[DE]Megan

Plains of Eidolon: Mirage Prime 22.7.0

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

The Warframe launcher will now automatically Optimize if your cache has over half a gig of wasted space. This not only rids you of wasted space but also improves load times!

fantastic!

2 hours ago, Agentawesome said:

No Megalyst? :(

technically, Megalyst would be much smaller than Teralyst, the same way 1 Megabyte is much smaller than 1 Terabyte.

We need a Petalyst :3

• Haha 2
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixes:

• Fixed enemies never really ever attacking Octavia’s Mallet while following it.
  • Fixed Clients not getting the combo bonus damage boost from Octavia’s Mallet when combined with Resonator.

So a warframe with refreshable invisiblity and an infinitely scaling, duration based, auto roaming attack on top of a ton of other buffs isnt an issue and gets attention but somehow Warframes with much worse scaling get no attention or worse get nerfs? I don't understand....Is an Octavia skin coming out soon that I missed hearing about?

Everything else looks good at least.

Edited by ADirtyMonk
  • Upvote 2

Optimizing Download cache crashed my PC, thx. And I keep getting an error while trying to buy Prime Access

• Upvote 1

Akbolto prime, eh?

So is a firing macro allowed? I want to fire as fast as I can by spamming click, without spamming click because it kills my hand.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ShadowTsukuyomi said:

idk if it just me, but when i attempt to purchase the prime accessory pack it says "Unfortunately an error has occurred.Please try again later!

You arent the only one.  

Okay I´m starting to dislike this forced auto-optimization. Something´s not right with it. [DE]Megan, you said it would get rid of those wasted 500 MB to make the game load better. Instead, I just lost 14 gigs of my HDD space. What files did it give me?! The download was only about 400 MB -.-

And looking at all the people here who have problem getting through the optimization, I think you should put it back to manual. Give us a popup or anything, just dont force it on us when we want to play. I actually have some trouble with it myself as it is highly memory-consuming and the HDD takes a big hit. I had to close all my applications and wait it out, otherwise my PC would lag to death

• Upvote 2

im stuck at the optimization bar for like 1.5h now !! .. who did get this idea ?? . plz fix this and make it optional plz i wanna play warframe again

• Upvote 1

Question for DE staff: Cache optimisation is defragging? Is the launcher smart enough to know the kind of media that warframe is installed on?

On my computer; Warframe and other Steam games are installed on a 500Gb NVMe - the SSD controller writes data in a scattershot-fashion to multiple NAND chips and locations, using algorithms that only the controller understands. The operating system sees it as a hard drive with sectors, but the data is spread all over the drive by the controller. Defragging these “sectors” is like trying to assemble a jigsaw puzzle blindfolded: You can feel parts of the pattern, but you can’t see the whole picture.

Having a game automatically 'optimise the cache' is on a NVMe is a waste of time as there will be minimal performance gains.

Please revert cache optimisation to an option rather than automatic.

• Upvote 8

so took about 2m to download updates, but now hr later the stupid optimization crap is still at only 33%, what is going on DE, i want to play game i dont care about a little wasted space, my load in times were seconds as it was now im stuck waiting for a game to optimize even though i didnt need it

Edited by xXHobbitXx
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, JyuDragon said:

Question for DE staff: Cache optimisation is defragging? Is the launcher smart enough to know the kind of media that warframe is installed on?

On my computer; Warframe and other Steam games are installed on a 500Gb NVMe - the SSD controller writes data in a scattershot-fashion to multiple NAND chips and locations, using algorithms that only the controller understands. The operating system sees it as a hard drive with sectors, but the data is spread all over the drive by the controller. Defragging these “sectors” is like trying to assemble a jigsaw puzzle blindfolded: You can feel parts of the pattern, but you can’t see the whole picture.

Having a game automatically 'optimise the cache' is on a NVMe is a waste of time as there will be minimal performance gains.

Please revert cache optimisation to an option rather than automatic.

That would explain why my PC crashed while doing the cache optimization, the game is installed on a SSHD for me and probably glitched the drive causing my system to freeze. Not to mention, defragging an SSD or SSHD actually damages the drive, rather than help it.

Edited by eastman51
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

The Warframe launcher will now automatically Optimize if your cache has over half a gig of wasted space. This not only rids you of wasted space but also improves load times!

Thanks, nobody asked, can't even launch the game now because of something I don't even want or care to do, because the launcher freezes, or worse, the whole computer freezes up

The option was always there (as far as i know), why not just have a prompt that asked if you want to optimize instead of just making it do it automatically for everyone.

• Upvote 4

vor 3 Stunden schrieb [DE]Megan:

You can now swap to your primary weapon while holding Volt's Electric Shield, doing this will drop the Electric Shield. You can drop the Electric Shield as before to avoid switching to another weapon.

bit of a quaint workaround, i would have assumed shields could just be handled like other pickable objects...

but hey i'll take it :) ...thanks alot!

Please fix these HUGE issues with Zaws & Amps.

This is crucial, especially for the coming of Megalysts and all.

Edited by Casardis
  • Upvote 2

I am unable to change the resolution after the update. It's stuck at my native resolution and can't choose anything else. Restarting didn't work. I don't know is it just me. 

Defragging SSDs and/or SSHDs is not good for the drive's lifespan. Please get rid of this automatic cache optimization, its harmful for those of us that have these drives, and I doubt you want to be responsible for this. 

Not to mention, this optimization caused my computer to crash, after crashing every other piece of software running on my PC one by one, until the memory leakage was so great that even Windows froze. Somehow I didn't bluescreen for RAM over-usage, which actually made things more inconvenient. My PC does drive scans for data corruption after a forced shutdown (holding power button, or power outtage), which takes forever since I have 4 drives; 2 500 GB, a 1 TB, and a 2 TB. Only for Warframe to still do this cache optimization, eating up more of my time and the precious writes on the SSD portion of my SSHD. 

And the store page is still broken, so I can't buy Prime Access. *clap* *clap* *clap*

• Upvote 6

Aaaaand Plains are still broken. But hey, we've got  a shiny new toy to distract  us, so why am I complaining?

• Applause 1

Warframe Prime access on steam still has hydroid prime on the steam store page any word on when the steam page will have mirage prime updated there?