Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity (Carolus) WIP new project

• 2 weeks later...

Very insectoid/scarab-like, especially with the mandibles just over the cloth bit, at the bottom of the helmet. Looks cool, only critique is that the blue details at the front of the helmet look a bit too much like sunglasses over a smiley face, and now I can't unsee that..

qIsVmWJ.jpg

I would futz with the geometry around the 'eyes' to obfuscate that shape a bit. Other than that, I'm loving this. I especially like the little ridged details in the blue material on the body, really makes the texture on the other materials pop quite a bit. Also, kudos to actually putting that strange metallic filigree on his chest to use, with the gold pieces.

Thanks for the input yeah helmet is definitely gonna go through more iterations ,i thought of the  "glasses"  as a sort of visor that hides the "eyes" need to think how to make them less explicit though DE lately straight up put eyes on some frames like mirage prime.Still thinking of how i can add some hint of usability to the chest piece it's so weird it's not even one it's three different meshes put together.

Try avoiding pattern like that ( hexagonal/carbon fibre etc). It looks too artificial like it's software generated. It clashes badly with warframe's more irregular art style. Your previous patterning are already on the right track

Well, are you going for an overall insectoid theme? With the helmet I can definitely see it, so maybe something leathery and rough to evoke the flesh between chitin plates. Sort of like the textures that Faven used for the Graxx Excalibur/Nyx shoulders, if you've seen that. Something rough and weathered to contrast the textures of the outer plating?

I am trying to go for a desert warrior/ nomad theme which can still work with insectoid i'll check some reference images thanks. I tried putting some snake or reptilian patterns but it didn't look good. Maybe it'll work better in Substance Painter i should do some experiments.
Leather is interesting, i am trying to avoid Faven's style, because i learned a lot from his latest streams and it's easy to go there but i don't want this to come off as a Graxx knockoff.
So no stitches for example which leather really asks for.