Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Finisher (Animation speed)

ZehelAsaki

Hallo Everyone.

I wanted to ask why the base speed on weapons dont work with the animation speed of (Melee Finisher)

For me it sounds a bit stupid that a 2handed hammer (or what ever weapon) have the same animation speed without fury as a dagger..

The animation speed is the same the only thing that changed is the (Animation itself) but the speed is more or less the same..

*Dagger* 

It is kinda stupid if man think that a dagger have lower attack speed then a 2 handed weapon, i mean comeon really?????

Lucky you can make your own dagger now with higher attack speed, i got 1 at 1.20base attack speed and it is really fun at that speed. For me i think dagger type weapon should get a attack speed buff and lower the damage abit but with a bit more crit. In other games daggers are used for assasination and is one of the fastes weapon. (But all this is just me thinking let me know what you guys think and try not to hate to much i know how people are nowdays.)

12 minutes ago, ZehelAsaki said:

It is kinda stupid if man think that a dagger have lower attack speed then a 2 handed weapon, i mean comeon really?????

I am pretty sure the "attack speed" refers to the number of "animation cycles" that can be completed within a second. For example, a dagger with 1.2 attack speed means that dagger can complete the dagger attack animation cycle 1.2 times in a second. Since different weapon categories have different animations, I believe the attack speed is only comparable in the same category. 

1 hour ago, Bronjun said:

I am pretty sure the "attack speed" refers to the number of "animation cycles" that can be completed within a second. For example, a dagger with 1.2 attack speed means that dagger can complete the dagger attack animation cycle 1.2 times in a second. Since different weapon categories have different animations, I believe the attack speed is only comparable in the same category. 

Sadly i tested and the animation speed is the same without (Fury)

A dagger with 1.2 attack speed vs a dagger with 1 or under attack speed. Both of them have the same animation speed :/

That said i dont have the test area yet so i have to go into a mission everytime. xD

Edited by ZehelAsaki

1 hour ago, ZehelAsaki said:

Sadly i tested and the animation speed is the same without (Fury)

A dagger with 1.2 attack speed vs a dagger with 1 or under attack speed. Both of them have the same animation speed :/

That said i dont have the test area yet so i have to go into a mission everytime. xD

The animation speeds are sped up with Base Attack speed modifiers like Fury, Primed Fury, Valkyr WarCry, Volt Speed, and Harrow Penance.

The animation speeds are different per weapon class and sometimes different between Stance/Quick-melee/No Stance. (Nikanas are a good example of the Finisher speed being affected by which stance is equipped.)*

Another way to test Finisher speed animations is to equip Spoiled Strike on a weapon in place of Fury(Primed Fury).

3 hours ago, (PS4)MrNishi said:

The animation speeds are sped up with Base Attack speed modifiers like Fury, Primed Fury, Valkyr WarCry, Volt Speed, and Harrow Penance.

The animation speeds are different per weapon class and sometimes different between Stance/Quick-melee/No Stance. (Nikanas are a good example of the Finisher speed being affected by which stance is equipped.)*

Another way to test Finisher speed animations is to equip Spoiled Strike on a weapon in place of Fury(Primed Fury).

SIGH

All my test was without "FURY"

On 12/12/2017 at 12:10 PM, ZehelAsaki said:

SIGH

All my test was without "FURY"

I saw you put that on in your opening post. That you tested finisher attack animation speed without Fury, between Hammer and Dagger vs xxxx

The finisher speeds though even at base are different if you were to compare Ceramic Dagger vs Fragor Prime 

Or like I said in my earlier reply:

Nikana

Blind Justice vs Decisive Judgement/Tranquil Cleave/No Stance (just compare the animation speeds of the Finisher attacks)

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi

Not what OP asked, but machetes have the fastest finisher animations, especially noticeable from the rear finishers compared to other slow animation weapons. Rivens with attack speed together with Primed Fury (but not Berserker) make machete finishers lightning fast. Arcane strike also seems to affect finisher animation speed, but haven't tested in any scientific way.