Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition for Auction house.

(PSN)Earth_RickC-137

In my opinion, I don't think that an Auction House is needed in this game. Trading is as it should be: Inconvenient at best.I rather DE spend ressources on fixing other more important matters first

having said that I would not complain if there was one.

so no I'm not signing this petition. 

15 hours ago, (PS4)Earth_RickC-137 said:

I don't know how it is on PC but i can tell you now that on ps4 the market's already crashed. There's more items than buyers, especially where riven mods are concerned. This is why the conversation has seemed to drift closer to a riven specific automated market system than a general auction house. If anything, implementing at least a place to post a riven and a price and browse all the rivens that are being sold at one's own leisure rather than staring at a box of text moving faster than even some filters can control would, if anything, help to stabilise that particular market. And again, ease the traffic a bit on trade chat. You know, so people actually get to see the other stuff you're selling.

There are chat filters but I can agree that a riven only auction house might work.  Rivens need too many other fixes first though.  Locking certain stats, riven transmutation, and kuva returns for dissolving rivens all need to be implemented.

On PC, the market for prime parts is somewhat stable though down significantly from the old tower system.  

I will echo my agreement that trade needs to be streamlined and a true in game player economy be implemented. I don't believe an auction will lead to a breaking of the game. Because the main reason auction houses do that is because most devs don't try to make a balance between item acquisition and trade-ability. So once people figure out the exploits they are never fixed and the entire game devolves to just gold and auction farming.

The truth is DE has a huge problem tweaking drop rates and there are clear examples across the game of items being harder to get but aren't worth the effort and items too easy to acquire which are OP. An auction house would expose these imbalances and unless DE put resources constantly tweaking drop rates so it doesn't break the economy then most people fears will be realized. However, this shouldn't be an excuse to allow trade chat being the way it is or DE not improving the game. And I will enter my opinion that instead of working on Pointlessly Open and Empty they could have reworked the entire in game economy and created an end game with existing content.

One of the ways to improve the economy and provide an end game is to switch to a more player driven economic system. Putting players in charge of building and selling all items in the game creates an environment where players have more stake in their involvement and give a sense of accomplishment that doesn't require unique new content all the time. A perfect example of a game like Warframe which demonstrates this is Eve Online. Some EVE players don't even play the core game and instead focus strictly on playing the in game economic system. Now I don't advocate copying everything about the EVE economic system, though honestly it woudln't be too hard to allow clans to operate stores and manufacturing facilities and become the industrial and commercial centers of the game.

But what would be required would be a complete rework of items in the game. All the weapons and frames would need to be balanced and extremely tweaked to make sure no few sets of items dominate the game. This is the biggest challenge which is holding back the development of the game overall, as in my observation as a long time player DE puts very little thought or planning about how items compare to the rest of the game when introduced.

The potential is there, and I realized the solution would be as simple as evening out all weapon types so that no one weapon of any given type is inherently better or worse. Because the specialization comes from mods and forma. So for example instead of just using a Soma as one of the top machine guns in the game, all machine guns have the same base stats, and its your mods and forma that determines the real power of the weapon. So you could take any weapon in the game and build it to perform in any way you want, within limits based upon it's weapon type. So with the right mods you could make a machine gun high crit or high proc or just do higher DPS depending on your taste or situation. So you like that Karak Machine gun but hate it isn't end level capable? With this system you can make your Frame truly look any way you want and still be as effective as you want. Since Fashionframe is a thing this would lead to the potential of truly unique looking frames.

This would allow more weapons to be viable longer in the game and break out cosmetics from performance without making any one weapon or item OP over any other. All that would be required is figuring out the base stats for each weapon's type and then they could just release more weapons to flesh out those categories which are lacking (more claw weapons, nun-chucks, grenade launchers, beam weapons, etc.) without having to figure out stats for each item. It also allows them to release future content without concern that it will break the game.  It would actually simplify this type of content; as you only have to balance the weapon TYPE and not concern yourself with individual examples. And you can place weapons behind MR but fundamentally people can use whatever they want for purely aesthetic reasons, but still leave that carrot to move up in MR because it opens up more cosmetic options.

