Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PS4 Winter Platinum Sale - Extended for America Regions (January 10th - 17th)!

(PSN)Jament26

Message added by [DE]Danielle

Hey PS4 Tenno! We're aware the Winter Platinum sale ended early for the America regions today. This is not intended and came as a surprise since the sale was originally scheduled to end January 4th. Once everyone is back in their seats in the new year, we'll gear up to rectify the issue asap!

We appreciate your patience and understanding while we're away from DE's home base. 

In the meantime, all related threads will be merged here so that we can keep you updated. Thanks y'all!  

Jan 3rd update: We have returned from Holidays and are working on a solution, and will keep you updated as information becomes available. Thank you for your continued patience! 

Jan 10th update: I return to you with excellent news, Tenno. We just got word that the sale will return for America regions tomorrow, Wednesday, January 10th (sometime roughly around 2pm ET) and will be live until January 17th! 

We truly appreciate your patience as we worked to extend the sale for Amerca regions since it ended earlier than originally announced. Many thanks! 

48 minutes ago, (PS4)Megagold_Fighter said:

If you guys are willing to pay full price for plat, then obviously you didn't need the discount did you?   It's not like you go to pet store to buy a puppy and then put the rest of the litter on sale and you go back to demand a discount.  Who does that??

Seriously? As someone new to Warframe, I saw the ad promoting 50% off and went ahead and decided to buy some plat. Only to find out there wasn't any actual discount because the sale ended, WHILE there was still an ad promoting it was up. I have never bought plat before. I have played other games. I assumed that maybe it would just credit me in game? The scenario you supplied doesn't actually relate to this situation in anyway. It's like you ONLY went to the pet store because they advertised buy one get one free, you buy one and they say oh haha just joking but you already paid for the dog, have a good day. I'm not even really upset about this situation, but what I do expect is for things to work as advertised I will be looking for that credited plat. There was NO way anyone would know that the sale was actually down unless they came to the forums. Anyways good day.

I have like many others have been waiting weeks now for you to replace the sale that only last literally 2 days that was supposed to last 2 weeks which was supposed to last until January 4th - many of us figured most likely it wouldnt get repaired until this Tuesday that just passed due to the Update Schedule of Playstation store etc.

However we have had a lot of patience with you and yet you still have failed to produce even an update of information on this update. I think we are owed something on this front. I personally was willing to purchase some Platinium during the sale. I know many others were waiting for the sale to be put back up as well. I have purchased platinum before without there being a sale but since I knew one was due I figured I might as well wait but to be frank I wont but it until there is a sale now.

Why because frankly many times I have made a purchase only to get screwed maybe a week later with a nice sale being put up after I did and wasted money doing so. It was quite the slap in the face it felt like. I have lost out many times that way. So now this time Christmas had tapped my funds and I had to wait for a paycheck to purchase - which now that I have money to purchase, there is no sale.

No information on one either, though your staffer Danielle had said it would be taken care off asap yet its been weeks now. SO get on the ball with it already. I know a lot of players are tired of being told things by your people and then waiting weeks to months to see results. We also expect the same sale at the very least if not on slightly better due to the  LONG LONG WAIT we have experienced here.

So perhaps maybe you should considering this when posting promises you cant keep for players who are spending money to keep you in business. It is after all how you pay your staff. I would consider this when telling players who spend money on this game to keep you all employed. WE TENNO are waiting I suggest you fix it this week. 

57 minutes ago, (PS4)Phoenix32778 said:

However we have had a lot of patience

Please, stop that generalization to make your own and personal voice sounding more important through use of "we".

I think we are owed something on this front.

You're right - you think. It's your personal opinion. And that's it. 

I personally was willing to purchase some Platinium during the sale.

So, sale is back. Go make your purchase instead of making rage posts.

I have purchased platinum before without there being a sale

"I am paying customer therefore I demand special treatment" generic argument.

many times I have made a purchase only to get screwed maybe a week later with a nice sale being put up after I did and wasted money doing so.

