Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survival Ideals

Ameijin-Grey

In survival, if 2 or more people want to leave (for whatever their reasons may be), everyone is yanked out of the mission.

Here's an idea. Why not have it so that people who want to leave a survival can leave alone, just like in defense missions?

I don't want to feel that I must play with preset squads in order to stay to higher levels or solo. 

Another idea I'd like to add is to increase the minimum time spent in a mission in Survival Mot to about 30 minutes. Players go there to grind Argon or Vor and extract after like 10-15 minutes. Yes, lock them in. Make them earn their materials. If they want Argon, they can go to many other tilesets in the Void. Mot is supposed to be special and I like to meet others that enjoy testing their limits and strategies against the hardest survival tile in the game. 

Edited by Ameijin-Grey

I think that individual extraction is an interesting idea that should be entertained. After all, different people have different expectations in survivals.

A 30 minute minimum mission timer on the other hand, feels very forced and unreasonable. Going into a survival to see how long you can last can be amazing, but more often than not, people only go in for one series of rotations. 30 minutes is AABCAA. That's more than one full rotation. Doesn't that seem a little long?

I welcome opinions from more people on the subject.

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)DRG Vinhiem said:

I think that individual extraction is an interesting idea that should be entertained. After all, different people have different expectations in survivals.

A 30 minute minimum mission timer on the other hand, feels very forced and unreasonable. Going into a survival to see how long you can last can be amazing, but more often than not, people only go in for one series of rotations. 30 minutes is AABCAA. That's more than one full rotation. Doesn't that seem a little long?

I welcome opinions from more people on the subject.

Hee.

20 hours ago, Ameijin-Grey said:

In survival, if 2 or more people want to leave (for whatever their reasons may be), everyone is yanked out of the mission.

Here's an idea. Why not have it so that people who want to leave a survival can leave alone, just like in defense missions?

I don't want to feel that I must play with preset squads in order to stay to higher levels or solo. 

Another idea I'd like to add is to increase the minimum time spent in a mission in Survival Mot to about 30 minutes. Players go there to grind Argon or Vor and extract after like 10-15 minutes. Yes, lock them in. Make them earn their materials. If they want Argon, they can go to many other tilesets in the Void. Mot is supposed to be special and I like to meet others that enjoy testing their limits and strategies against the hardest survival tile in the game. 

I agree on the first one, but I disagree on the second one. And your suggestion is invalid if you put this 2 thing together.

"Lets play on Mot for 10 Minute, but I can leave when I reach 10 minute so you play by yourself till 30 minute"

NO, just no.Testing their Limits and Strategies doesn't mean you need to play 30 MINUTES on a single mission. Mot is already special with 300% Damage increase (correct me if im wrong). And some people needs to go or take a break after 10-20 Minutes. Other people can't play for 30 minutes straight because maybe they have eyes problem. if you lock them in you pretty much being the bad guy here.

If you want to test your limit and strategy, Go play alone and do 2 Hours by yourself, If you want to meet others, Go to recruiting chat or see the leaderboard

Edited by WilliamHartono12

22 hours ago, WilliamHartono12 said:

I agree on the first one, but I disagree on the second one. And your suggestion is invalid if you put this 2 thing together.

"Lets play on Mot for 10 Minute, but I can leave when I reach 10 minute so you play by yourself till 30 minute"

NO, just no.Testing their Limits and Strategies doesn't mean you need to play 30 MINUTES on a single mission. Mot is already special with 300% Damage increase (correct me if im wrong). And some people needs to go or take a break after 10-20 Minutes. Other people can't play for 30 minutes straight because maybe they have eyes problem. if you lock them in you pretty much being the bad guy here.

If you want to test your limit and strategy, Go play alone and do 2 Hours by yourself, If you want to meet others, Go to recruiting chat or see the leaderboard

30 minutes is just a number I put up in the air. By my logic, if you are there for at least 30 minutes, that means that you're in it for the long haul. I dislike the idea of "Oh, you have to play alone to test your limits." I love co-op personally. I love meeting people that also like to test their limits. These ideas came from just wanting to run Mot to meet randoms that also like running Mot, but the bulk of the player base just go there to kill Vor and snag an Argon. I want a survival tile that's like, Valhalla for the people who enjoy survival, not just another part of Farmframe. 

