Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon Problems

ACULonSeer

Looking at Oberon and knowing his abilities, i kinda expected him to be like a more passive version of Rhino. However, i quickly realized that he seemed to have no armor at rank 0 because i was consistently getting offed on Mars alerts. Im normally fine with glass-cannon frames like Ember and Banshee because theyre fast enough to run away when theyre outgunned. However, Oberon not only seems to be as defensive as a jellyfish, but also as slow as one. As of right now i have him at rank ~10 but im still not comfortable taking him anywhere near Europa due to his seeming lack of any defense. Does he become more tanky later on? If not, how should i mod him so he can be more defensive?

Oberon is definitely a Jack of All Trades Warframe, however, it is important to keep in mind that he's a master of none.

Oberon can be used as a dps, cc, tank, or support. Like Frost, you can build him towards any of these. Unlike Frost, he doesn't have many defense abilities. This is where renewal comes in. With Flow and Continuity, you can heal yourself and allies passively with Renewal activated. Additionally, Intensity and other power strength mods can heal you faster (but imo, I prefer slower, but prolonged healing)

If healing seems to boring or doesn't fit your fancy, try building around hallowed ground. Continuity and Intensity can help do massive cc-ing while also giving the chance to add a radiation proc to enemies. This will help draw fire away from you and towards their (former) allies.

As for ability mods, Smite Infusion is good for making a more supportive build, don't bother with his reckoning or hallowed ground mods, and Phoenix Renewal basically gives both you and allies free revives every 90s.

I'm not the best oberon, but this will surely help.

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)BaconHunter111 said:

Oberon is definitely a Jack of All Trades Warframe, however, it is important to keep in mind that he's a master of none.

Oberon can be used as a dps, cc, tank, or support. Like Frost, you can build him towards any of these. Unlike Frost, he doesn't have many defense abilities. This is where renewal comes in. With Flow and Continuity, you can heal yourself and allies passively with Renewal activated. Additionally, Intensity and other power strength mods can heal you faster (but imo, I prefer slower, but prolonged healing)

If healing seems to boring or doesn't fit your fancy, try building around hallowed ground. Continuity and Intensity can help do massive cc-ing while also giving the chance to add a radiation proc to enemies. This will help draw fire away from you and towards their (former) allies.

As for ability mods, Smite Infusion is good for making a more supportive build, don't bother with his reckoning or hallowed ground mods, and Phoenix Renewal basically gives both you and allies free revives every 90s.

I'm not the best oberon, but this will surely help.

the Continuity mod is the kicker here. Ive only found a damaged version. Where the heck do you get it?

il y a 1 minute, ACULonSeer a dit :

Well, i wanna be a bit more involved than that. 

*Sigh* Alright,

Level it to 30 -> Powers grow stronger and bigger ->

Balance his mods towards Strength/duration and a bit of range whilst keeping a reasonable amount of energy. ( Either from Streamline, a teammate or the mod called Rage ) ->

Press 3 at some point and keep it on to keep you alive at all time while you tank all the damage head on ( This ability also applies to your teammates ),

press 2 to Radiate enemies and  then 4 to drop their armor significantly ( As they stand on the shiny hallowed ground ), in which case the enemies will be confused, weakened and laying on the floor, meaning you'll be :
1- Tanky as hell.
2- Dealing a lot of damage.
3- Not being shot at.

If you have an augment for Hallowed ground you may Press 2 twice to nuke that entire area and deal great amount of damage depending on your understanding of the power..

Just now, ACULonSeer said:

the Continuity mod is the kicker here. Ive only found a damaged version. Where the heck do you get it?

(This is a little embarassing but I still don't have continuity either) Go to the defense mission that you can unlock through the europa-void path (its the easiest void defense, I forget it's name) and it drops during rotation C, so every 15 waves i think. But I'm using damaged continuity right now and I'm still surviving vay hek sortie assassinations (bless power drift)

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)BaconHunter111 said:

(This is a little embarassing but I still don't have continuity either) Go to the defense mission that you can unlock through the europa-void path (its the easiest void defense, I forget it's name) and it drops during rotation C, so every 15 waves i think. But I'm using damaged continuity right now and I'm still surviving vay hek sortie assassinations (bless power drift)

But is a damaged one really worth the mod slot though? 

1 minute ago, ACULonSeer said:

But is a damaged one really worth the mod slot though? 

Yes and no

On its own, it shows significant damage, but falls short during sorties when not paired with other mods that increase power strength (such as power drift)

For the perfect build, finding a non-damaged Continuity should be priority number 1. Number 2 would be putting aside a reactor.

