Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Equinox's Pacify & Provoke issue [possible bug traced]

No_Quarter

recently I started messing around with Equinox's Duality build.
Turns out it is a lot of fun, for it you should maximize duration and give as much ability strength as possible so your Metamorphosis boosts are stronger.
I ended up having Duality active for 20 seconds, Metamorphosis effects last for 70 and for that I had to trade ability range which is now at 34% and I have no efficiency.

It is a build for close combat so for higher level missions I need strong armor boost for Night Form, in order to get that I can trigger Provoke in Day Form and get boost to ability strength when swittching to Night Mode causing me to get more armor.

Now, issue begins when I start to repeat that tactic.
When casting Provoke - those traces spawn and go in circles around your ability range. That' neat.
But when I turn off Provoke those traces are still running.
When I switch ot Night Mode, those traces are still running.

Now the best part comes, when I return to Day Form and trigger Provoke one more time - it spawns another circle of those traces flying around, right together with the circle from the first Provoke cast that is not effectife atm.
Third one causes more.
Now imagine 20 minutes of survival, how many times do I need to trigger it.....

If you thought that's the best part hear this - in that build my Provoke range is 5.44 meters meaning I CANNOT SEE ANYTHING!!!
Quite as I said, after 10-15 casts there is A WALL in front of me.

I kinda have doubts this was intended, is it a known bug, did it come recently?
Shouldn't those traces be gone after I disable the ability?

Here is a screenshot of an issue, I could spam 3 more to make it look worse but this was simulation of how I would do it in high level play, casting Provoke before going into Night Mode each time.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1230251295

My rig

FX-4170@4.7, R9 270x 2GB, 16GB Kingston Hyper-X DDR3 RAM 1866, potato hard drive, Windows 8.1

EDIT: As user Snib discovered, having "Particle System Quality" on Low caused this problem. Medium and High settings do not trigger this behavior

Edited by No_Quarter
added possible fix

I noticed it piling up few times but I was not doing too much lvl 80+ missions where I really needed that boost every time, for most common missions lvl 20-40 I do not do that. This morning I was farming Mirage relics and did solo defenses so I tried it out and result is as you see it, each and every time.

Mods in my Loadout:

Corrosive Projection, Narrow Minded, Blind Rage, Intensify, Constitution, Continuity, Duality, Vitality, Augur Message and Handspring for instant comeback, all maxed.

Here is the result of spamming 3 in sumulacrum http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1230311859

First I thought that maybe Augur Message is responsible as it has sort or secondary part but taking it out didn't hep. Now I tested it in simulacrum and even with Peaceful Provocation build, strength plus range, I also get a wall of traces, but at least it is 37.6 meters away from me so game is playable. I tested it with empty loadout, 0 mods, still happening. For me there is no way for it not to happen.

And in Display settings my Particle System Quality is set to low, I have no idea what other settings could effect it. Or anything else by those means

3 hours ago, No_Quarter said:

And in Display settings my Particle System Quality is set to low, I have no idea what other settings could effect it. 

Bingo, that's the one. I couldn't repro it even using your exact build on my graphics settings (all maxed out), but as soon as I set particle quality to low it behaved exactly as you described (no matter the build). Medium and High seem to work fine (if you've already got the particles on the screen then they will stay until you open the arsenal). Maybe your system can handle medium, should be fine for you then.

But this is definitely a bug, should be fixed.

That's a nice find :)

I reduced it when PoE came out and Hemocyte battle caused me drops below 50fps which made it strange to aim. Reducing Particle System Quality helped, probably because everyone was spamming abilities and tons of enemies died because of that. I do get 70-110 FPS depending on the situation, won't be fighting Hemocytes anytime soon so will revert setting for now as apart from that I never had considerable drops with that on medium, thank you!