Then allowing clans to craft and sell weapons and items would not break the game, give an incentive for veteran players to keep playing, and create a system where players take control and DE doesn't have to curate it. They also invented crafting mechanics with POE, so they could take this a step further and allow clans to build cosmetically unique weapons, and release those cosmetic build contents as high MR Clan rewards to motivate vet players and bigger clans to keep playing the game. Once again these systems already exist in the game and just need to be adapted.

8 hours ago, (PS4)HurricaneHugo76 said:

The potential is there, and I realized the solution would be as simple as evening out all weapon types so that no one weapon of any given type is inherently better or worse. Because the specialization comes from mods and forma. So for example instead of just using a Soma as one of the top machine guns in the game, all machine guns have the same base stats, and its your mods and forma that determines the real power of the weapon. So you could take any weapon in the game and build it to perform in any way you want, within limits based upon it's weapon type. So with the right mods you could make a machine gun high crit or high proc or just do higher DPS depending on your taste or situation. So you like that Karak Machine gun but hate it isn't end level capable? With this system you can make your Frame truly look any way you want and still be as effective as you want. Since Fashionframe is a thing this would lead to the potential of truly unique looking frames.

The problem with proposals like that is that they cut down sales hardly.

For example lets say that every rifle is now evened out. All of them has near same base stats so after a little research i buy the "best" aka the one i prefer the most and never ever touch the others.

Our problem is that this game is partially rpg based what means that as the game progresses the new weapons will be better than the old ones. This wouldnt be a big problem if the mastery system wouldnt been soo inconsistent. We have semi high mr weapons soo bad no one wants to touch them and low mr weapons currently in the meta, there wouldnt be a problem here if the old ones could compete but not because everything is the same but because you got "better".

My proposal is a combined system using up dps calculation and mastery ranks to increase weapon stats.

For example lets take the skana. A starter weapon, almost entirely useless against any higher level content. With my system based on your mastery this sword would get +10 base damage increasing the total damage output by 240 when you hit mr24.

The same route could be taken on all weapons so when a player hit mr24 he doesnt see weapon comparsions like vaykor marelok vs tysis but numbers like +10 damage vs +5% status.

Before i derail this thread on the overall i agree with you the system is due to change and needs some fleshing out. The potential is there, now its up to DE.

12 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

The problem with proposals like that is that they cut down sales hardly.

For example lets say that every rifle is now evened out. All of them has near same base stats so after a little research i buy the "best" aka the one i prefer the most and never ever touch the others.

Our problem is that this game is partially rpg based what means that as the game progresses the new weapons will be better than the old ones. This wouldnt be a big problem if the mastery system wouldnt been soo inconsistent. We have semi high mr weapons soo bad no one wants to touch them and low mr weapons currently in the meta, there wouldnt be a problem here if the old ones could compete but not because everything is the same but because you got "better".

My proposal is a combined system using up dps calculation and mastery ranks to increase weapon stats.

For example lets take the skana. A starter weapon, almost entirely useless against any higher level content. With my system based on your mastery this sword would get +10 base damage increasing the total damage output by 240 when you hit mr24.

The same route could be taken on all weapons so when a player hit mr24 he doesnt see weapon comparsions like vaykor marelok vs tysis but numbers like +10 damage vs +5% status.

Before i derail this thread on the overall i agree with you the system is due to change and needs some fleshing out. The potential is there, now its up to DE.

But here's the thing; since all weapons of one type share the same base stats people will be unmotivated to pick one weapon over another solely on that. A Skana would be as powerful as any other sword based on it's base stats. It's when you start getting mods and using forma that you start to tailor the weapon based upon your needs and tastes. So you would still need to rank up because then you can make MR the threshold by which newer content is available to you; which means if you want to keep improving that skana you have to find mods and forma it, and that will require moving up in MR.  You will still need to build other weapons and level them for MR so you can open up more options on the existing weapon you already use or have access to different weapons of that type, and if at some point some other weapon catches your fancy you can switch over, install the same types of mods you already had on your skana, and keep playing, just now you have a different looking sword but it still operates the same exact way you always wanted it to.

