Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PS4 Winter Platinum Sale - Extended for America Regions (January 10th - 17th)!

(PSN)Jament26

Message added by [DE]Danielle

Hey PS4 Tenno! We're aware the Winter Platinum sale ended early for the America regions today. This is not intended and came as a surprise since the sale was originally scheduled to end January 4th. Once everyone is back in their seats in the new year, we'll gear up to rectify the issue asap!

We appreciate your patience and understanding while we're away from DE's home base. 

In the meantime, all related threads will be merged here so that we can keep you updated. Thanks y'all!  

Jan 3rd update: We have returned from Holidays and are working on a solution, and will keep you updated as information becomes available. Thank you for your continued patience! 

Jan 10th update: I return to you with excellent news, Tenno. We just got word that the sale will return for America regions tomorrow, Wednesday, January 10th (sometime roughly around 2pm ET) and will be live until January 17th! 

We truly appreciate your patience as we worked to extend the sale for Amerca regions since it ended earlier than originally announced. Many thanks! 

1 hour ago, (PS4)mystifix said:

@[DE]Danielle what of the people who did pay $ when the sale was supposed to be going on? Will they get a partial refund equivelent to the sale difference, will they get double the plat? We are all in the dark here.

Yeah, I would like to know that as well. I bought the 370 plat package, thinking I would get twice that amount directly in the game :/

Wow I thought the average age Warframe player was older than 5. Give me this give me that. If you actually bought plat at full price that is your fault and only your fault. When you clicked on the package did you not read the price everytime it asked you to confirm and you still accepted it? As for the silence from de I would wait until the dev stream to actually see if they are ignoring you. They said they are working on a solution so just grow some patients like I have and wait. 

11 minutes ago, (PS4)KapitanUntoten13 said:

Wow I thought the average age Warframe player was older than 5. Give me this give me that. If you actually bought plat at full price that is your fault and only your fault. When you clicked on the package did you not read the price everytime it asked you to confirm and you still accepted it? As for the silence from de I would wait until the dev stream to actually see if they are ignoring you. They said they are working on a solution so just grow some patients like I have and wait. 

While some are having an attitude, not everyone is. Some people are politely asking for updates so don't generalize everyone here. Also, just because the price listed it as 40$ still doesn't mean someone couldn't have though they would get 2x the plat for that price because of the sale. It's not unreasonable to think that if it said a sale was active on the hud that going to the store and just clicking on a plat bundle and confirming wouldn't somehow be involved in the sale. They never updated the in-game hud to say there was an issue. Unless someone came here they had no way of knowing if it was just a visual issue in the store or an actual issue in the sale. Also, they have been back since last week. Seeing as how this involves people spending money you would think at least a we reached out to Sony to turn the sale back on but haven't heard back from the yet would take DE 2 seconds to type up and post......

3 minutes ago, (PS4)IBRUTALILEGEND said:

While some are having an attitude, not everyone is. Some people are politely asking for updates so don't generalize everyone here. Also, just because the price listed it as 40$ still doesn't mean someone couldn't have though they would get 2x the plat for that price because of the sale. It's not unreasonable to think that if it said a sale was active on the hud that going to the store and just clicking on a plat bundle and confirming wouldn't somehow be involved in the sale. They never updated the in-game hud to say there was an issue. Unless someone came here they had no way of knowing if it was just a visual issue in the store or an actual issue in the sale. Also, they have been back since last week. Seeing as how this involves people spending money you would think at least a we reached out to Sony to turn the sale back on but haven't heard back from the yet would take DE 2 seconds to type up and post......

But sales on Warframe or PSN for that matter have NEVER worked like that. It lists the price that you are spending for the amount you are getting. Simple. People were smart enough to see there was an issue when they saw there wasn’t a sale price listed before buying so there’s literally no excuse. But I understand your frustration. DE said they are working on it so just let them work and see what they say when they say something. 

7 minutes ago, (PS4)YungRichTae said:

But sales on Warframe or PSN for that matter have NEVER worked like that. It lists the price that you are spending for the amount you are getting. Simple. People were smart enough to see there was an issue when they saw there wasn’t a sale price listed before buying so there’s literally no excuse. But I understand your frustration. DE said they are working on it so just let them work and see what they say when they say something. 

