The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to know which primary/secondary/melee to get??

(XBOX)Steve825

Question

Okay so some of you might think this is dumb but how do I know which weapons to pick from the market or clan dojo to build next??? there are like 300+ options and i dont even know where to start. Do you just pick whatever has the highest cumulative impact, slash, puncture? Any detailed insight on this would be much appreciated because I dont want to waste resources and credits building something that isnt good.

Thanks!!

6 answers to this question

Get anything you like and use it, may it be an Attica or a Drakgoon. 

Weapons have many stats that you can build the way you want, but you might want to boost some specific stats on some specific weapons too. For example, if you build a Grakata and a Boltor, you'll see that the Grakata has higher crit chances, status chances, rate of fire and recoil, while the Boltor has more damage per bullet, non hit-scan projectiles and puncture-based damage (the Grakata is mostly Impact but pretty balanced).

It's better to have a wide variety of weapon for any mood/situation, so try anything you like, look at the Codex/Wiki to get more infos on weapon stats and most of all, enjoy the blood bath :P.

Important that you do max out the weapon, selling it early can lead to annoyances when you have to rebuild it if you want to get more mastery rank experience later on.

Weapons give 3000 mastery rank xp whilst warframes and companions give 6000

Build everything. Get it to 30 and if you like it keep it, if not sell it if you don't need it to build another weapon. This is what I did when I was new. I just built and tried everything out. Also keep in mind that just having the highest base damage doesn't necessarily make it the best weapon. There are lots of factors when it comes to damage output. Look at the Soma prime. It has a really low base damage but is one of the strongest weapons in game due to it's crit stats and fire rate.