Right now your looking at this type of system with the existing items and under the paradigm that weapons operate under. Even under your example you wanted to have weapons with better stats to be compared with. But my idea would eliminate this type of apples to apples comparison because any sword can be modified to have the same stats of any other sword. All it takes is MR rank and forma. This doesn't remove comparing or qualitative analysis of weapon; it just moves that conversation into the weapon types instead of individual weapons. And like I said what would make this type of system work is releasing even more weapons and items to fill out all the categories so they are a myriads of different weapon in a type to pick from, and for motivation you can still lock them behind MR. So a player can pick weapon types he likes and start developing his build and never has to worry that he doesn't have the most powerful HE CAN BUILD based upon whats available to him at the moment.

This still leaves plenty of room for time sinks; because now on top of finding weapon drops, mods and even using forma can be locked behind MR. This prevents munchkins and min maxers from exploiting the system on day one(like most do now). And lets not forget Fashionframe and the fact that people will grind if they see a weapon they like the look of. Except now they don't have to worry whether that weapon is effective or not or if that grind was a waste of time since they already know it's base stats and what that weapon is capable of and can transplant their current mod setup and keep playing.

Alot of this is already built into the game. I once heard a veteran player admit that most weapons in the game can be made to be more effective if you were willing to invest the forma in it and learn the most effective setup. Right now because of the base stats weapons are released with, the limitations are purely arbitrary, there's nothing in the game or in the way people play the game which would be negatively impacted if someone was using a skana in high level missions if they had to spend time and effort developing that weapon to keep it effective. I know alot of people will get mad because their special OP weapon will no longer be unique, but this doesn't stop you from still using that weapon and keeping the build you like. And like I said, this can be used to dramatically expand content without having to micromanage stats for every weapon.

Edited by (PS4)HurricaneHugo76

35 minutes ago, (PS4)HurricaneHugo76 said:

But here's the thing; since all weapons of one type share the same base stats people will be unmotivated to pick one weapon over another solely on that. A Skana would be as powerful as any other sword based on it's base stats. It's when you start getting mods and using forma that you start to tailor the weapon based upon your needs and tastes. So you would still need to rank up because then you can make MR the threshold by which newer content is available to you; which means if you want to keep improving that skana you have to find mods and forma it, and that will require moving up in MR.  You will still need to build other weapons and level them for MR so you can open up more options on the existing weapon you already use or have access to different weapons of that type, and if at some point some other weapon catches your fancy you can switch over, install the same types of mods you already had on your skana, and keep playing, just now you have a different looking sword but it still operates the same exact way you always wanted it to.

Right now your looking at this type of system with the existing items and under the paradigm that weapons operate under. Even under your example you wanted to have weapons with better stats to be compared with. But my idea would eliminate this type of apples to apples comparison because any sword can be modified to have the same stats of any other sword. All it takes is MR rank and forma. This doesn't remove comparing or qualitative analysis of weapon; it just moves that conversation into the weapon types instead of individual weapons. And like I said what would make this type of system work is releasing even more weapons and items to fill out all the categories so they are a myriads of different weapon in a type to pick from, and for motivation you can still lock them behind MR. So a player can pick weapon types he likes and start developing his build and never has to worry that he doesn't have the most powerful HE CAN BUILD based upon whats available to him at the moment.

This still leaves plenty of room for time sinks; because now on top of finding weapon drops, mods and even using forma can be locked behind MR. This prevents munchkins and min maxers from exploiting the system on day one(like most do now). And lets not forget Fashionframe and the fact that people will grind if they see a weapon they like the look of. Except now they don't have to worry whether that weapon is effective or not or if that grind was a waste of time since they already know it's base stats and what that weapon is capable of and can transplant their current mod setup and keep playing.

Alot of this is already built into the game. I once heard a veteran player admit that most weapons in the game can be made to be more effective if you were willing to invest the forma in it and learn the most effective setup. Right now because of the base stats weapons are released with, the limitations are purely arbitrary, there's nothing in the game or in the way people play the game which would be negatively impacted if someone was using a skana in high level missions if they had to spend time and effort developing that weapon to keep it effective. I know alot of people will get mad because their special OP weapon will no longer be unique, but this doesn't stop you from still using that weapon and keeping the build you like. And like I said, this can be used to dramatically expand content without having to micromanage stats for every weapon.