To make Oberon tankier:

• Build tons of health, decent Armor, Duration, some Strength and maybe some range.
  • Standing on Hallowed Ground helps Oberon survive. It also confuses enemies and takes some of the pressure off him.
  • Renewal will constantly heal you, just make sure you toggle it off when it's not needed, so you save energy.
  • Activating Renewal and standing on Hallowed Ground will buff your Armor, moddable with Strength. Leaving Hallowed Ground and/or turning off Renewal, the Armor buff stays with you for a time.
  • Using Rage or Hunter's Adrenaline is pretty much a must for high-level content, allowing Oberon to keep a healing/energy-restore loop up between the mod and Renewal. Rage is fairly rare and Hunter's Adrenaline is event-exclusive. Hwever, the event that dropped Adrenaline was recent and the mod was common, so if you don't have it, it should be pretty easy to trade for.

17 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

To make Oberon tankier:

• Build tons of health, decent Armor, Duration, some Strength and maybe some range.
  • Standing on Hallowed Ground helps Oberon survive. It also confuses enemies and takes some of the pressure off him.
  • Renewal will constantly heal you, just make sure you toggle it off when it's not needed, so you save energy.
  • Activating Renewal and standing on Hallowed Ground will buff your Armor, moddable with Strength. Leaving Hallowed Ground and/or turning off Renewal, the Armor buff stays with you for a time.
  • Using Rage or Hunter's Adrenaline is pretty much a must for high-level content, allowing Oberon to keep a healing/energy-restore loop up between the mod and Renewal. Rage is fairly rare and Hunter's Adrenaline is event-exclusive. Hwever, the event that dropped Adrenaline was recent and the mod was common, so if you don't have it, it should be pretty easy to trade for.

I didnt realize Renewal was a toggled ability the first time, i thought it was just an instant heal, so i was standing there wondering why my energy was still going down even after i was full health XD

13 hours ago, (PS4)XxDarkyanxX said:

*Sigh* Alright,

Level it to 30 -> Powers grow stronger and bigger ->

Balance his mods towards Strength/duration and a bit of range whilst keeping a reasonable amount of energy. ( Either from Streamline, a teammate or the mod called Rage ) ->

Press 3 at some point and keep it on to keep you alive at all time while you tank all the damage head on ( This ability also applies to your teammates ),

press 2 to Radiate enemies and  then 4 to drop their armor significantly ( As they stand on the shiny hallowed ground ), in which case the enemies will be confused, weakened and laying on the floor, meaning you'll be :
1- Tanky as hell.
2- Dealing a lot of damage.
3- Not being shot at.

If you have an augment for Hallowed ground you may Press 2 twice to nuke that entire area and deal great amount of damage depending on your understanding of the power..

4- Out of energy since you're only running streamline for efficiency. You'll never cast 2-4 while healing a full squad of necros minions.

And the hallowed ground augment at 299% power strength has a maximum damage of 26k. Which stands regardless of you needing to be able to cast it twice with the abysmal energy cost that comes with 299% pwr. So regardless of your 'understanding of the power' it is useless to take the augment for any real content. Also the +100% radiation chance is actually 100% of the base 15% chance so.... 30%. But that's probably a bug that won't be fixed because it still won't make the augment useful.

Edited by SirWranwrap

14 hours ago, ACULonSeer said:

Looking at Oberon and knowing his abilities, i kinda expected him to be like a more passive version of Rhino. However, i quickly realized that he seemed to have no armor at rank 0 because i was consistently getting offed on Mars alerts. Im normally fine with glass-cannon frames like Ember and Banshee because theyre fast enough to run away when theyre outgunned. However, Oberon not only seems to be as defensive as a jellyfish, but also as slow as one. As of right now i have him at rank ~10 but im still not comfortable taking him anywhere near Europa due to his seeming lack of any defense. Does he become more tanky later on? If not, how should i mod him so he can be more defensive?

Oberon is a MUCH more fun Rhino.  He gets AoE, knock down, CC, good damage, self and group healing, armor buffs, and no, hes not slow lol. 

As for how to mod him, I personally run him with 254% Power str and Rage, taking advantage of his maintained self heal and the damage I take to my health with rage, transferring that damage into energy to maintain the heal. 

So long as I dont get hit by to much to quick, hes just fine. 

Im sure there are better ways to play him, but thats how I do it.  He quickly became my personal favorite frame, even over my Rhino P.

But yeah, stock and not maxed out, Oberon is kinda weak.  His rework made him much nicer though.  Carpet for damage, buffs and some area denial.  His bolt for single target knockdown and area damage, his 4 for AoE knockdown and more area damage.  Combine his carpet and his 4 with a Corrosive projection for lol no armor on the enemy.  Hes an Anti-Grineer frame for sure. 