There definately still is an excuse. What if this is their first time buying plat for Warframe. Saw there was a sale in the hud, went to the store didn't know those prices were full price and not half price and bought plat. I'll be honest, I've been playing for almost 3 yrs and i barely noticed it the first day it happened. I was all the way to checkout before I saw the final price. I could definately see an issue ESPECIALLY if you are someone who keeps your wallet full. Most of the time if I know i have more money in my wallet than it costs I just click, click, click. 

Also the problem with "let them work and see what they say" is people are getting 25%,50%,75% coupons from logins and if they don't have plat but were planning on buying plat for the sale then they are losing out on the coupon. This happened to me. I got a 50% coupon yesterday. I've been waiting to buy plat in the event they put the sale back up so I can utilize the coupon. If I wait and see what they do, I may lose it. So I'm here pressuring for information. Should I buy the small pack so i can use the 50% coupon? Will it be fixed tomorrow so I'm safe to wait? Just becuase someone is asking doesn't mean they are 5yrs old and "can't wait" their are plenty of other reasons someone would like and update instead of taking the wait and see method.

Edited by (PS4)IBRUTALILEGEND

And on top of it all live stream that was supposed to happen has been put off for another week so we won't be finding out via Livestream today like everyone thought . So no Livestream and no answers and I know they see this post . And still no answers. For me it's not even about the plat at this point it's about sheer lack of communication that's disturbing. Even a I don't know is better then being ignored outright.

I return to you with excellent news, Tenno. We just got word that the sale will return for America regions tomorrow, Wednesday, January 10th (sometime roughly around 2pm ET) and will be live until January 17th! 

We truly appreciate your patience as we worked to extend the sale for America regions since it ended earlier than originally announced. Many thanks! 

4 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

I return to you with excellent news, Tenno. We just got word that the sale will return for America regions tomorrow, Wednesday, January 10th (sometime roughly around 2pm ET) and will be live until January 17th! 

We truly appreciate your patience as we worked to extend the sale for America regions since it ended earlier than originally announced. Many thanks! 

Oh yeah This is wonderful

Edited by (PS4)EXTERMINATOR132

Wish I would've known sooner. Then I might have saved my money and continued playing this game. After my 75% off coupon expired a couple days ago, I figured it's not worth the wait, the sale isn't coming back and put my money towards monster hunter instead. To be honest I've been a fan for years and this is the first time I've ever seen anything like this happen with warframe. Although for me once was enough, and I'll be taking my money elsewhere.

Kind of hope the children in this topic take note for the future.

They got back to the office and stated they were working on rectifying a mistake that occured during the holidays when the staff weren't in office. A whole not even 5 days later it's taken care of.

Maybe instead of watching things like a hawk and screaming bloody murder when they don't cater to your incessant demands for updates/info that isn't new, show a little bit of maturity, or at least some patience next time so they can handle the issue.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Kamui203 said:

What about customers who already purchases platinum? Did you take down the 50% off platinum ad because you plan on tell customers who purchased it already to bad and was worried about getting a class action lawsuit for false advertisement?

I have screenshots of the time, and dates. @[DE]Danielle you left those who did purchase in the mud. Hello?

I'd just like to acknowledge everyone's frustration and also  thank everyone for their patience and civility.

DE is essentially at the mercy of Sony on this, because it is Sony's infrastructure via the PlayStation Store and I'm sure there are contractual stipulations.

We all want that discount Platinum !

...but let's not forget DE and Warframe is by Gamers for Gamers.

DE, thank you sooo much for getting the winter sale back!!

THANK YOU ALL!!!!!!

btw, i'm really surprised by the amount of people who actually bought plat at full price and thought somehow they were getting the discount later.. it really doesn't make any sense..

Edited by (PS4)the-creeperman
afterthought

Came to say thanks to the folks at DE for getting this all straightened out (got a gift card I've been wanting to spend). Also some of you people whining in this thread and demanding free platinum or some kind of compensation need to calm down. Some of you sound outright crazy and the rest just sound like entitled jerks. You make gamers look bad. Some times just accept the fact that you're not always going to have up to the minute updates on every issue.Having to coordinate with console companies is already annoying enough for DE as is. We don't have to make it even worse by being garbage people on the console forum. It's not as easy as flipping a switch and making the sale go. If it was, we'd have plat discounts in our daily login rewards.