The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Utility For Android - Everything Warframe Nexus Does, Plus Much Much More!

Ezard

Question

So yeah, here's the link:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ezardlabs.warframe

Current Features:

Alert notifier, including background notifier, and a homescreen widget
Damage calculator for your weapons
Save and load mod loadouts for your weapons
Hacking minigame
Information about all of the Warframes
Information about the different planets - e.g. boss details, what resources are dropped etc
Extensive settings for pretty much everything

Planned Additions/Changes:

UI improvements (pretty much a continuous task)
Special UI for tablets
Library of mods, including their names, mod energy values, maximum ranks and descriptions
Warframe Mod Calculator
Sentinel Mod Calculator
Add Sentinel weapons
Add ability to share mod loadouts
Add feature where device will read out contents of alert
Separation of Warframes and weapons, with more stuff for each
Info on Void stuff
Add numbers to the Warframes' powers (damage, range etc)

If you have any more suggestions then post them below, and I'll be happy to add them to my to-do list (provided they're reasonable suggestions of course)
If you find any bugs, then you can either post them here, or email me at contact@ezardlabs.co.uk

**NOTE** Please don't ask when an iOS version is coming - to develop for Android, all I needed was a computer and a $25 fee - if I want to develop for iOS, then I need to own an iMac (which I don't - and they're not exactly the cheapest of things) and then have to pay Apple $99/yr - which for a free app isn't exactly sustainable

Wow this is amazing. I am assuming this is compatible with all android devices including mobiles?

If so I will give it a shot on my xperia play.

As long as you're running Android 2.2 or higher (which your phone should be), then yep :-)

testing it on my samsung galaxy s2...looks nice though....great job!

I never really understood what's the desire of android or iOS users to bring out every app out on their OS that would feel much better on PC.

Mainly talking about your calculator and the loadouts.

Either way, Wikipedia has already a lot of info. It's there for much easier access; No need to install anything.

There is also a neat weapon calculator out already.

The hacking mini-game is just a no. It's already annoying as it in-game.

Sorry, great app but it's just not worth installing.

I never really understood what's the desire of android or iOS users to bring out every app out on their OS that would feel much better on PC.

Saves you minimising Warframe if you want to check something?

You can play around with it when you're not at your computer?

Either way, Wikipedia has already a lot of info. It's there for much easier access; No need to install anything.

Half the point of the app is that it basically makes the information on Wikia more quickly accessible, and in a more mobile-friendly and mobile-optimised format :P

Well, I'm not forcing you to play it :P I only really put it in as a bit of self-challenge - this is one of my first Android apps, so I'm still learning (very familiar with the standard Java APIs, but still learning the Android ones)

Thanks, and no worries - it's impossible to make a program that everyone wants :-)

There is also a neat weapon calculator out already.

Get your Warframe fix on the go, not everybody can sit in front of their PC all day.  Now we can do some of the research and planning away from home, to make more time for actually playing the game when we get home.

As for the hacking minigame, yeah it's an annoyance when I just wanna kill Grineer, but as a time killer I can think of much worse mobile games.  Note to DE, thank this man then steal his idea, I want mobile hacking to somehow affect my in-game experience, even if it just gives me cipher keys or something.

Note to DE, thank this man then steal his idea, I want mobile hacking to somehow affect my in-game experience, even if it just gives me cipher keys or something.

Alternatively, just steal me and hire me XD

Are you using Eclipse or took chances with http://code.google.com/p/vs-android/

I'm curious about this VS-Android thing, does it really function or are you insane enough to do hobby projects in Eclipse?

god i hate eclipse so much...

I use the ADT Bundle, which is basically Eclipse with all the Android stuff pre-installed to save time :D

I use Visual Studio 2012 for coding in other languages, but I prefer Eclipse for Java and Android stuff :P

Just a case of personal preference :-)

Why can't I actually exit the application???????

Even powering off the phone and turning back on it was still running.  I had to use Force Stop in my settings to get it to turn off. Sorry just had to uninstall it.  I will live with the nexus for now, don't really need any of the excess stuff anyway.

One possible addition if your interested, add the ability to use the ringtone or media sound levels just like the nexus.  Alwasy thought that was a really good option in the original.

Edited by Synndic

Why can't I actually exit the application???????

Do you mean get rid of the alert notifier at the top of your screen, or actually exit the app itself?

If you mean the alert notifier (the little black or red lotus icon at the top of your screen), then you go into the app, click on alerts, click on settings, then uncheck the option that says "Enable Alert Notifications"

To exit the app itself, you can just keep pressing the back button, or press your home button

Edited by Ezard