"Promotions start after i made my purchase" generic complaint that brings nothing to the discussion apart from showing that you are whiny guy who is never happy.

It was quite the slap in the face it felt like. I have lost out many times that way.

Yes, because you being trigger happy with your wallet is DEVs fault, right? They literally FORCED you to make those purchases. 

It is you who decided to buy paltinum. You alone. Sale came after your transaction? Tough luck, take it like a man and move along.

Bold part - "fool me once - shame on you. Fool me twice - shame on me". Does it ring a bell?

We also expect the same sale at the very least if not on slightly better due to the  LONG LONG WAIT we have experienced here.

Another hiding behind "we" argument to sound more important. On top of special treatment because delay. Sigh...

So perhaps maybe you should considering this when posting promises you cant keep for players who are spending money to keep you in business. It is after all how you pay your staff. I would consider this when telling players who spend money on this game to keep you all employed. WE TENNO are waiting

Or perhaps maybe you should stop for a while, take a deep breath and actually think for a while before rage posting? Do you know how console sale development process looks like? Do you know who and how has to be informed? What procedures has to be performed for the sale to occur? Have you thought that problem with console sale may be somewhere OUTSIDE the DEVs? Have you tried to take a bit broader look at the whole problem?

I thought so...

People these days lack of patience. Truly. 

I suggest you fix it this week. 

Or what?

Ok, DEVs failed in that regard, sale got delayed. Now it's fixed, you can enjoy it.

Reimbursement for delay - totally for DEVs to decide. They don't care if your feelings were hurt. And you have it all wrong. It is not you who pay their salary. Your idea "I pay therefore I demand" is totally delusional. I'll be blunt here:

DEVs made Warframe and they allow you to play it. And they sell you some privileges, for a price. Rules on how they do that are totally up to them.

Don't agree with that - 3 options for you:

- shut up and accept, continue as usual

- be upset, vote with your wallet and leave / stop buying plat

- git gud, get yourself employed as a Warframe DEV, change system from inside.

Or you can rage post and instead of constructive criticism you can whine (useless and no one cares) and threat (empty threats are laughable), seriously - what can you do?. 

Friendly advice, if you go to buy something that you believe is on sale without seeing any display of the on sale price, don't buy it. PSN has always been consistent in displaying both the normal price and on sale price of something you're purchasing if it's on sale. Warframe market does the same with in game coupons. We've never had any reason to assume a sale was occurring if we didn't see the sale price. I sincerely don't understand the gripe of people who bought something that at the store wasn't shown to be on sale, when they should have more simply assumed there's something wrong with the advertisement and what's displayed in the store. I do hope Sony is generous enough to compensate you in some form, since it was their fault that the sale ended early, but seriously you all clearly saw no sale price was displayed. You should have just not bought and spoken to DE.  

3 minutes ago, (PS4)mrwiggles2k3 said:

Friendly advice, if you go to buy something that you believe is on sale without seeing any display of the on sale price, don't buy it. PSN has always been consistent in displaying both the normal price and on sale price of something you're purchasing if it's on sale. Warframe market does the same with in game coupons. We've never had any reason to assume a sale was occurring if we didn't see the sale price. I sincerely don't understand the gripe of people who bought something that at the store wasn't shown to be on sale, when they should have more simply assumed there's something wrong with the advertisement and what's displayed in the store. I do hope Sony is generous enough to compensate you in some form, since it was their fault that the sale ended early, but seriously you all clearly saw no sale price was displayed. You should have just not bought and spoken to DE.  

H0mTkqp.gif

(Because this cannot be stressed enough.)

9 hours ago, (PS4)Megagold_Fighter said:

If you guys are willing to pay full price for plat, then obviously you didn't need the discount did you?   It's not like you go to pet store to buy a puppy and then put the rest of the litter on sale and you go back to demand a discount.  Who does that??

