Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PS4 Winter Platinum Sale - Extended for America Regions (January 10th - 17th)!

(PSN)Jament26

Message added by [DE]Danielle

Hey PS4 Tenno! We're aware the Winter Platinum sale ended early for the America regions today. This is not intended and came as a surprise since the sale was originally scheduled to end January 4th. Once everyone is back in their seats in the new year, we'll gear up to rectify the issue asap!

We appreciate your patience and understanding while we're away from DE's home base. 

In the meantime, all related threads will be merged here so that we can keep you updated. Thanks y'all!  

Jan 3rd update: We have returned from Holidays and are working on a solution, and will keep you updated as information becomes available. Thank you for your continued patience! 

Jan 10th update: I return to you with excellent news, Tenno. We just got word that the sale will return for America regions tomorrow, Wednesday, January 10th (sometime roughly around 2pm ET) and will be live until January 17th! 

We truly appreciate your patience as we worked to extend the sale for Amerca regions since it ended earlier than originally announced. Many thanks! 

19 minutes ago, (PS4)The_Verethragna said:

That announcement is talking about the Starter Pack that's on sale for $19.99.

Booster Pack 2 is something else entirely.

The starter pack has 300 platinum and isn't specific to PS+ so I think not...

Their blog has been updated to mention the 16th now...that wasn't included originally.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/12/27/playstation-plus-free-games-for-january-2018/

Edited by (PS4)Elvenbane

3 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey guys! Might you be referring to this blog post? https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/12/27/playstation-plus-free-games-for-january-2018/

If so, you can find information about the PlayStation Plus Booster Pack II Bundle at the bottom. It reads: 

"Lastly, for fans of Warframe, you can grab the PlayStation Plus Booster Pack II Bundle starting January 16 to help get you started on your adventure in the Origin System."

So you can look forward to seeing the pack in the store on January 16th! Thanks :) 

Appreciate the clarification but yeah, it definitely said Jan 2 at one point. They updated it.

The real is that this topic is for the problem q so far there has not been a solution or date for the same and it has not only affected the north of America, but also affected the south, I am from Brazil and here the promotion is also not available then we should be careful in charging this and not be inventing what you do not have to do with it

DE doesn't really lose on sales at all. You sell a cheeseburger for $1 and one day you mark it down to $.50 Well most people will see that and say hey I get 2 for the price of one. So you sale 2 burgers and still get your  $1.

This sale has sold and will sale atleast double the platinum, so DE gets their usual cost and maybe 50% more, by selling fake currency for real money.

So even better, the burgers actually cost more ingredients, but a line of generated code is completely free. We get a lot of Platinum and they get richer for free.

31 minutes ago, (PS4)RANGER936 said:

DE doesn't really lose on sales at all. You sell a cheeseburger for $1 and one day you mark it down to $.50 Well most people will see that and say hey I get 2 for the price of one. So you sale 2 burgers and still get your  $1.

This sale has sold and will sale atleast double the platinum, so DE gets their usual cost and maybe 50% more, by selling fake currency for real money.

So even better, the burgers actually cost more ingredients, but a line of generated code is completely free. We get a lot of Platinum and they get richer for free.

I don't believe that is true.  For example, if they were to restart the sale, I would buy the $75 (reg $150) pack now, and maybe mirage prime access in about a month or so.  Otherwise, I might buy the prime access now and wait for another sale or the next prime access.  I will no longer pay the regular price for platinum packs, as they are too steep for what you get (prime access is the exception).

There's also a bunch of deals on games that I want on the PS store that are only available for a few more days.  No decision from warframe might mean I spend money on other things (it may be my favorite game at the moment, but there are plenty of other great titles to try).

5 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Hey guys! Might you be referring to this blog post? https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/12/27/playstation-plus-free-games-for-january-2018/

If so, you can find information about the PlayStation Plus Booster Pack II Bundle at the bottom. It reads: 

"Lastly, for fans of Warframe, you can grab the PlayStation Plus Booster Pack II Bundle starting January 16 to help get you started on your adventure in the Origin System."

So you can look forward to seeing the pack in the store on January 16th! Thanks :) 

Thanks! Looking forward to the booster pack! A old one said beginning of January, but better late then never! And looking forward to May be restarting the plat sell or another solution. Happy holidays!

