Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New mission type: Endurance (End Game)

E-N-E-R-G-Y

"Operator what have you done? what purpose does this serve you? why have you challenged the Solar System? Do you seek to die?"

The purpose of this thread is to propose a new Endless mission that does not rely on any other objective but your teams ability to endure against enemies.

So I have a well built warframe, weapon as well as friends to play with and we decide to test ourselves to the limit. Here are our options.

Current Endless Mission Options

• Sorties against high level enemies and good rewards (good but contains a handicap per mission and often short and sweet).
  • Survival against level increasing enemies and enemy cycle (heavily dependent on how well I can keep up life support)
  • Defense against level increasing enemies (heavily dependent on how well I can protect the objective)
  • Interception against level increasing enemies (heavily dependent on point capture)
  • Excavation against increasing enemies (similar to defense and survival - protect and keep filled)

NB: I must point out that these missions inspire co-op which is the theme of the game. What if I wanted my Endurance to be based on myself/team abilities and loadout etc?

New Mission Type

Mission Theme:

"Operator, what purpose does this serve you? why have you challenged the star chart? Do you seek to die?". Excuse my narrating but that is Ordis trying to talk you out of your own death-wish in the name of power and might. You have challenged all factions (Grineer, Corpus and Infestation) and all seek your corpse. The factions put aside their differences and have only one joint goal - to kill you. Expect every faction to throw in all they got in their vast armies. If the minions are failing to do the Job, the bosses step down themselves to defeat you.

Mission Game-play:

1. To access the mission, you will need to prove yourself worthy by killing selected faction bosses/and or enemies and claiming their Rap/Aura/Spark "insert name here" - this will be used to craft a key to access this hidden location from other Tenno. Each player will need to possess this key to enter into a party.
  2. The mission takes place in a new Arena like location instead of ships etc, this is to create that gladiator type of atmosphere.
  3. Unlike most endless mission, this mission contains a huge mass of enemies, factions are stirred up and will stop at nothing to defeat you/your team.
  4. Each faction has a Death counter - when they see their own fall in numbers, they deploy Tougher Enemies: Grineers can be executioners, Corpus can be scramblers and the Infestation can be Juggernauts and so on.
  5. When the deployed enemies still fail to kill you, then one of the bosses come down to have a go at you. Bosses can even be the G3/Zanuka (low chance), Ambulus, Tyle-Regor etc.
  6. These cycles/stages (2-4) repeats throughout the mission. The bosses can have another go at you when they recover.

Mission Rules/Mechanics:

• Each faction has their respective Icons with a Death Counter, Current Cycle/Stage or Heat Level (1,2 & 3) as well as a mission duration.
  • The rate at which the Death-Cap is reached (or how quickly you reach the amount of enemies you have to kill to activate the next cycle/stage) will determine the Fury of that faction, and they will not hold back their Rage against you - deploying high level worriers in an attempt to impress/outplay other factions
  • More than one boss can be present at a given time. It is recommended that you focus you attacks towards whichever boss is present before they join forces.
  • Possible extraction options are:
    • When Stage 3 of any faction is reached, Ordis goes "Wow Operator, that was a devastating blow you delivered, now let's leave before they "WRECK YOU" overwhelm you" - prompting to deploy your Liset and you escape. Choosing to stay will continue the mission until next milestone. [Similar to Defense, Interception]
    • Raise the white flag at any point in the game, to Ordis's relief, you admit defeat and he extracts you out of there in one piece, but you will have to return/ forfeit all the Rap/Aura/Spark you collected from the bosses/enemies and start collection from scratch. However, there will be no spoils for you.
  • The mission is failed when all teammates run out of Revives. Usual mission fail mechanics apply.

Rewards:

• Appropriate mission rewards are set by DE.