That's not the logic being applied. It's like going to a grocery store and buying food with coupons. To later realize you didn't get your discount because the register messed up.

Edited by (PS4)mystifix
Spelling

2 hours ago, (PS4)mrwiggles2k3 said:

I had never bought Platinum in Warframe, and never even knew about the discount. So, when I've read it, I thought it was time to buy something - loving the game. So, I saw - 370 plat for 20 bucks. Should be 740? Or were the 370 already doubled? I thought that or 370 was doubled, or I would get it as soon as got in-game. My fault? Of course, but could've been clearer :/

27 minutes ago, (PS4)khelegondz said:

I had never bought Platinum in Warframe, and never even knew about the discount. So, when I've read it, I thought it was time to buy something - loving the game. So, I saw - 370 plat for 20 bucks. Should be 740? Or were the 370 already doubled? I thought that or 370 was doubled, or I would get it as soon as got in-game. My fault? Of course, but could've been clearer :/

PSN store ALWAYS 100% of the time shows discount markdowns.

This whole ignorance excuse isn't gonna fly, sorry. You have no argument beyond you weren't paying attention, and that's entirely on you.

This isn't just directed at you, but to everyone who's talking about it like it's DEs fault they didn't pay attention.

Edited by (PS4)Vagnar

2 hours ago, (PS4)Vagnar said:

PSN store ALWAYS 100% of the time shows discount markdowns.

This whole ignorance excuse isn't gonna fly, sorry. You have no argument beyond you weren't paying attention, and that's entirely on you.

This isn't just directed at you, but to everyone who's talking about it like it's DEs fault they didn't pay attention.

You can’t deny it was very misleading that during the sale the News section on the ship kept displaying “Plat Is Up to 50% Off” I’m not trying to justify the players that didn’t pay attention to the PSN pricing but there was nothing in game warning about the sale miscommunication. Only forum users were informed 

Here is what I dont get. If you dont have a problem why are you on this forum? I am not trying to be rude or disrespectful, but this forum is for people who are having the problem. Why go and pick arguments with people who have no problem with you. The DEV team are not babies who can not speak for themselves. You may not agree with the people that feel the DEV team is wrong in this case, but you are only making things worst. This is not a forum for people that do not have a platinum issue. Go play and enjoy the game and let people who do have a problem talk to the DEV team.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Kamui203 said:

Here is what I dont get. If you dont have a problem why are you on this forum? 

Because the purpose of a forum is to have discussions. Discussions are usually done when two (or more) people gather together to dialogue about opposing viewpoints. People have expressed a problem with a particular issue. Others have addressed the underlying fault with the problem of that particular issue. Threads aren't created for people to just agree with one another in. That would be the exact opposite of what a forum is for.

56 minutes ago, (PS4)thegodofwar12345 said:

You can’t deny it was very misleading that during the sale the News section on the ship kept displaying “Plat Is Up to 50% Off” I’m not trying to justify the players that didn’t pay attention to the PSN pricing but there was nothing in game warning about the sale miscommunication. Only forum users were informed 

I fully agree this whole situation was unfortunate. We didn't want it, DE didn't want it, and it occured at a bad time of year.

That said, people need to accept that and stop making accusations. There was no sale price indicators on the PSN store, which tipped off the vast majority of us something went wrong. We all have internet access and most of us have clans/alliances with people who are knowledgeable. Their decision to see the lack of a sale price, do no homework, and make the purchase anyway is 100% their decision. No one else is accountable for that part.

DE owned up to their part over the holidays and fixed it when they came back to the office. That's fair enough.

So what about those of us who purchased platinum during the time frame and didnt get the discount are we just sol and you guys made of with our extra money are we getting the platinum credited to our account in the amount we should have got with the discount?? i mean we all work hard for our money. i mean you seem pretty excited like you rectified the problem with just getting an extension for us to buy more at a discounted price and left the ones who spent our money during the first sale no choice but to either miss out entirely or purchase more platinum just for the discount.