Wait a minute, let me get this clear.

In your system every weapon can be modified to have the same stats as another, but this still leaves up my point that why would you want to buy new weapons when yours already operate well enough?

Fashionframe is good, but its a dead end because its based on preferences. For example i only have 6 shotguns because they all granted me mastery points and most importantly they all had different stats. I wouldnt have build anything expect the Hek if every single one would be the same and in a fashionframe aspect i wouldnt spend cash to get something what just doesnt look as good. Even when i look at the mastery ranks, im already mr20 which means in your system i wouldnt buy anymore weapon because i pretty much have any mod i need and large stockpiles of potatoes and formas.

Why would i buy anything else than a set of all weapon types, it becomes pointless as fast as you get everything of each type.

Unless you set the mr rank on most stuff insanely high you will murder the economy because of the amount of people with high mr, while also creating a new wave of elitism which we already have enough.

Oh before i forgot to OP, where do i sign up for this? We really need an auction house.

3 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Wait a minute, let me get this clear.

In your system every weapon can be modified to have the same stats as another, but this still leaves up my point that why would you want to buy new weapons when yours already operate well enough?

Fashionframe is good, but its a dead end because its based on preferences. For example i only have 6 shotguns because they all granted me mastery points and most importantly they all had different stats. I wouldnt have build anything expect the Hek if every single one would be the same and in a fashionframe aspect i wouldnt spend cash to get something what just doesnt look as good. Even when i look at the mastery ranks, im already mr20 which means in your system i wouldnt buy anymore weapon because i pretty much have any mod i need and large stockpiles of potatoes and formas.

Why would i buy anything else than a set of all weapon types, it becomes pointless as fast as you get everything of each type.

Unless you set the mr rank on most stuff insanely high you will murder the economy because of the amount of people with high mr, while also creating a new wave of elitism which we already have enough.

Oh before i forgot to OP, where do i sign up for this? We really need an auction house.

Think of it as variations on a theme than individual items. So you like shotguns, you can still have 6 different weapons, only now instead of having to build around each individual weapon you can design specific weapons to have unique traits based upon that categories parameters, or have a slew of different looking shotguns which all share the same stats and traits. You could still use that Hek whenever you want to play for fun or show off, but there would be a framework where to keeping getting higher ranked mods and continuing to forma items you would have to move up in MR rank, and so there's a mechanism where you still have to build and level items for MR but you can chose how you want to look when you play. Yeah, once you get to the top on MR, you basically have a smorgasbord to pick and chose what weapon you want to use and how you want it work. But that's the incentive to reach High MR, and you would still have to build out that new item to make as effective as your current one. Then when they release new mods, new weapons in a category, you can pick and chose what you want to spent time building and developing and not worry that what you pick can never be as effective as whats out there. People do that now. Once you reach the higher ranks and most of the content is available for you people basically chose either what they like the look of or what is most effective based upon your resources(mods, forma, Endo, credits).  All this does for players is literally allow them to keep using the skana and never have to worry that it can never be used they way they want, and if something better looking comes along they have lost none of the investment they put into developing a weapon because that progression is tied to the WEAPON TYPE more than the specific weapon.

Let's use the skana as an example. Lets say the higher MR you are the more times you can forma a weapon. Let's also put in a rule saying you can't potato a weapon until you hit a certain MR rank. For argument sake lets keep it simple and say at MR 1 you can forma a weapon but not potato it, at MR2 you can put a potato on. Say you start with that skana, you forma it and put a potato. You hit MR3 and see the Dark Sword that you like even more that's available only at MR3. So now you buy that dark sword and have to level it up. My way of making this work would be you could still use your existing skana, go out and gain affinity that you can store like endo, and level that new sword in the background while you use your already developed skana. You can max rank it, forma it, and put a potato in the background and while still using your effective and maximized skana because you already gained those upgrade paths. You still have to grind, you still have to gain affinity, and you still have to develop the weapon, you can just use your existing weapon that has already been developed. Once it's on par with the skana, you swap it out and continue playing, nothing has changed in the background, but now you have a cooler looking sword(from your point of view).

