[DE]Danielle

Plains of Eidolon: Hotfix 22.6.1

A long while back I posted about how Chesa Kubrows and other utility pets were broken. They refused to use thier precepts around enemies. Since then many community "solutions" have been offered. "Make sure you have the precepts in the right order in your loadout". "Make sure you are not attacking enemies as your pet will start attacking and overwrite its own priorites in favor of killing". None of these fixed the issue. Take my Chesa for example, it's neutralize mod is not useless as it won't active when there are no enemies and when there are enemies my kubrow just attacks enemies instead of disarming them. Kavats are proof that this is a bug or broken freature as they use thier non combat functions while enemies are nearby. Please DE fix my utility kubrows.

On that subject, Pets in general are just plain unbalanced compaired to setinials. I know, I know. you've all heard this a million times.. But i'm posting it again becuase nothing has been done about it. 

Lets look at Setinials first:

• Can be obtained almost right out of the gate when starting a new account
  • Cheap to make (no incubator or rare resource farming needed)
  • No wait times or resources needed to switch between compainions
  • No stat degredation over time while compainion is out
  • No Resource upkeep
  • More focused on Utility compared to Pets
  • Always stay by your side and don't get stuck on easily manuvarable parts of the map
  • Can revive you
  • Are easier to kill than pets and connot be healed as easily
  • only have a set number of "revives" before they are dead for the mission

Next Pets:

• Take longer to get as you need to complete a quest for kubrows and then must make it to the derelict to get Kavats
  • Require Much for prerequiste work to get, the above quest to obtain equipment to use pets, Special rare drops only found at 1 location for each pet type (eggs for kubrows/Genetic codes for kavats)
  • 3 hour wait times to switch in between pets (or 30 min if you can the resources for the "upgrade") or you can use plat or credits(upgraded) to "rush" it
  • Stat degredation for eqipped compainion which result in loss of compainion if you don't have the upgrade
  • Resource upkeep required to keep compainion alive/battle worthy
  • More focused on combat with pets having higher damage and combat abilites than setinials
  • AI cuases pets to glitch out on terrain or not even follow you period which makes them less useful for combat or utility
  • Cannot revive you
  • Are harder to kill as they have more health and can be healed by player more easily
  • Can be revived an unlimited number of times during mission

While the Hunter mod pack has made it possible for pets to now heal you, bringing them one step closer to rivialing setinials. That is so sad that we need a mod pack that hinders our already exsisiting builds to help our pets closer to a substitute for setinials. Pets are a late game compainion, harder to get, required resources to keep going, and yet they are worthless both in and out of mission compained to setinials. Yes, Pets are more combat focused and do more damage and survive longer, but that does not redem that amount of work or time spend into getting and maintaining them/ using them. The utility pets are worse than setinials in every way besides survivability since they don't use thier precepts, and even if they did. don't don't match up to hte setinials due to the sub part pathing AI for pets.

Please DE, please. Buff Pets!! Atleast the Utility Kubrows.. fix those. either that or remove all this "end game requirements/resources sinks" from them as they are currently not worth it.

As of right now the only Pet i use is my Smeeta kavat as she still uses her precepts, she strips armor, and she can heal me. plus doing tons of damage. She make all the resources and time and grind worth the price both in aquiring and maintaining her.. the other kavat is good as well as striping armor is still availible, The Charger Kubrow also uses his precepts and does great damage so he makes the price more barable. But the other Pets aren't worth it they have been collect dust ever since early Febuary 2016 when chesa's were somewhat new and you Changed how kubrow utility precepts worked.. in that they don't.

I am terribly sorry for rambling on and on. But this is important to me. I've worked hard and long to get these pets and all but one aren't useful to me. Please DE Help.

Thank you for taking the time to read all this,

BIueKnight

Edited by BIueKnight
  • Upvote 1

I might be happier to just have the parts all change their stats, and keep the MR, since there might be a lot of regrinding for MR to do again.

57 minutes ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Tenno, it seems Pedlek messed up some Zaw orders and built them with incorrect stats... Your Platinum and Forma will be refunded early next week and the Zaw removed along with any MR gains from it. You’ll receive an inbox messages from Hok with his deepest apologies when it is removed. Sorry for any inconvenience!

I really wish DE would add someone to their Customer Support team who has a background in Hospitality.  Because if a restaurant or hotel operated like this, simply refunding your money and saying "sorry", that restaurant or hotel wouldn't survive for very long.  If a waiter spills a drink on the table while bringing it to you, oftentimes the restaurant not only refunds or replaces, but they give you a free dessert, they have the manager come over to talk to you, and so on.

TL;DR  Unless the "I'm sorry" email from Hok comes with a catalyst, reactor, or forma attached to it, it's a pretty weak apology.  And I say this with impartiality because I'm someone who wasn't affected by the bug.

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 4

28 minutes ago, Chompsky_Honk said:

I want to clarify something since a lot of people seem to be misunderstanding it.