Edited by KnightCole

12 hours ago, ACULonSeer said:

I didnt realize Renewal was a toggled ability the first time, i thought it was just an instant heal, so i was standing there wondering why my energy was still going down even after i was full health XD

Oberon is in a fantastic place and has a lot of options on how you can play him. I would as well consider him just under Chroma tanky if built that way. 

For a newer user of Oberon I would strongly suggest your build uses Vitality + Rage and maybe Quickthinking. I would also put continuity / narrow minded for duration and Streamline for efficiency. The last 2-3 mods is up to you. Prolly Stretch to counter some of the range hit, intensify to make your heal over time stronger.

With that said, narror minded will put a hit on range, but to get started your range won't be that important; because when you cast hallowed ground followed by renew, it will put an armor buff and continuous healing for you and anyone that passes through the area you cast it at. This buff / heal is permanent regardless of where anyone runs on the map and not affected by range.
-This is only lost if you turn off renew and then you start over. So eg on POE, you could technically heal the party even if they are on opposite ends of the map.
-sometime you may want to play more selfish when energy is really low, so turn it on only for yourself to keep that healing up.
-keeping the healing on during all combat time is key, as this will push your survivability through the rough.
-Duration and efficiency both affect the heals efficiency. 
-learn to Rage, as in allowing enemies to hit you with health damage so you can regen energy. Your constant heal will let you to just stand there a take hit after hit to fill your energy bar. A good team Oberon who is healing / buffing the team can keep this up indefinitely, and it makes a huge difference in team survivability especially in PuGs where other players are constantly out of your affinity range.

If enemies are starting to do more health damage than your HoT can handle, you can compensate this with melee weapon that has life strike or the other mod which name escapes me that heals you flat health per hit. Your sentinel with healing mod. And ultimately but takes awareness to use right, add more power str to your frame at the cost of efficiency. This will make your HoT much much stronger, allowing you to take heavier beatings. Trick is to manage your energy via Raging / energy pickup. (thats the only way to get energy while the heal is active)

There is other builds you can tweak him for, like going larger on range, a bit of duration and efficiency to be a CC monster and lock down the map because they keep getting body slammed over and over. Then you get the rad proc on top of that so after then get slammed like a dime store cra... err losing wrestler, they are to confused to figure out what they are doing.

Once you get that basic of the heal over time working for you, Oberon opens up to a strong amount of possibilities to how you want to build him.
Hope this helps.

16 minutes ago, KnightCole said:

Oberon is a MUCH more fun Rhino.  He gets AoE, knock down, CC, good damage, self and group healing, armor buffs, and no, hes not slow lol. 

As for how to mod him, I personally run him with 254% Power str and Rage, taking advantage of his maintained self heal and the damage I take to my health with rage, transferring that damage into energy to maintain the heal. 

So long as I dont get hit by to much to quick, hes just fine. 

Im sure there are better ways to play him, but thats how I do it.  He quickly became my personal favorite frame, even over my Rhino P.

But yeah, stock and not maxed out, Oberon is kinda weak.  His rework made him much nicer though.  Carpet for damage, buffs and some area denial.  His bolt for single target knockdown and area damage, his 4 for AoE knockdown and more area damage.  Combine his carpet and his 4 with a Corrosive projection for lol no armor on the enemy.  Hes an Anti-Grineer frame for sure. 

Now, if only Oberon had more Tennogen skins i could definitely consider using him as much as Valkyr and my other frames. I guess people dont like making skins for Oberon :c

7 minutes ago, ACULonSeer said:

Now, if only Oberon had more Tennogen skins i could definitely consider using him as much as Valkyr and my other frames. I guess people dont like making skins for Oberon :c

I think that is due to his low popularity and bad rap from prior. Hard to sell a skin for him if no one uses him. 

But now after the rework,  I think people are just starting to realize how good he is.  He isn't just a jack of all trades,  those abilities are all pretty strong in thier own right and have pretty good synergy. 

So I imagine we will start to see much more interest in skins created for him. 

16 minutes ago, ACULonSeer said:

I personally have no issue with his skins now.  I run Oberon P with just his defualt skin, I think it looks cool.  I just wish he had the shoulder plates from the default Oberon, then he would look totally boss.

7 minutes ago, KnightCole said:

I personally have no issue with his skins now.  I run Oberon P with just his defualt skin, I think it looks cool.  I just wish he had the shoulder plates from the default Oberon, then he would look totally boss.

Im trying to make mine look like a Wendigo using his deer alt helm. Unfortunately he kinda needs to be as skinny as Inaros to really pull off the look, which makes this rather annoying. If you have his deluxe skin, could you test it with the Oryx helm to see how it looks? 

Oberon's a very strong warframe, especially after his recent rework. This build is what I consider to be a general purpose cookie cutter build. It uses several harder-to-acquire mods though.