Now you hear you get a new set of mods which improve sword attributes. Have a MR4 rank restriction on installing them. You grind through building another set of weapons with your dark sword, reach MR4 get the new mods and reconfigure your dark sword. But say you feel nostalgic one day and you want to whip out that old skana you remember fondly. Well, with a little bit of work, maybe even more forma, it's just as powerful as the Dark Sword is currently.  As you move up in MR more and more weapons become available, more higher tier mods are allowed to be installed, and the amount of forma allowed can be increased, and you can decide whether you switch over to a newer weapon because it looks cool or keep up with your existing setup and just use the other item as MR fodder. Hell, under this system MR leveling and weapon leveling can be separated entirely and you can just contribute affinity directly to your MR rank and don't even have to bother going through the whole process of building and leveling a weapon just for MR rank but still have to grind affinity. Focus works that way they could adapt MR to work the same way.

I feel this opens up possibilities than limits them, as the cosmetic and aesthetic parts of the weapon are no longer tied to that weapons inherent potential and you can pick and chose what you want based solely on appearance but still leaves a system that's just as complex and with even more customization and requires the same amount of effort to develop. I don't know about you but I tend to design frames based upon weapon themes, and having those weapons power and potential paired off from their looks would allow me to tailor a frame to look the way I want while still having to develop the stats to keep it effective. So instead of talking about which is the best sword in the game, we are talking about what are the most effective sword builds in general.  All the customization and specialization comes from the mods and from slot point developing. So the devs only have to worry about how the mods interact with the weapon type. This means when they release a mod or new weapon there is no danger that item will unbalance or break any single weapon as all weapons are affected equally.  This would require reworking how procs, crits, and damage types work in general, but mods is the heart of the game and where customization is so I don't think this is something that would be really hard to do. They are kinda 3/4 of the way there already.

And I'm sorry I went off on a tangent as this is a discussion about auction houses and not item developing. But normalizing the weapons across categories allows for a scenario where the auction house doesn't break the game because items are bought and sold based upon cosmetic desire and not on min/max op exploits. So the devs can release content, put in time sink restrictions on it, but have a system where people can take their effort in one grind and turn it in for an item that someone else spent time getting on their grind. People good at void relics farming can take that skill and trade for some other item with people who are good at syndicate farming. And this allows more complexity in farming as with these alternative paths of acquisition they can design farming techniques based on skill alone and not have to dumb down the game to make it generically accessible to everyone. Meaning people can invest time playing the game they like to play and can use the rewards for those efforts to get items they might not necessarily enjoy or are good at getting. That's why I feel a storefront is a better solution than auction house.

the first thing we need is a filter for the trade chat. just implement a text area where we put the things we're interested in, and use that to just hide every message that doesn't match.

it can be done very easily, be simple and powerful to use, and would make trading a hundred times better.

Edited by blaes

On 13/12/2017 at 2:19 AM, djternan said:

There are chat filters but I can agree that a riven only auction house might work.  Rivens need too many other fixes first though.  Locking certain stats, riven transmutation, and kuva returns for dissolving rivens all need to be implemented.

These are all things i would love to see. To be truly honest, after having seen some insight as to what people do and don't actually want, I do believe that a riven-specific auction house could work. Alas, like any suggestion in the gaming world there's always going to be a large number for and against. 

Maybe we can steer this away from general AH to Riven AH. Might more accepted and easier to work with.

1 minute ago, blaes said:

the first thing we need is a filter for the trade chat. just implement a text area where we put the things we're interested in, and use that to just hide every message that doesn't match.

it can be done very easily, be simple and powerful to use, and would make trading a hundred times better.

Ok well this CAN be done. The problem is that you have 3/4 of sellers out there bypassing your filters knowingly, shamelessly and being more of a part of the problem than they need to be. 

