The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag's Magnetize

.donatello

Question

4 answers to this question

Im a newb but the only issue im aware of is that it sucks in any bullets that try to pass through it.   So people cant shoot through it which can be a pain in the butt sometimes, its really only good for dooways/bosses.    Your other three powers all dish out nice damage to so there isnt much reason to use magnetize except in certain situations.  

I hate bubbles heh.  

I assume they're protesting not doing the damage themselves.

Magnetize will absorb incoming damage and direct those shot to the magnetized target. If that target is dead the damage is simply absorbed. The Absorbed damage is added into the damage ticks that Magnetize itself does over time to other enemies including the primary target. Damage stacked during that period is then added to the explosion damage as Blast. I'm not 100% on the damage type of the damage ticks. Honestly it's so high that I never though it mattered.

Depending on the weapon a player is using Magnetize can reduce that weapon's performance due to many quirks Magnetize has. It does not account for critical hits and it does not absorb damage from multi pellet attacks beyond one of the multiple pellets used if the weapon is hit-scan.This includes multishot and hit-scan shotguns.  It does not absorb most explosions if the projectile of the weapon strikes the bubble first. ie Tonkor.

Magnetize really only functions properly using non-crit, non-hit-scan weapons but there's a few exceptions. Because of it's limitations it can be a very restrictive but still very powerful ability.  Most player's think they're breaking Magnetize by using something like Mara Detron or Lank but really it's that Magnetize works properly with those weapons and not others. Punch-Through of course does have added value on it's own but that's that exclusive to those weapons.

So yes, they're doing less damage if they shoot Magnetize but the group as a whole is often doing more. Depends on the weapons being used though. Mag effectively robs other players of damage output and amplifies it to herself. Some don't mind, some hate it.

30 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

So yes, they're doing less damage if they shoot Magnetize but the group as a whole is often doing more. Depends on the weapons being used though. Mag effectively robs other players of damage output and amplifies it to herself. Some don't mind, some hate it.

Thanks! That's what I thought was going on. A clan mate said the same. I just started using her. I thought the idea of an ability being faction dependent was a bit odd.
I just quit using it to please them until I was 100% sure.

40 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Im a newb but the only issue im aware of is that it sucks in any bullets that try to pass through it.   So people cant shoot through it which can be a pain in the butt sometimes, its really only good for dooways/bosses.    Your other three powers all dish out nice damage to so there isnt much reason to use magnetize except in certain situations.  

I hate bubbles heh.  

Yeh, someone in alliance chat said the same. More of an annoyance because you can't shoot behind it. But it is blocking damage from the other side plus adding to the enemy damaging themselves and allies.