Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atavist prime armor scaling

GA-Bulletproof

So my first ever prime purchase (prime accessories) was yesterday and i have some concerns with the Atavist prime armor.

1. The whole armor set doesn't scale well. Putting the chest piece on Nova is no different then putting it on Rhino. 

2. Chest piece isn't wide enough. Why? The general width of the chest piece doesn't harmonize with the frame. Compare Targis chest piece with atavist and you'll see what i mean. A little more width on the chest would do the whole set some real good!

3. Shoulder size on Rhino compared to targis is also not on par. Targis is freaking huge. Atavist looks like some bird craped on his shoulder and he didn't bother wiping it off.

4. Leg plates seem to scale with width of the frames leg which makes the set look ridiculous on some frames (e.g. Inaros).

Unfortunately I am not at my computer to provide images but anyone with the mentioned armor set can surely try it (or already has tried it) and will see what I mean. 

P.s. Maybe declunk the syandana a bit.. 

I'm just going to tell you that point 2. and the Syandana thing is a big no-no in my book.

Point 2, mainly, because the armor set is designed to be a specific size or volume, to better say it. Making it wider would just ruin the whole set look. The Syandana is also the right size. In fact it helps a lot with Saryn and Trinity's Prime skirts, since it bends EXACTLY where the skirts are, without looking goofy.

On Rhino, increasing the size would make it laughably huge, and then it would look floaty. An issue it has with Targis, since you can see the attachment point clearly, but it's like that because Targis is way flatter.

Let me add, I believe only Oberon Prime could probably use a slightly bigger shoulder armor too. The leg plates are always hard because they're designed to fit from feet to knee. Warframes that have them scaled down usually have it like that because otherwise it would clip somewhere much noticeable.

Edited by NightmareT12

vor 1 Stunde schrieb NightmareT12:

I'm just going to tell you that point 2. and the Syandana thing is a big no-no in my book.

Point 2, mainly, because the armor set is designed to be a specific size or volume, to better say it. Making it wider would just ruin the whole set look. The Syandana is also the right size. In fact it helps a lot with Saryn and Trinity's Prime skirts, since it bends EXACTLY where the skirts are, without looking goofy.

On Rhino, increasing the size would make it laughably huge, and then it would look floaty. An issue it has with Targis, since you can see the attachment point clearly, but it's like that because Targis is way flatter.

Let me add, I believe only Oberon Prime could probably use a slightly bigger shoulder armor too. The leg plates are always hard because they're designed to fit from feet to knee. Warframes that have them scaled down usually have it like that because otherwise it would clip somewhere much noticeable.

Well the chest piece should cover well the chest. The hulta chest does it nicely and so does targis. But armor like Nidina is terrible on basically every frame. Don't know why you should support bad design like that by saying it's volume is intended to look S#&$ty (more or less) 

Just now, GA-Bulletproof said:

Well the chest piece should cover well the chest. The hulta chest does it nicely and so does targis. But armor like Nidina is terrible on basically every frame. Don't know why you should support bad design like that by saying it's volume is intended to look S#&$ty (more or less) 

Sorry, but saying it's bad design because you want it to be flat like Targis and other ones and calling it S#&$ty does already show how little variety you'd like to have in the game.

The Hulta, Targis and Pakal chests are a way and the Riv Elite, Nidina, Edo, Spritsail and Atavist are another one. Not all of them need to cover all of them. The great thing about the armor sets is precisely the variety in them, because much before any of those came out we had 4, and let me tell you, they were much more minimalistic.

And no, I'm not supporting bad design, because that you don't like it doesn't make it "bad design". If you want to see bad design you can go play Prince of Persia 2008.

Also I've never supported the change of the look of items beyind conception post release, instead asking for the next one to please cover a sector that is indeed not precisely abundant in the game.

No where do I say I want it to be flat. I am just stating that I want it to scale appropriately. 

I have no problem with specific armor design having attributes that don't cover the entire chest. But at least scale the armor appropriately to the frames chest, shoulders and legs so that it doesn't look like little mag swapped armor with big rhino and the size didn't increase. 