I.E: (Chat filter for "WTB" - i only want to see buyers.) "WTS [item][item][set][riven][riven][riven][riven] PMO if WTB"

^^^ This guy exists every second line. What's the point of my filter now? Nope now i have to change my filter so it excludes WTS enitrely. BUT this creates a new issue for me - the guy that does want to sell somthing, but instead of "pmo if wtb" at the end, he actually wants to buy something, say, growing power - i'd have sold him one of my 5 in reserve stock but i've missed his ad because I'm trying to reduce the god awful spam of people saying #$%^ your filter.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Earth_RickC-137 said:

Ok well this CAN be done. The problem is that you have 3/4 of sellers out there bypassing your filters knowingly, shamelessly and being more of a part of the problem than they need to be. 

I.E: (Chat filter for "WTB" - i only want to see buyers.) "WTS [item][item][set][riven][riven][riven][riven] PMO if WTB"

^^^ This guy exists every second line. What's the point of my filter now? Nope now i have to change my filter so it excludes WTS enitrely. BUT this creates a new issue for me - the guy that does want to sell somthing, but instead of "pmo if wtb" at the end, he actually wants to buy something, say, growing power - i'd have sold him one of my 5 in reserve stock but i've missed his ad because I'm trying to reduce the god awful spam of people saying #$%^ your filter.

I spent like an hour on trade chat last night. I used the filter and honestly it's not even remotely good enough as a solutions and it doesn't really help make trading easier.
Alot of people still don't link items, and linking is un-intuitive and spelling dependent. Plus if everyone did link and you used the filter you still be flooded and overwhelmed. And there is still that silly timer which only seems to stem the tide.

The easiest solution right now is to change trade chat to a trade bulletin board. People link items directly to their post from inventory with the details they want. So you got a Volt Prime Neuroptics you want to unload. You go to your inventory, find it, and there is an option there called "post item for sale" It opens up a communication interface where you see the link for that Volt Prime Neuro and you can put in your offer(plat, items you will accept in exchange, etc.) When you hit post you can specify how public you want to post(friends only, clan, your server region, all server regions). 

Now another player is looking for a Volt Prime Neuro. They go to the Trade channel, and can search for that Item. They look up Volt P Neuro in the item list and the game searches all the trade post looking for anyone who posted that item for sale. He finds my post and likes the terms I offered. There could be a "buy it now"option, or at minimum, you can message the player back saying your interested. But once contact is established the player and I can make our deal in private chat and arrange the exchange, either still in person or strictly over in game emails.

For simplicity and sanity sake I would say make the composition of posts automatically created based upon pre-defined parameters. IE I am selling ITEM X in exchange for ITEM Y, and only allow you to change what X and Y are from an item list and how many different types and quantities of items. You can offer multiple items for sale in exchange for one item or offering one item for sale in exchange for multiple, or listing a bunch of items you are offering for trade for a list of other items you are looking for. As a buyer you can filter searches based upon whether you want to pay plat or search for trade on items you own, so if you want to trade Tempo Royale for something you can search for people who have posted that they are wiling to trade for tempo royal and see what they are offering in return.

27 minutes ago, (PS4)HurricaneHugo76 said:

The easiest solution right now is to change trade chat to a trade bulletin board. People link items directly to their post from inventory with the details they want. So you got a Volt Prime Neuroptics you want to unload. You go to your inventory, find it, and there is an option there called "post item for sale" It opens up a communication interface where you see the link for that Volt Prime Neuro and you can put in your offer(plat, items you will accept in exchange, etc.) When you hit post you can specify how public you want to post(friends only, clan, your server region, all server regions). 

This is essentially exactly what i was proposing, With an exception or two. Most people prefer to trade in plat, so it'd make sense to reduce clutter and trade in only plat with this system, and furthermore many people has expressed displeasure with a system allowing us to do this with anything but rivens; even if this were introduced only for rivens, it would make a noticeable difference in the way we all trade and how much garbage we see in the chat itself.

40 minutes ago, (PS4)Earth_RickC-137 said:

This is essentially exactly what i was proposing, With an exception or two. Most people prefer to trade in plat, so it'd make sense to reduce clutter and trade in only plat with this system, and furthermore many people has expressed displeasure with a system allowing us to do this with anything but rivens; even if this were introduced only for rivens, it would make a noticeable difference in the way we all trade and how much garbage we see in the chat itself.