On 12/15/2017 at 3:40 AM, Ameijin-Grey said:

30 minutes is just a number I put up in the air. By my logic, if you are there for at least 30 minutes, that means that you're in it for the long haul. I dislike the idea of "Oh, you have to play alone to test your limits." I love co-op personally. I love meeting people that also like to test their limits. These ideas came from just wanting to run Mot to meet randoms that also like running Mot, but the bulk of the player base just go there to kill Vor and snag an Argon. I want a survival tile that's like, Valhalla for the people who enjoy survival, not just another part of Farmframe. 

Well okay, what ABOUT the players that doesn't want to stay there, What is your suggestion? The reason why no one complaining about the Survival extraction method cause its good. Its not perfect as 2 players standing on Extraction can trigger and extraction, It can be bad for you that want endurance run.

But I come to learn that, If the challenge you looking for, Go play alone, cause your team won't be able to revive you when you are down, Making the mission even harder

And also, I never said you need go to Mot alone for Endurance, Go to Recruiting chat, Clan chat, or Just ran Mot and meet people that want to do it again on different party

Lets say you want to go to toilet, but I lock the toilet until I done using it, which takes 1 Hour, What you will do then? Cause I want to read an entire Harry Potter novel before going out the Toilet. Which may sound crazy, Similar to why the hell you want to stay 30 Minute on Mot just for "Challenge" when you playing in party.

I get the fun of enduring mass wave of enemies, Sortie Survival really speak for itself. But you can't deny that some players just want to get either argon crystal or C.Vor mods without wasting their time waiting for 30 minutes cause someone wants to do endurance by doing public matches

Edit: Even you say its the number you put up in the air and 30 minutes runs suggest that you want to do long run, Your first post suggest thats the "Minimal" time to extract. Which by that point, doesn't make sense

Edit 2: You know why many people hate Cetus Bounty? Guess why. Takes too long to complete. Some people might enjoy it, I enjoy it if I do it alone, But the numbers already suggest that most people doesn't want a very long mission.

On 12/16/2017 at 1:39 PM, WilliamHartono12 said:

Well okay, what ABOUT the players that doesn't want to stay there, What is your suggestion? The reason why no one complaining about the Survival extraction method cause its good. Its not perfect as 2 players standing on Extraction can trigger and extraction, It can be bad for you that want endurance run.

But I come to learn that, If the challenge you looking for, Go play alone, cause your team won't be able to revive you when you are down, Making the mission even harder

And also, I never said you need go to Mot alone for Endurance, Go to Recruiting chat, Clan chat, or Just ran Mot and meet people that want to do it again on different party

Lets say you want to go to toilet, but I lock the toilet until I done using it, which takes 1 Hour, What you will do then? Cause I want to read an entire Harry Potter novel before going out the Toilet. Which may sound crazy, Similar to why the hell you want to stay 30 Minute on Mot just for "Challenge" when you playing in party.

I get the fun of enduring mass wave of enemies, Sortie Survival really speak for itself. But you can't deny that some players just want to get either argon crystal or C.Vor mods without wasting their time waiting for 30 minutes cause someone wants to do endurance by doing public matches

Edit: Even you say its the number you put up in the air and 30 minutes runs suggest that you want to do long run, Your first post suggest thats the "Minimal" time to extract. Which by that point, doesn't make sense

Edit 2: You know why many people hate Cetus Bounty? Guess why. Takes too long to complete. Some people might enjoy it, I enjoy it if I do it alone, But the numbers already suggest that most people doesn't want a very long mission.

We already know how most of the community moves. Not everyone even goes to Mot, so I wouldn't try to make it fair for "everyone" or "most people". I shouldn't have to finesse around trying to find people that like to run survival, to hop skip around the typical grind mentality that the average player is in. There are plenty of ways to get Argon. Even if you don't agree with the 30-minute idea, still, I think there should be somewhere, or some sort of matchmaking to allow those who want to test the late game content together without needing to go on a recruiting campaign. 