Aura: Growing Power - Exilus: Cunning Drift

1. Blind Rage (I personally have it at Rank 8) | 2. Energy conversion | 3. Primed Flow (I only have Rank 8 due to cheapness)
4. Vitality | 5. Primed Continuity | 6. Rage | 7. Phoenix Renewal | 8. Streamline

Gear: Decaying Dragon Key

End result: 30 second Hallowed Ground (standard range is more than enough, just make sure to cast both forwards and behind), Renewal gives 103 hp/s regen and over 500 armour bonus (Oberon Prime has 225 armour so this puts him well over 700 armour), effectively double health with a 5 second invulnerability period in the middle with a cooldown period of 90 seconds, over 600 energy pool (which combined with Rage, Phoenix Renewal and insane damage reduction / health regen, and almost no shields from the key means that tanking health damage for energy makes energy very plentiful). You have loads of energy to work with with this build such that nothing feels too expensive because you're constantly being topped up, and your entire team will be nearly as tanky as you are.

Several casts of Hallowed Ground keep the danger of high level DoT procs down and keeps people from being knocked around too much, and tends to keep enemies irradiated at all times, making it a very effective bootleg Chaos. Reckoning's got decent base range and is a perfect panic button, and combined with territory from Hallowed Ground keeps the threat of armoured enemies at higher levels significantly lowered in public sessions since when you're fully topped up, two reckonings will only take something like a little more than a third of your energy pool to cast.

Every ability causing radiation procs means that Oberon's also a good pick against Infested, seeing as radiation procs will sever the link to Ancient auras, reducing the threat to energy from enemies just sapping energy with each hit, also significantly reducing tankiness of enemies around an Ancient Healer and the insane shield-ignoring damage boost from a Toxic Ancient that it offers to nearby enemies (also the gas damage resistance it offers to the mooks that are normally weak to it).

Edited by Ardhanarishvara

Am 11.12.2017 um 04:49 schrieb ACULonSeer:

Does he become more tanky later on?

A high strength build, irrelevant of his efficiency brings his prime close to Inaros armor rating on better life regeneration while beein fully affordable.

Rage (or preferably hunter adrenaline), (Primed) Flow and Quick thinking can multiply that pool and regeneration even further. Hallowed ground and smite become ridiculous damage on those stats and reckoning is still able to break the QT stagger even on negative efficiency...QT not yours? There's also phönix renewal that affects the whole squad.

His tank setup is all about the mods you put on him so yeah, he gets better, MUCH better later on.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Oberon's main problems are that he's locked in a state of wanting to be a pseudo-tank, as rage is what will give him most of his energy regen in a Renewal-focused build, but his entire concept focuses on radiation, which means enemies shouldn't even be shooting at you much in the first place. His 2 isn't a full circle by default, so until you have 235% ability range, it doesn't even properly work with his 3 and 4, both of which are full circles that require their targets to be on the 2's ground in order to get their full effects.

In terms of support he provides to the team, he's incredibly good - permanent armor stripping in one or two casts, Hallowed Ground creates a long duration field that can keep enemies almost perpetually afflicted radiation (thus exponentially improving your team's survivability), infinite range healing. His main issues are that his 1 just doesn't work with the rest of his kit and is completely out of place with its current implementation, his 2 isn't a full circle by default and doesn't let you effectively track the time of all four instances of it (as you're only shown the most recent ground's duration), and his 3 has a default range for no reason other than when you're initially catching people in its radius.

I've actually made some suggestions here (it has a TL;DR, don't worry) - it gives options for how he can be tweaked or improved, as any of these changes would make his viability far better when compared to the 'specialists' who can do each of his roles. Most of the changes involve some form of light scaling that comes from you playing him with your radiation-focus in mind, and specifically targets the aspects of his kit that have synergy issues with the rest of his kit in high level content (which is what generally defined frame viability for most people).

Edited by Cameron_Hall

The only problem I've found is how Renewal can be picked up by a Nekros player's Shadows - which should never be a thing.

Other than that, Oberon's a very useful support tank with the right mods, and a few helpful players have provided some great build examples.

Me, I run an Oberon Prime with Power Drift, Blind Rage, Stretch, Primed Continuity, Hunter Adrenaline (Rage can also work), Steel Fiber (maxed) and Vitality - and a Decaying Key. I also have Gladiator Aegis (for a little extra armor) and Streamline (to negate the high energy cost imposed by Blind Rage). Pretty tanky and still able to deal a fair bit of area denial, damage and heals for the team, so long as there's sufficient incoming fire to keep me fueled.

Edited by MirageKnight

All I have to add to what others have said is this:

OP, it's very much in your best interest to withhold your analysis of a frame until you have leveled it to rank 30, at least. I recommend a potato, exilus adapter, and maybe another 5 hours of playtime after leveling it again, too.