Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pets 2.0 - Fish treats as temporary buffs?

lexandritte

Hello Tenno, DE.

So, I had this idea at the back of my mind.

Considering two things:

1. We now have "edible" resources in game, namely whole bunch of fish, some animal parts (delicious condroc wings) and fruits, which are starting to pile up, especially raw fish meat and oil

2. Pets 2.0 is coming at some point, hopefully soon, giving love to Kavats and Kubrows.

Can we make the two things go together? Take all the excess fish parts and make consumables for pets out of them?

I'm thinking something basic along the lines of +x% health / damage for an hour or so with common materials, then get into more exotic stuff with rarer fish parts. Crit chance/damage boost with Karkina antennas treat, bonus toxin damage with Khut-Khut venom sacs, Status chance with Murkay liver, something really exotic with Seram beetles and so on.

Master Teasonai can sell blueprints for all that, since he's all about the animals and his current stock is 5 items. We can easily have one-two dozen of various combinations of foods for various buffs. Maybe even min-max system like links. Above-mentioned venom sacs can even reduce your pet health while they add bonus damage.

In my mind, it'd kill three birds with one stone - take care of excess resources, give pets an extra layer of temporary customization, and give us an option to express our love for our pets with delicious rare food.

Just don't make one of the treats and a temporary vacuum effect on a pet, that should really be a constant thing.