Yes you are correct. 1 party being customers that are having problems and the second party being the DEV team. If what you say is correct it would mean you go to topic where customers are having problems just to mess with them. There is a general discussion forum where you could just about whatever, but you choose to go to problematic forum that really have nothing to do with you. I mean what are you really even doing here. Are you only here cause you are bored and what to troll customers that are having issues. People like yourself are here just to disagree with customers. The DEV team messed up. People who purchased platinum last weekend were scammed. Do you see how they didnt take down the ad for 50% off platinum even though they addressed that it needed to be fixed. They should have took down the ad or changed the dates. They could have even said "If you want the discounted platinum wait till dec 10th because any platinum now will be at normal price." They cant blame Sony for their FALSE ADVERTISEMENT because it was on their own website even though they knew it wasnt working. If you go into a store to go buy a item they you seen in the paper that said it was on sale and then go to the store get the item and go to buy it and they ring it up at full price then you tell them its on sale in the paper they will give it to you at sale price

1 hour ago, (PS4)Kamui203 said:

Yes you are correct. 1 party being customers that are having problems and the second party being the DEV team. If what you say is correct it would mean you go to topic where customers are having problems just to mess with them. There is a general discussion forum where you could just about whatever, but you choose to go to problematic forum that really have nothing to do with you. I mean what are you really even doing here. Are you only here cause you are bored and what to troll customers that are having issues. People like yourself are here just to disagree with customers. The DEV team messed up. People who purchased platinum last weekend were scammed. Do you see how they didnt take down the ad for 50% off platinum even though they addressed that it needed to be fixed. They should have took down the ad or changed the dates. They could have even said "If you want the discounted platinum wait till dec 10th because any platinum now will be at normal price." They cant blame Sony for their FALSE ADVERTISEMENT because it was on their own website even though they knew it wasnt working. If you go into a store to go buy a item they you seen in the paper that said it was on sale and then go to the store get the item and go to buy it and they ring it up at full price then you tell them its on sale in the paper they will give it to you at sale price

I see what you're saying, but at the same time DE wasn't in the shop to fix the issue with advertising. I for one am not quite buying the line they gave us . Why did the sale only end early in the Americas? 

I know traditionally the profit margins on console's are garbage because of the fee's paid to manufacture's. Plus I think DE was worried the market would get flooded with plat , taking away some of their revenue stream from sales from farming etc . 

On the flip side though even if DE was completely honest, people would still tear them a new one . My advice, play on PC, DE's system of choice. 

They claim it was a mistake on sony part which i believe was a lie because sony had a lot of deals going on and Sony just happen to shut their deal down. Yea okay that sound believable. See that is why i say they are scammers because they kept advertising it when they knew it was a lie. That is why i say False advertisement. Even on their own site that they have full control over.

6 hours ago, (PS4)Kamui203 said:

They claim it was a mistake on sony part which i believe was a lie because sony had a lot of deals going on and Sony just happen to shut their deal down. Yea okay that sound believable. See that is why i say they are scammers because they kept advertising it when they knew it was a lie. That is why i say False advertisement. Even on their own site that they have full control over.

Do you not understand that even when they are in office it takes around a week for their changes to go through Sony? Do you realize that they were all on holiday until the 2nd if January? And when they got back on the 3rd they responded and on the 10th it was back up and running? 

10 hours ago, (PS4)Kamui203 said:

If this is the case, Xbox users like myself would have suffered as well. Microsoft also had winter deals going on at the time and their Platinum Sale went smoothly. The logical conclusion, then, is that the fault lies with Sony.The fact that they didn't pull the advertisement is on them. Sony was paid to place that ad and they refused to pull the ad once DE realized that something went wrong. The real problem is that some of the people complaining likely didn't pay attention and are here asking for Platinum that they believe is owed to them.