Not getting revived by a teammate isn't what I'd call more challenging. I get that you're trying to solve this dilemma of mine in the current way of things, but simply put, I want a place for the minority of long survival players to be able to gather without worry of some weakling trying to extract. 

They decided to click that specific tile, not I. I do not care. 1 tile that is like that should be fine. Why does Mot even exist in the first place? It's the only tile of its kind and it's considered to be the hardest survival tile in the game due to specific attributes that only apply to Mot. I really don't see the harm. 

1 hour ago, Ameijin-Grey said:

We already know how most of the community moves. Not everyone even goes to Mot, so I wouldn't try to make it fair for "everyone" or "most people". I shouldn't have to finesse around trying to find people that like to run survival, to hop skip around the typical grind mentality that the average player is in. There are plenty of ways to get Argon. Even if you don't agree with the 30-minute idea, still, I think there should be somewhere, or some sort of matchmaking to allow those who want to test the late game content together without needing to go on a recruiting campaign. 

Not getting revived by a teammate isn't what I'd call more challenging. I get that you're trying to solve this dilemma of mine in the current way of things, but simply put, I want a place for the minority of long survival players to be able to gather without worry of some weakling trying to extract. 

They decided to click that specific tile, not I. I do not care. 1 tile that is like that should be fine. Why does Mot even exist in the first place? It's the only tile of its kind and it's considered to be the hardest survival tile in the game due to specific attributes that only apply to Mot. I really don't see the harm. 

Well I never complain about our survival, Despite the fact it is bad when 2/3 people extract when you want to go full Survival

If you want a place to test late game content, How about Eidolons? Raids?

You tell us to go to another place to get Argon, I tell you to go to another place to get challenge, I see no harm

If you bring only MOT. How about Aten? Lvl 40-45 Mobile Defense? How about I give 2 more station for even more challenge? How about Mithra? Interception, More challenge than sitting in one corner spamming one specific ability. Lets make the Minimum of it to 6 Rounds?

Sir, if you looking for endgame content, Please do it on your own. Its not a necessity to get another player on your survival, Just like us getting another player in our Argon crystal farming simulator.

I did 87 Minute on Ophelia, I even failed cause I haven't died even with 0 Life support for couple minutes, and the game just like "welp, he isn't dying, Lets fail the mission"

I have fun without people, and its a challenge to keep myself alive.

Why there is MOT you say? There reason there is Mot is because there are "Levels" of the void. There is QUEST required you to finish Mot. Oh and I ask you again, Where you encounter Corrupted Vor?

You do what you want despite how community will react to it. There will always a people that support your decision, But lets make it clear

5 Min Extract : Oh they want to extract, I might need to go to another group and find some group that wants to go full run that is useless

30 Min Extract : Oh you want to extract? too bad, I want us to play until you bored, You have a family? I don't care, I want you to finish this 30 min or you get none of that Curropted Vor Mod

4 minutes ago, WilliamHartono12 said:

Well I never complain about our survival, Despite the fact it is bad when 2/3 people extract when you want to go full Survival

If you want a place to test late game content, How about Eidolons? Raids?

You tell us to go to another place to get Argon, I tell you to go to another place to get challenge, I see no harm

Eidolons and the what, two raids in the game are entirely different content. I feel that you're stretching the matter far beyond just end game survival for no apparent reason other than to not see change. The harm in what you're saying is the logic. You can get Argon anywhere in the void. You cannot get the challenges of Mot in any other place in the game Void Survival wise. It's not an equation. 

3 minutes ago, Ameijin-Grey said:

You cannot get the challenges of Mot in any other place in the game Void Survival wise. It's not an equation. 

This?

Is the "Challenges" So powerful that you want to start a whole conflict? How about you bring Dragon Keys, Go with Underpowered Warframe. Thats more "Challenge" You seek

And Also, There is Ani, Lvl 20-25 Void Survival, Play for 2 Hours Straight, You won't be able to tell the difference. Their Damage will one shot any warframe without Unique Utility such as Loki Invis or Harrow Protection

1 minute ago, WilliamHartono12 said:

This?

