Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur, Jack-of-all-trades. IS IT WORTH IT?

chobi_exe

Just now, NekroArts said:

Are you telling me that you perform equally or better than your squad mates using purely Exalted Blade like his brother?

Heh..I can even tell you how to do it m8. For augmented shield get Magnetic+Gas+Chromatic coz it damages health directly and you can bypass the shield. For augmented armor, go Blast/Corrosive+Chromatic. For augmented elemental, just go without chromatic and you'd be fine. For eximus, you do it like any other frames, take away your EB, use RB and kill stuff with your guns.

Just now, Marvelous_A said:

Heh..I can even tell you how to do it m8. For augmented shield get Magnetic+Gas+Chromatic coz it damages health directly and you can bypass the shield. For augmented armor, go Blast/Corrosive+Chromatic. For augmented elemental, just go without chromatic and you'd be fine. For eximus, you do it like any other frames, take away your EB, use RB and kill stuff with your guns.

It's rare for me to actually see an Excalibur setting up properly for Sorties, especially when using pure Exalted Blade (4th). There were too many times where in augmented shield, an Excalibur would just use 4th and his contributions were at the low end. 

Even though his DPS is good, I've been in different situations that encouraged me to try another approach.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Axiom666 said:

I don't get it. If your brother thanks excal is the best, then let him.

This issue is also tied to increasing his MR. While, yes, it's cool that someone likes to play only Excalibur, but if they want their MR to go up they're gonna have to try other things.

Edited by NekroArts

40 minutes ago, AyaHoneycomb said:

Yeah but why can't I see excalibur in exterminate missions or survival or interception where you need to kill the most?

There are some excals but it's really rare to see them.
probably 'cause there are people who prefer other frames than excal?

Did you know that if you have better sword with big damage,your power 4 is much stronger and ofcours you need good mods for excal and that sword. And to save energy for the power you need mod fleeting expertise. With that mode you can have longer power 4 😁👍 And mine favorite frame is Excalibur but Nidus is good and fun to playe,but if he is more in excal style then Valkyir and Wukong are good for him...

Edited by Vlada91

1 minute ago, NekroArts said:

This issue is also tied to increasing his MR. While, yes, it's cool that someone likes to play only Excalibur, but if they want their MR to go up they're gonna have to try other things.

Yes, but if he don't want to, he doesn't have to. More than likely he will, but just saying. That's the great thing about WF, you can play how you want. Ninjas play free after all. Lol

4 минуты назад, NekroArts сказал:

Not really.

Like you have to level them but you don't have to play them.

1 hour ago, nickelshark said:

Right but with chromatic blade it's hard to beat his dps. Also, equinox can drop massive bombs, but by the time it's built up to that Excalibur would've already dropped more damage then that. Not to mention the stealth bonus from radial blind.

dunno, dropping 1mil executes on lvl 150 bombards with valkyr :P 

He is a great frame.

Really good DPS.

Decent CC.

A tad squishy compared to other frames but not made of paper either.

Will require decent energy conservation to use.

Will require certain rare mods to make really good.

However, he has been, on average, nerfed around 2 times a year so you should let your brother know not to focus too much on him.

You might want to wait for The Sacrifice update next year and get Excalibur Umbra instead. I also suspect there might be changes, good or bad, to Excalibur then.

4 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

He's not the jack of all trades, he's a murdering machine. That's what he's good for. Killing ****t.

That's not even remotely true. Many dps frames do, like valkyr for example hello? Equinox takes more work and more squishy but thr potential is even higher.

Valkyr I doubt that. She doesn't have the mods like excal does. Equinox can only do slash damage which doesn't help against higher armored targets.

im for just playing with what you want when you want. if your brother loves excal that much.. hell yea, gg DE. Only thing, he should not insult others preferences. If he doesn't do that, no problems right? (i personally love continuously switching frames, im only missing atlas and gara for.. reasons... to not get stale, and yes i pick excal too every now and then)

36 минут назад, (PS4)joshw1400 сказал:

Valkyr I doubt that. She doesn't have the mods like excal does. 

She can use exactly the same mods with the exception of chromatic blade obviously.

And most people seem unaware that shattering impact even exist. Not to mention that most people by "higher armored targets" mean only level 100-200 enemies, which is still nothing for pretty much any dps frame.

Цитата

Equinox can only do slash damage which doesn't help against higher armored targets.

Strip it by any means and no one would care.

Which is also was never the point because everyone only talked about potential damage output and most people never even do anything higher than sortie 3 level so they view Excalibur as some god.

Edited by -Temp0-

5 hours ago, AyaHoneycomb said:

Yeah but why can't I see excalibur in exterminate missions or survival or interception where you need to kill the most?

There are some excals but it's really rare to see them.
probably 'cause there are people who prefer other frames than excal?

Probably because most good Excals don't need other players....

Excal is a well rounded frame that excels in just about any content properly modded...His only downside is being somewhat squishy if not played right.

There's nothing wrong with your brother choosing to prefer Excal over the other frames and the game is designed to encourage him to sample different frames and weapons as time goes on.

...Let him know he's made a good choice and keep it moving. He'll eventually find a new shiny that needs a MR which requires him to try new frames regardless.

4 hours ago, General_Witherrrer said:

Well Thanks, sis, for starting a bully convention, and yes, I understand that I have to ditch excaliber If I am to get my MR higher.

Thanks yall. and I still hate you sis.

Actually you don't have to "ditch" Excalibur, you can level weapons and they give mastery points, this is what I did in early MR because 
I prefer weapons over any skill spamming. Until I have to level warframes to level up for more weapons. 
(for the sake of mastery rank locked weapons, namely the Nikana and the Dragon Nikana )

Also planet nodes give Mastery Points, Junctions give Mastery Points.

Even when leveling other frames, it is like you build a Warframe, level it to max and go back to Excal or whatever frame you like.
That is what I did with a lot of frames is to simply max them, throw in the back of inventory for them to "collect dust".

I reach MR17 with 75% usage on Trinity + Trinity Prime, sure I might be a lot higher rank 
given the amount of time I spent playing one frame, but it is individual preference how a player would play. 

Though consider this, if you have your usage stats divided throughout all the frames, then a player is truely "jack-of-all-trade/ master-of-none"

If you are convinced that Excal is the frame that suits you without trying other frames out, go ahead and specialize in it.
Be a master at using Excalibur.

Until then try out frames as "mastery fodders", you never know what might interest you.

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

7 hours ago, nickelshark said:

Other frames with better damage? Who is that? Not many frames come even close to his damage output let alone beat out his damage. No he doesn't have buffs, but he isn't a support. He is a kill everything frame. 

Honestly broberon had took the jack off all trades title a while ago. Since he literally does everything.

Technically, Excalibur's 2 serves as a damage steroid for his 4 and 1, quadrupling their damage output against blinded enemies.

Edited by TheGrimCorsair