Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So I tried Buzlok on PoE

yles9056

It was disappointing.

I thought PoE might be a good place for Buzlok to shine, but I was so wrong. The problem isn't about the damage. In fact, the gun is dealing decent damage after its last buff, and I really appreciate that. But it feels so slow in many ways.

For a gun with a scope, you would expect it to perform well at mid to long range. However the projectile speed of primary fire is too slow for long range. Using Terminal Velocity does help a little bit, but still not enough. When an enemy is tagged, the bullets take too long to reach the target on PoE. It often results in wasting bullets because you can't tell immediately if you are doing enough damage to kill the target.

The tracer round does have faster flight speed. The speed is acceptable in regular tile set, but no where near enough on PoE. Why not just make it hit-scan? If balance in PvP is the concern, just make it projectile in PvP and hit-scan in PvE.

Another problem is that after firing the tracer round, you won't be able to fire primary fire for a split second. It's a bit annoying when dealing with multiple enemies. I want to be able to tag an enemy, fire several shots, tag another enemy, fire several shots(repeat) in quick succession. That would make the Buzlok much better.

Buzlok has the potential to be a decent rifle. But it still have some problems needed to be look at.

Inb4 get a riven mod for Buzlok

Well, I did. Still trying to roll the stats I want.

Edited by yles9056

5 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

some guns just aren't meant for PoE, you can use it but you should know and accept it's downsides

But... Buzlok has a scope and a really long barrel, yet it's not meant for long range combat.

1ng2z2.jpg

Jokes aside, even in regular tile set, Buzlok doesn't have much advantage. It could really use some utility/QoL buff.

Edited by yles9056

1 minute ago, yles9056 said:

But... Buzlok has a scope and a really long barrel, yet it's not meant for long range combat.

1ng2z2.jpg

I don't think how a wep looks has an affect on how and where you can use it XD

we've been using sniper in 20-300m maps since forever before PoE was a thing

I tried Jet Stream Zephry with 30% and 90% strength. 30% str makes Buzlok more usable while 90% is almost perfect on PoE.

But I noticed some problem while testing:

1. Secondary fire has extremely slow fire rate. After firing the tracer round beacon, you can't fire primary fire immediately. It takes more than +90% fire rate mod to fix the problem. But guess what happens when you put high fire rate mod on Buzlok? The recoil gets worse and you'll have to reload more frequently(3 sec reload time!). Wow, Buzlok's downsides even have synergies!

2. Primary fire projectiles have some strange behavior. Sometimes their energy traces disappear mid-flight so you have no idea where they are. Did they hit the wall? Why haven't they reach the target? Should I fire more shots? It's a bit annoying. I also noticed that when a the projectile's energy trace disappears, it's flight speed seem to decrease.

I want to enjoy using Buzlok, but there are so many downsides. I don't think Buzlok deserve all of them.

Edited by yles9056

I find with Warframe there's 2 things that decide on a weapon's and sometimes a Frame's usefulness. The ladder of which really only came into effect with PoE.

1: Speed to kill. If you aren't killing enemies really really really fast. You're doing it wrong. (of course not actually, but its very important)

2: Range. this pretty much had 0 effect on gameplay. Every weapon had range as a stat, which went into the balance of the weapon. The problem is with pre PoE, If a weapon did less damage up close, but was better for ranges.... it was a bit pointless over the one that did more damage. See: snipers before all the changes. Now with the Plains, Im generally NOT bringing my obligatory Quanta Vandal or Hek, they don't have the range. I LOVE that decision that has to be made.

Where does this put the Buzlok? Same place it always was. Regardless of damage, it was slow to kill, it has to be. If it was fast, why need tracer darts? Why not use a Boltor or Soma? Good for range? well.... Bows.... Snipers.... ect.

I personally would like to see the Buzlok mechanics changed. I think its Achilles heel is that tracer dart. It would be amazing to somehow shoot from behind cover without a tracer dart. For somehow the bullets nearly ALWAYS followed your reticle, so even if you were blocked behind a wall, the bullets would land on target. With-in reason of course. They hit a wall, I mean they hit a wall unless you have punch through. Even if this meant slightly less damage. You could track a target manually with your reticle to hit moving enemies as well

Edited by SeEnCreaTive

50 minutes ago, SeEnCreaTive said:

I find with Warframe there's 2 things that decide on a weapon's and sometimes a Frame's usefulness. The ladder of which really only came into effect with PoE.

1: Speed to kill. If you aren't killing enemies really really really fast. You're doing it wrong. (of course not actually, but its very important)

2: Range. this pretty much had 0 effect on gameplay. Every weapon had range as a stat, which went into the balance of the weapon. The problem is with pre PoE, If a weapon did less damage up close, but was better for ranges.... it was a bit pointless over the one that did more damage. See: snipers before all the changes. Now with the Plains, Im generally NOT bringing my obligatory Quanta Vandal or Hek, they don't have the range. I LOVE that decision that has to be made.

Where does this put the Buzlok? Same place it always was. Regardless of damage, it was slow to kill, it has to be. If it was fast, why need tracer darts? Why not use a Boltor or Soma? Good for range? well.... Bows.... Snipers.... ect.

I personally would like to see the Buzlok mechanics changed. I think its Achilles heel is that tracer dart. It would be amazing to somehow shoot from behind cover without a tracer dart. For somehow the bullets nearly ALWAYS followed your reticle, so even if you were blocked behind a wall, the bullets would land on target. With-in reason of course. They hit a wall, I mean they hit a wall unless you have punch through. Even if this meant slightly less damage. You could track a target manually with your reticle to hit moving enemies as well

I disagree that the tracer mechanic is what's hurting the buzlok. Slow projectile speed, is though. Also it used to have a 75 mag capacitor which was butchered to 55 for no reason so its slow reload is also a huge downside now.

Also personally I liked putting tracers into the environment, don't know why they disabled that.

Edited by TaylorsContraction

On 12/14/2017 at 10:41 AM, yles9056 said:

Wow, Buzlok's downsides even have synergies!

I laughed.

But yeah, I was really hyped for this gun because, even though I'm 80s/90s kid I am really not a nostalgia-fiend at all, but 5th element gun was the best thing ever.  Then they released it, and eventually buffed it. Bad at every stage.

Meanwhile, synoid simulor, boltor prime, telos boltace, and other things happened.

I will generally have a better time to kill and kill count than most anyone not using a wide area aoe weapon using an atomos, possibly an amprex, otherwise zarr.  Two of these three mentioned weapons are effective, auto aiming weapons that deal fair damage.  Sure the buzzlok does more damage after a tracer has been planted, but, its punishingly slow, for what? You have ridiculous powers and abilities that exist, or things like tigris prime/hek/lanka/etc that are one shot devastators. And back to buzzlok...

Why did they choose this to be a poor weapon in the face of so many great weapons, some which are entirely (imo only though) uninteresting like soma line, some snipers, etc?

Why does this need to be a bad weapon?

Flight speed on the Buzlock is so low you can watch every round leave the barrel and make its way to the target. The target dies in 2-3 bullets after you spent half a clip. On the bright side I have seen unrolled buzlock rivens go for as little as 10p on trade chat and as mentioned its dps potential is staggering. I think the max flight speed buff on the buzlock riven is 189% which would seriously increase its viability on the plains.