Is the "Challenges" So powerful that you want to start a whole conflict? How about you bring Dragon Keys, Go with Underpowered Warframe. Thats more "Challenge" You seek

And Also, There is Ani, Lvl 20-25 Void Survival, Play for 2 Hours Straight, You won't be able to tell the difference. Their Damage will one shot any warframe without Unique Utility such as Loki Invis or Harrow Protection

At this point, I see your stance as "Well, how about you x, y and z." as if Warframe accommodates all types of players and playstyles, and they shan't change. I will be able to tell the difference. Triple shot bombards don't lie. 

2 minutes ago, Ameijin-Grey said:

At this point, I see your stance as "Well, how about you x, y and z." as if Warframe accommodates all types of players and playstyles, and they shan't change. I will be able to tell the difference. Triple shot bombards don't lie. 

This topic will get locked on the Forum, How about you tell me which region you at, We start a poll, and we see who have more support

Edit: As if Warframe Accomodates all types of players and playstyle? So you saying That Trinity = Rhino? There is many people that can get along despite how different their playstyle is, You are trying to lock them to one place. I have no rights to Lock a place just for my own Fun, and you can't too

1 minute ago, WilliamHartono12 said:

This topic will get locked on the Forum, How about you tell me which region you at, We start a poll, and we see who have more support

I feel that polls are made to please the most people, while this ideal change of mine is for the minority that isn't typically accommodated. "Most" simply hunt around for resources. Of course they won't be for it.  

Just now, Ameijin-Grey said:

I feel that polls are made to please the most people, while this ideal change of mine is for the minority that isn't typically accommodated. "Most" simply hunt around for resources. Of course they won't be for it.  

Then deal with it. How about you look at one name that start a controversy about internet regulation, You know who I'm talking about

Just now, WilliamHartono12 said:

Then deal with it. How about you look at one name that start a controversy about internet regulation, You know who I'm talking about

The Warframe Forums, where ideas go to die. I'm resisting the urge of getting vulgar with you because you came to my post telling me to just "deal with it" after proposing a system of player favor that's inapplicable to what the benefits are. You act like any and all controversy is bad, and I should focus on what you care about in the moment. It would be nice if you stayed on topic, instead of using diversionary tactics. 

3 minutes ago, Ameijin-Grey said:

The Warframe Forums, where ideas go to die. I'm resisting the urge of getting vulgar with you because you came to my post telling me to just "deal with it" after proposing a system of player favor that's inapplicable to what the benefits are. You act like any and all controversy is bad, and I should focus on what you care about in the moment. It would be nice if you stayed on topic, instead of using diversionary tactics. 

Im dropping the agrument, I got banned for arguing with one people that said "Maim Damage is calculated based on how much damage they taken even they haven't die". Which is clearly false

And also, Do you think DE will hear to Majority or Minority?

Edit: Stop replying, think this to yourself, If you think the answer is Either Majority or Minority, Keep it to yourself. This Forum is Just us denying each other facts.

Forcing people to do 30mins of Mot is stupid - may I remind you that Chains of Harrow exists?

Do you force people that just want that quest unlocked to stay because you, not them, want a challenge too?

Edit: Leaving alone would be a nice thing to implement, as people may have things that come suddenly in real life. But don't force your ideas on other people by adding the 30 mins minimum limit on Mot.

Edited by Sintharius

4 minutes ago, Sintharius said:

Forcing people to do 30mins of Mot is stupid - may I remind you that Chains of Harrow exists?

Do you force people that just want that quest unlocked to stay because you, not them, want a challenge too?

Edit: Leaving alone would be a nice thing to implement, as people may have things that come suddenly in real life. But don't force your ideas on other people by adding the 30 mins minimum limit on Mot.

Okay. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 2017-12-13 at 11:18 PM, WilliamHartono12 said:

If you want to test your limit and strategy, Go play alone and do 2 Hours by yourself,

The problem I find with this is that it can be very RNG based if you can do it or not.

Even If I oneshot every enemy I see there is just not enough Life support drops... I would like to see this heavily increased and not being forced to use frames like nekros or pilfering hydroid