Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stop Shoving Parkour in Our Faces

MystiKasT

From the MR tests to Maroo's treasure hunt; we get it, you designed a cool parkour system.

Stop forcing it upon us for things we need in-game; it is frustrating and annoying.  I am not playing this game to do flips and jumps -- if I wanted that -- I'd play tony hawk.

2 minutes ago, MystiKasT said:

From the MR tests to Maroo's treasure hunt; we get it, you designed a cool parkour system.

Stop forcing it upon us for things we need in-game; it is frustrating and annoying.  I am not playing this game to do flips and jumps -- if I wanted that -- I'd play tony hawk.

Funny, because that's exactly why I *do* play this game.  If I wanted a stock-standard Looter-shooter, I'd play Borderlands.

The rooms where we get Maroo Ayatans from, were there before Parkour 2.0, I figure few remember how it was navigating those with the older system.

I happen to like the Maroo missions, as its a chance to use those rooms, but 2.0 does make it very easy to accomplish.

Edited by SPARTAN-187.Thanatos
grammers

Just now, MystiKasT said:

we should force it upon players and lock content behind it if they aren't good at it...

Yes, because this game is fast paced, movement based. If you dont move fast enough, you are a burden to any squad, you will get downed a lot and will always fall behind.

Just now, VadiseReikaz said:

Yes, because this game is fast paced, movement based. If you dont move fast enough, you are a burden to any squad, you will get downed a lot and will always fall behind.

I hardly ever 'parkour' and I do just fine.  Have done LoR many times and complete all 3 sortie missions daily.

1 minute ago, MystiKasT said:

I hardly ever 'parkour' and I do just fine.  Have done LoR many times and complete all 3 sortie missions daily.

If you can do those things, then what are you complaining about specifically? Maroo's Rooms? you end up memorizing them, they are meant to be annoying. Or Mastery Tests? You can practice them.

il y a 7 minutes, MystiKasT a dit :

we should force it upon players and lock content behind it if they aren't good at it...

"Force" would imply that there was no other way to complete said content without Parkour.

Arguably, Mastery would maybe be the only place where you're "Forced" to test a certain skill.
Puzzles, challenge rooms and all those others things can be completed without even moving further than two meters with many different warframe powers.

Should we also drop the whole modding system since you don't seem to be capable of making use of the mobility powers?
And maybe the whole shooter thing as well because the game doesn't Auto-Play and some guy can't get a kill?

You get the idea. The game is not going to stop because you can't adapt to it.
Not a phrase I like using, but if I may quote my fellow Tennos : "Git Gud".

Edited by (PS4)XxDarkyanxX

6 minutes ago, MystiKasT said:

Parkour tests where in Warframe far before Maroo, and they were hard. Now they are pointless because of the new parkour system. I don't get why you say it's shoved on our faces, parkour tests have nothing important, and MR tests that require parkour are easy.

1 minute ago, MystiKasT said:

That's how games work. Unless you put grind on it. In my opinion, skill locked content is the way to go. Warframe doesn't do this anyway, you just need to grind. What's your complain?

You know, Warframe was about "ninjas", parkour is needed as a mechanic. I don't even consider the current thing "parkour".

Don't know about with a controller, but on average most parkour challenges can be done reasonably well with the right frame.  Such as using Zephyr on the mastery challenges where the platforms disappear during a shooting gallery.  Valkyr's ripline ability is also a handy power for maneuvering around.  

One of the best parts about the game IS the parkour, and if they didn't include some uses for it which REQUIRE it then its only benefit would be that you can move a little faster and jump around. I know for a fact that Maroo's Treasure Hunt is fun because its a race to the finish line, which is more rewarding than finding out who'll reach extraction first. (btw if Maroo's Hunts are hard, play them with Limbo, just walk through the lasers and slow floors)

Why do you hate what we love??

16 minutes ago, MystiKasT said:

There aren't many games that don't require you to use the core mechanics of the game to access content.  Can't jump?  Probably not gonna get far in Mario.  Can't combat?  Zelda might not be for you.  Can't shoot?  Might wanna pass on Halo.

24 minutes ago, MystiKasT said:

I am not playing this game to do flips and jumps -- if I wanted that -- I'd play tony hawk.

That's kinda why i play this game. There's enough boring run of the mill shooters in the market. 

Out of curiosity, which MR test are you stuck on?

I can't recall the numbers, but i think i technically qualify for MR19. Thing is i stopped at MR14, so in regard to one of your follow up posts, what content is being locked from you? I don't recall there being too many difficult parkour challenges below MR14.

This game is prolly isn't for you. Parkouring (but now bullet jumping) is part of the game mechanics ever since. Heck, don't play on stuff that needs you to "parkour", there are tons of content.

git gud kid.

Edited by --Q--XFA