Comments:

• Any appropriate and constructive comments are welcome. I know these is more end game and this is intentional.
  • I was late for The pinned "Mission Idea Sandbox"  thread but these mission theme wouldn't have fit the description of the tread (regular start chart instead of quest).
  • The mission can be polished by DE to make it more suitable to fit the play style but the main theme is: Endless mission, reliant on team's ability to endure high amounts of enemies with no handicaps.

I like the idea very much. A few things before I say things that I like. First, I don't think you should have to fight a boss to access it, although placing the node behind a boss fight would be a good alternative. Second, I don't think it should be in an arena. Considering that we are getting Landscapes, I think we should avoid small stages. Having a large scale war in the plains with this concept is sounds really good. Imagine this with Vay Hek and G3 appearing allowing you to fight him in archwing mode. Third, the level of the enemies should not scale on how fast you kill them. The fury thing would be good by spawning more minibosses or eximus in that part of the game. Finally, this needs a fail condition more than just death. There should be a minimum time for you to trigger the Fury mode or to kill the boss.You should be able to extract at every stage rather than the 3rd. It should also follow the A,A,B,C rotation system in which you only get the main boss on the 4th rotation. 

This is a really good idea. Compared to the other suggestions that I've seen here on "Endurance" modes. I really like this one because of a lot of the mechanics that you mentioned. Before Assassination was a thing in sorties, I suggested for them to have a chance to spawn the boss in the mission (In the same way as Void Vor and assassins Spawn). This is a more consistent way to do it. I've always liked the idea of  being able to fight the bosses outside their arena's. This will give DE a few ways to change how the boss fights. I would also like the Fury mode to have things like activating sortie or nightmare conditions for it's duration if you kill the enemies too fast. Having the minimum timer I mention earlier will also give a sense of achievement every time you set a record time. Great suggestion!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this sound alot better as a new type of Survival

Instead keeping up with the Life Support, you are on a very clustered tileset with enemy getting stronger as you kill more enemy, Correct?

I like this, But I find it better to just apply this changes to already existing survival. As the reason why you fail today survival is in-ability to get life support, instead of killing alot of enemy (Example: Ivara).

Basically, This is the "Survival", Not carry about anything but just being a super powered killing machines. Survival is close to this, But Life Support and Big Tileset ruins it

16 hours ago, WilliamHartono12 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this sound alot better as a new type of Survival

I did not want to alter the current survival mission because I thought DE thought it through and saw it necessary. Otherwise if this mission type is liked and preferred by most players, I do not see any wrong in replacing the current survival mission.

I dislike the idea of having ALL factions working together. I've already got enough problems with suspending my disbelief when one day I fight Infested Alad and the next I fight normal Alad on the sorties.

I'd rather have them all fighting among themselves, not just for it to make sense within the context of Warfambe but because it adds additional depth. Enemies will fight between each other to carve out spawning zones to get to you and your buddies. This way you can game the system by putting pressure on enemies or taking pressure off enemies, ensuring they take or lose spawning zones etc.

For additional FUN times, have the Corrupted and Sentients also join in on the fight after a while.

30 minutes ago, Phobonaut said:

I'd rather have them all fighting among themselves, not just for it to make sense within the context of Warfambe but because it adds additional depth. Enemies will fight between each other to carve out spawning zones to get to you and your buddies. This way you can game the system by putting pressure on enemies or taking pressure off enemies, ensuring they take or lose spawning zones etc.

With the current AI fighting mechanics, do you really want the enemies fighting each other?

2 hours ago, Phobonaut said:

I don't see the problem.

Well, I've seen the Crossfire missions and trust me, it would take hours if i were to wait for the AI to kill each other. Try the Simulacrum by cephalon simaris and simulate some grineer vs coprus to get what I am saying.

Well, I never said the AI should be effective at killing each other. Just that they attempt to fight each other.

Provides both tactical advantages and disadvantages. Let's take say... Loki. A Loki can really exploit a free-for-all AI fight - BUT all those NPCs fighting each other do increase the risk of stray bullets hitting Loki. More depth to the mode than just killing S#&$, you know.