3 hours ago, (PS4)RANGER936 said:

3 hours ago, (PS4)RANGER936 said:

Understand one thing with a promotion reaches more people who would not even be interested but because they have the chance to buy more for less they end up buying, I say that because in my case if the promotion does not come back I will not buy at the normal price

Edited by (PS4)EXTERMINATOR132

I'm really hoping that at some point today they'll get their stuff together and put the sale back on, but there's doubts. DE said they were back and working on a solution Thursday, but here we are still, without any updates. At the beginning it was understandable to me, the first couple days after the sale ended early people were pissed, and other people were telling them to calm down, it'll be alright.

But now it's the 6th of January, I don't get how hard it is to just restart the sale, they said they'd get it all taken care of once they got back for the new year but it's stretching farther into January. I'm really hoping for a solution soon, although yes, I can hold onto my money, no its not hard, but it's kind of ridiculous.

The starter pack coming on the 16th for Plus members is nice but we better really get something back from them as a reward for all this drawn out nonsense. I get it, they have families too and were on holiday break, but they're obviously back now, and this game is their responsibility to take care of and they're really slacking.

You'd think DE wants to catch all the money they can from this sale but with it not being up they're really losing a lot, it's not difficult for a company like them to realize that. Here I am, waiting, everyone else is waiting. It could get fixed today, and we'd all be relieved, or it could take another week to get things sorted out. Who knows what they're going to do. Like I said, I was patient and understanding at first, but as time goes on everyone starts to get irritated.

Giving them time to travel back to headquarters first before we could get help was one thing, but now that they're there just being sedentary it's turned into something else. Nobody likes waiting, waiting isn't fun, it would help if we got daily feedback on what was going on. But they've gone dark again for 3 days, leaving us to guess. It was really nice to hear from them, to see what the problem was and know that something would be done about it, it gave me hope. But I'm getting weary now.

Extended the sale would be the correct thing to do for all of our trouble. Extending the percent to 60 off would be even better, but I can't see it, maybe.

All I wish is for something to be done quick to justify it, whatever that be. DE needs to take control of their sale, unfortunate enough that something took it down when they were away, but it's a number one priority at the moment and the community is being neglected. They need to act when they see these things, we were promised a sale, and it was taken away.

18 hours ago, (PS4)qboneus said:

-Snip-

It's disappointing to see that we're no where closer to a solution after all this time lost.  If only I could go back to over a week ago, and buy the prime access, and enjoy a few new items while I was on break.  Today, I was going to give in and buy it.  Unfortunately, to add further to the frustrations, there isn't anything special in it.  Akbolto is level 13 (I'm only at 10.5) and I already have Mirage prime. Break is over, so I don't see the point in spending $80 for less platinum than the sale priced $150 pack.

I suppose the best thing we have as consumers to show our dissatisfaction is to not spend our money.  A small fire started well over a week ago, and they just sat back, and watched it get out of hand.

Hey everyone, I understand this is the Internet, and everything gets out of hand or is taken too far. I get that the sale ended early resulting in people being upset... I myself would like to purchase platinum but am waiting (patiently) for the sale. I'm not sure anyone here (outside of employees of DE) knows the full details regarding the mistake. They've addressed that they're going to fix it, until they have new information, would you be content in having someone tell you something even if it was nothing new? Should we bring back crucifixions? It sucks that there was a mistake but just relax, Warframe is awesome, DE has been working for years turning it into something great. Just calm down and wait for an update.

All I know is the ps store generally only does things on Tuesdays.  If it's not up by then than I don't think it will be.  They are milking the week willed who got excited for the sale then couldn't be patient afterwards.  They might have made more money this way because of it.  It could have been intentional and the one or few who didn't know now do and aren't commenting.  I don't know just extrapolating.  Let's face it most kids are a "I want it now!" mentality and parents cave in a lot.  Gotta pay the babysitter...

On 1/5/2018 at 10:11 AM, (PS4)RANGER936 said:

If I were DE, I would just restart the sale completely. They would make a killing and sell more plat then they are selling now.

Off topic tho, DE you really need to look at your price models tho. Platinum is ridiculously high and 165 for a skin, and 75 for a color palette, come on now y'all can do a lot better then that.

I enjoy Warframe, but the cost of things needs to be toned down. If you consider at regular price the cost of 1 skin equals $10. Ridiculous!

These people that don't work and just throw mommy and daddy's  money around and buy $100s in plat can do it. Us working stiffs can't, as we have bills to pay and other more dire needs for our money.

I won't buy skins specifically for this reason,and it looks like the majority of people don't either beyond changing colors of stuff, but yeah , also charging to Change colors is rediculous.