Zaws aren't being completely removed and you won't lose any you've built. There was a bug with Hok's daily special yesterday that gave it obviously unintended stats. Only that one is being removed. If you didn't buy Hok's daily special in the first few hours it was available yesterday, you don't have to worry about losing your zaws or components.

is this confirmed?

cuz I really love my Plague Kripath Zaw since I rolled a god tier riven for it 

That blast update not only broke the Sonicor, but fun blast weapons in general. i miss when the Strun used to send dead enemies flying......Like it didn't even impact (heh) gameplay at all.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, thegodoflions said:

is this confirmed?

cuz I really love my Plague Kripath Zaw since I rolled a god tier riven for it 

As long as your zaw doesn't have pure finisher damage, you'll be fine. That was the bug.

1 minute ago, Chompsky_Honk said:

That was the bug

Would ya happen to have a pic to show the stats, for those that are curious?

unknown.png

This is the zaw in question. There's no way to have innate finisher damage legitimately, so it only makes sense that they're being removed.

It's a shame though, I had a lot of fun with it.

Edited by Chompsky_Honk
  • Upvote 1

Anyone else having a problem with the latest hotfix? It takes forever to load and the window goes all white, can hear the sound of the main menu but cannot see anything. Do i have to wait for the next update to play? Or is there something I can do to make it work?

36 minutes ago, Chompsky_Honk said:

Hok's daily special zaw was bugged for a few hours yesterday, and it had pure finisher damage. Only that one is being removed.

ah ok lol.  and holy hell, pure finisher? XD

1 minute ago, Weedkinstien said:

Anyone else having a problem with the latest hotfix? It takes forever to load and the window goes all white, can hear the sound of the main menu but cannot see anything.

Where?

Perhaps verifying the cache will help.

1 hour ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Tenno, it seems Pedlek messed up some Zaw orders and built them with incorrect stats... Your Platinum and Forma will be refunded early next week and the Zaw removed along with any MR gains from it. You’ll receive an inbox messages from Hok with his deepest apologies when it is removed. Sorry for any inconvenience!

Additions: 
The Seismic Wave mod now drops from Bailiffs and Tusk Reavers. 

Changes:

• Adjusted the audio gain for rain the the Plains, and improved the ability to hear fishing and mining laser audio more clearly when it's raining.
  • Very slightly reduced the shadow from the eyelashes on Operators. 

Fixes:

Yep Gara is now "fixed".... she's defensively useless outside low/mid level content due to mass vitrify breaking so easily now EVEN WITH maxed power str....

• Upvote 2

Still got issues with fish not being highlighted when you use the luminous dye. 

• Upvote 1

yea, PLZ PLZ for the love of all the is holy.... fix luminious dye.. it doesn't work half the time and the radius is tiny. I like the old dye!

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, StrongCrayon said:

I really wish DE would add someone to their Customer Support team who has a background in Hospitality.  Because if a restaurant or hotel operated like this, simply refunding your money and saying "sorry", that restaurant or hotel wouldn't survive for very long.  If a waiter spills a drink on the table while bringing it to you, oftentimes the restaurant not only refunds or replaces, but they give you a free dessert, they have the manager come over to talk to you, and so on.

TL;DR  Unless the "I'm sorry" email from Hok comes with a catalyst, reactor, or forma attached to it, it's a pretty weak apology.  And I say this with impartiality because I'm someone who wasn't affected by the bug.

The difference is that a hotel/restaurant is required by law to refund you real world money if the service/product was not acceptable while the TOS of Warframe explicitly tells you that you do not own anything in-game including your equipment and platinum. So if DE wanted they could completely legally just have removed it and given them jack squat. I am all for consumer rights and customer service but I think you are expecting a bit too much here. DE already is going out of their way to make sure those affected are compensated for their loss. Compared to the hundred of times I was negatively affected by some bug/error in an online game and got no compensation at all this does not seem so bad. Instead of hiring more people who politely apologise for bugs I would prefer hiring more people for QA to make sure less bugs make it to release and programmers for fixing bugs.

Sparring weapons' slide attack still doesn't send enemies flying. So this was actually a full-on nerf of every ragdoll effect, not just a blast nerf with unintended effects? Great decision, let's nerf everything that's even slightly fun in this game. But remember, grind is content tenno! Why. Just...why.

• Upvote 3

Wait wait wait... Are you telling us that a rare exclusive item that's no longer obtainable and only a few people that were at the right place at the right time with enough money could get is not actually allowed?

Well, golly gosh darn it then.

DE you need to Revert the last patch changes to Gara and then reduce the range...drastically by like 400% (that way the max you can get is like 25M diameter Ring) This Health system, epsecially the current values and being unable to increase them in any way, is completely 100% awful and needs changed.

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

Still no fix for horribly placed energy trails on Plague Zaw strikes. Seriously, they aren't even close to lining up. 

Edited by Plasmaface

Citation

Tenno, it seems Pedlek messed up some Zaw orders and built them with incorrect stats... Your Platinum and Forma will be refunded early next week and the Zaw removed along with any MR gains from it

No offense, but you really should choose your words more carefully. First moment i thought i had to do all the Zaws all over. Again. Not funny. Period.

• Upvote 3