Yeah but I feel that this can include any trade able item in the game, and just by allowing a passive, searchable database it removes the cacophony and clutter between sellers and buyers. Now the pink elephant in the room is alot of people don't mind trade chat because they exploit the noise and clutter to take advantage and manipulate prices. With a searchable database you can start doing something that cannot be done right now. Actually get a price check on any item and get an independent, searchable data point of that value without anyone misrepresenting or hiding it's true value. DE could release an API which allows people to take this data and post detailed analysis on the relative price of items and what that value has been over time. Sellers can play the market more fairly, and buyers can protect themselves from unscrupulous and dishonest sellers. It could strictly only be for plat trades, but that's a slippery slope and I'd rather it remain more of a barter system so that farming and finding items is always a viable alternative and people don't just pay to play.

In fact you could create separate trade channels for different types of items, and make some trade only and some plat only and some both.

26 minutes ago, (PS4)HurricaneHugo76 said:

Now the pink elephant in the room is alot of people don't mind trade chat because they exploit the noise and clutter to take advantage and manipulate prices.

A lot of people know this and honestly I don't like that this is a thing. This biggest problem with it being that it creates a toxic environment in the form of people thinking they can tell you what your stuff is worth or offer you some "friendly advice" in order to use you or others to manipulate the market. Right now the trading system favours the underhanded and dishonest, that's the bottom line. 

On 11/12/2017 at 6:56 PM, Nakrast said:

Auction houses kill the economy, simply because one person for example puts a streamline mod for 5p, somenoe else will put it for 4p, and so and so on, this applies to everything, and at some point the market will be dead, for the only exeption of super rare items.
People will stop selling items simply because it won't be worth it.

On a side note, game like BDO have a good fixed market, that changes value of items by a small %, based on item supply and demand, but that wouldn't be a free market, so it's a no to that too.

"simply because one person for example puts a streamline mod for 5p, somenoe else will put it for 4p, and so and so on"

Well, hasn't that happened already? 

I mean, I'm pretty sure everyone goes to warframe.market to check price before buying anything, and Im quite shure that is hard to sell anything over 10 plat, unless is a "Condition overloard" (rediculous 0,02 drop chance, thanks DE).

On 12/12/2017 at 7:56 AM, Nakrast said:

Auction houses kill the economy, simply because one person for example puts a streamline mod for 5p, somenoe else will put it for 4p, and so and so on, this applies to everything, and at some point the market will be dead, for the only exeption of super rare items.
People will stop selling items simply because it won't be worth it.

This typically happens because the trading/auction houses have little to no restrictions.  DE have shown they want to have heavy limits (with daily trades and ability to only list 5 items in Maroo's Bazaar) on trading.  It is very unlikely they wont have similar limits on a trading/auction house.

On 12/12/2017 at 8:50 AM, SanguineSavant said:

If I recall Steve was asked it on a stream at some point and responded that "There are no plans to do an auction house" and from the way it was said and the facial expression it suggests there never will be.

Interestingly Steve had the same reaction when we asked to have trading added to the game (ie he was very reluctant).  Yet history shows how that went and it would be hard to argue it has not made the game somewhat better on the whole.

On 12/12/2017 at 11:02 AM, Homer87 said:

Anyone remember the Diablo 3 auction house fiasco? Sure, it isn't exactly the same as this game, but the point is that it was better to not play the game and get better loot, than it was to play the game. I'm pretty much swapping any sword, or weapon that you would get in that game for a riven in Warframe, and it looks like the same thing will come out of it - overly inflated prices, and an incentive to not play the game to get the stuff you want. The game got better when they removed the auction house, and reworked the loot system.

It would be argued that it worked exceptionally well (even too well).  Riven typically are in a boat where you don't have a reasonable chance of finding the one you want for your weapon of choice, so trading is the only option to get that (which is the issue the Diablo 2 auction house had, it was easier to buy what you want because you had little chance to find it while playing).

The big key factor for Diablo to was that the loot system also got reworked because of it, without the auction house that huge flaw in their game would have most likely gone unnoticed and unchanged.

Edited by Loswaith