiding the crosshair when not able to immediately attack (like when sprinting) is a slightly better option. 

In the end, for me I acclimated quite fast for it and didn't notice it at all after about an hour. Though clearly that isn't so for everyone as this thread proves. Check feedback for a thread about this and upvote it. Make one if you don't find one. 

Edited by Lakais

2 minutes ago, (PS4)ArtPrince17 said:

But it is...

Are you sure we are on the same page on this one?

"Reticle will turn blue when targeting allies and red when targeting enemies.
Reticle will show different states for hip, aim and sprint.
Context actions will dim when aiming while they are active."

Which is not present on 22.3.5 which is the PS4 build. Now you do have some console specific changes as well considering sprinting and melee, but do you have the exact "your reticle blurs during sprint" which is the main culprit behind people feeling ill after a game session?

Not to mention that "I like it" it cool statement - I am happy for you - that does not mean that people that have a non small issue with this change can't comment on the fact that there no way way to disable it outside of either putting a post it note on your screen or not sprinting at all.

7 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

"Reticle will turn blue when targeting allies and red when targeting enemies.
Reticle will show different states for hip, aim and sprint.
Context actions will dim when aiming while they are active."

Which is not present on 22.3.5 which is the PS4 build. Now you do have some console specific changes as well considering sprinting and melee, but do you have the exact "your reticle blurs during sprint" which is the main culprit behind people feeling ill after a game session?

Not to mention that "I like it" it cool statement - I am happy for you - that does not mean that people that have a non small issue with this change can't comment on the fact that there no way way to disable it outside of either putting a post it note on your screen or not sprinting at all.

I can confirm it is in fact on the console build. However, it's slightly different. It is a static effect versus the dynamic one we have. For console it's just one blurred reticle that drops and stays as such. It does not move. I'm still not a fan of it, but it's a lot better than the PC version.

24 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

13 minutes ago, nickelshark said:

I can confirm it is in fact on the console build. However, it's slightly different. It is a static effect versus the dynamic one we have. For console it's just one blurred reticle that drops and stays as such. It does not move. I'm still not a fan of it, but it's a lot better than the PC version.

Thanks.

25 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

I only said I liked it in response to someone else. I wasn't making any other statement.

While I would actually prefer to use the new scoped crosshair as my default one, the fact the the crosshair moves while sprinting is quite distracting and makes it rather difficult to see where exactly I'm aiming. DE needs to remove it, or add an option to disable it ASAP.

I mean, let's begin with assuming that at least a few people in this company with 170 employees (according to wiki) actually play the game - because it'd already be a bad thing if they didn't. That means that either nobody of them goes "this is a bad change and we shouldn't ship it". Or that those people aren't listened to. And I'm not sure which one is worse.