This is not an inappropriate request. 

20 minutes ago, GA-Bulletproof said:

No where do I say I want it to be flat. I am just stating that I want it to scale appropriately. 

I have no problem with specific armor design having attributes that don't cover the entire chest. But at least scale the armor appropriately to the frames chest, shoulders and legs so that it doesn't look like little mag swapped armor with big rhino and the size didn't increase. 

This is not an inappropriate request. 

Now, that's something else :P Since you said you wanted it wider, what I understood was "make it like when I put the width on a sigil" (so deforming it).

Warframe0097.jpg

Warframe0098.jpg

Since the armor set seems like it should be using roughly the Daedalus chest piece scaling, I believe they should be able to make it a tad bigger without the Lotus clipping into his face (be aware the bigger the armor is they'll need to position it upper in the height axis so it does look centered). I don't think they can make it as wide as Targis though, because of the shape of the armor (it's going to stick out on top or bottom)

The arms, in my honest opinion, look good. They could become obstrusive in the reticle if they went too far beyond. The leg pieces I'm not sure, because scaling it bigger means it'll end up clipping through the feet (you can see it's carefully scaled right now, with an arc precisely taking the shape of the bottom leg/feet transition shape).

Edited by NightmareT12

4 minutes ago, GA-Bulletproof said:

No this is what i mean

https://imgur.com/a/RDLxb

Why is it the same size?

Shoulders are just slightly bigger on Rhino.

Ah! You should have specified you were using a skin! :P

If I am not mistaken the Deluxe skins have their own scaling/position options for the devs to use. Yes, I think the chest could be bigger there, but I guess they made the shoulder plates like that because the Palatine skin shoulders are actually super round and making them bigger looks like it could potentially make them go straight into his biceps.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb NightmareT12:

Ah! You should have specified you were using a skin! :P

If I am not mistaken the Deluxe skins have their own scaling/position options for the devs to use. Yes, I think the chest could be bigger there, but I guess they made the shoulder plates like that because the Palatine skin shoulders are actually super round and making them bigger looks like it could potentially make them go straight into his biceps.

Well i guess now we're on the same page XD. But the shoulders need some adjustment on that skin still ^^

The torso plate definitely has some scale issues

on some frames like Harrow, its abnormally small

Warframe0303.jpg

and on frames that are supposed to have the torso armor scaled up, it barely changes from its default size

Warframe0304.jpg

its position and size are also considerably different when you compare it on mirage prime vs the preview image we were given 

Warframe0306.jpg

7 hours ago, alexmach1 said:

Warframe0303.jpg

and on frames that are supposed to have the torso armor scaled up, it barely changes from its default size

Warframe0304.jpg

its position and size are also considerably different when you compare it on mirage prime vs the preview image we were given 

Warframe0306.jpg

Again, clipping issues. Equip Harrow's default helmet and look at what would happen if it'd be scaled up. For Frost it'd get inside the neck. And Mirage's promo pic I can see it's tilted towards the screen only to look good lol Smart DE...

vor 9 Stunden schrieb alexmach1:

Warframe0303.jpg

Warframe0304.jpg

Warframe0306.jpg

Thanks for this comparison. Did you also post this somewhere else to maybe draw some attention to it? 

4 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

Again, clipping issues. Equip Harrow's default helmet and look at what would happen if it'd be scaled up. For Frost it'd get inside the neck. And Mirage's promo pic I can see it's tilted towards the screen only to look good lol Smart DE...

Harrow's default helmet clips with himself

as for Frost, you can clearly see the spritsail and targis armors don't go inside the neck despite being larger and sitting higher, and those are just 2 examples

other torso pieces like the riv series, the gazal plate, hulta guard, and pakal chest sit much higher and larger than atavist all without issue for both of them

Edited by alexmach1

Yeah, I tried it on different frames and the pieces don't scale well. Mirage has a female body and tiny limbs, so the armor looks fine but everything looks very small on male models. Didn't try on every single frame, but a few I tried it didn't look good. Which is dissapointing since it is a prime accessory.

Please look into it.