Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Mag is OP challenge] Prove it!

Asdryu

Since there's a pretty good assassination today [Raptor physical enhancement] I want see those proofs that Mag is not good, but CRAZY good as some says.
And I mean MAG, not Lanka nor Supra, or anything that's crazy good only thanks to magnetize.

Prove to this community that she's good even at surviving. 

The challenge is pretty simple: no lanka or anything above (use torid too if you want) and no deaths. Just your regular/meta weapons
[Optional]: no operator/gear items as a bonus.

I/"we" should lose pretty easily

'specially since I've done it myself

I would add a time limit, but that would basically be me telling you how to play.

Edited by Asdryu

This challenge is pretty dumb in my opinion. Mag isn't a boss killer, she is meant for survivals, no reason to try and make her what she isn't. (I'm not home right now to even try this challenge, not that I would anyways) Also, you can't say no to any weapon, just because mag is good with lanka, doesn't make mag bad. That would be like me saying that 'you need to prove to me that Mesa is good, but you aren't allowed to use any guns, only bring a melee, because she is only good with guns so you need to prove otherwise'.

I mean, I think even the people that say mag is "crazy good" know that the main reason why is for her magnetize. Honestly I don't see the point of this challenge, it's like saying prove to me that exalted blade excal is really good without using any melee mods when eb excal is based off melee mods. Your taking away the whole thing which makes mag op op, the magnetize weapon combo.

10 minutes ago, Asdryu said:

Since there's a pretty good assassination today [Raptor physical enhancement] I want see those proofs that Mag is not good, but CRAZY good as some says.
And I mean MAG, not Lanka nor Supra, or anything that's crazy good only thanks to magnetize.

Prove to this community that she's good even at surviving. 

The challenge is pretty simple: no lanka or anything above (use torid too if you want) and no deaths. Just your regular/meta weapons
[Optional]: no operator/gear items as a bonus.

Hide contents

'specially since I've done it myself

I would add a time limit, but that would basically be me telling you how to play.

1ppi4p.jpg

And btw since Mag depends on weapons to be good, guess she sucks. Oke

Edited by -Bittersteel-

Lets check:

Mag has: CC, Medium AoE Damage, Mag Bubble
Boss: CC Imun, High Health and HP Protection against Magnetic, Mag Bubble Melee not so good against Flying.

So Mag is in a Disadvantage.

I already did this quest and have to work till the new quests are up.
But i see no Problem in doing it.
Take a good Opticore Build as Weapon and go.

Bubble someone, near a ventilation and jump in the bubble.
you see the Raptor, go out fire and kill it ( 1-3 Shots ) 
Use 1 or 4 to kick enemys from feet take the energy core and use it.
repeat 3x and it´s done.

Been using and hyping Mag but she’s still too squishy if anyone will take this challenge may I suggest rolling instead of bulleting. This I learned on my first boss fight with Vor with Mag as starter. Relearned it when I saw a streamer use the same tactic- just roll in and out of her bubbles. Yes it’s a camp-y tactic but what does Frost and Limbo do in deadly missions anyway? 

If you can no longer bubble the boss because of the cap, then bubble the minions spawning to flank you. 

Lanka is not the only way by the way. Youtubers use myriad of weapons from beam to punch through to elementals like OP said

3 minutes ago, Frankdark said:

Lets check:

Mag has: CC, Medium AoE Damage, Mag Bubble
Boss: CC Imun, High Health and HP Protection against Magnetic, Mag Bubble Melee not so good against Flying.

So Mag is in a Disadvantage.

I already did this quest and have to work till the new quests are up.
But i see no Problem in doing it.
Take a good Opticore Build as Weapon and go.

Bubble someone, near a ventilation and jump in the bubble.
you see the Raptor, go out fire and kill it ( 1-3 Shots ) 
Use 1 or 4 to kick enemys from feet take the energy core and use it.
repeat 3x and it´s done.

I like this guy already.

You see, I don't have problems admitting the flaws that Mags has, but I've seen some comments attacking people like: "omg noob. Unistall you don't how to use Mag. You do not deserve to play!"

If Mag is a very VERY good frame, then she shouldn't rely on Lanka and Mitter alone and we shouldn't have many problems seeing a proof of what I'm asking.

Also, what some people that don't like her are trying to say is that she's mainly still a one trick pony and she's disposable by some other frames, but then there's the classic white crusade that just comes in with its righteous indignation telling you what you should do.

1 minute ago, Asdryu said:

I like this guy already.

You see, I don't have problems admitting the flaws that Mags has, but I've seen some comments attacking people like: "omg noob. Unistall you don't how to use Mag. You do not deserve to play!"

If Mag is a very VERY good frame, then she shouldn't rely on Lanka and Mitter alone and we shouldn't have many problems seeing a proof of what I'm asking.

Also, what some people that don't like her are trying to say is that she's mainly still a one trick pony and she's disposable by some other frames, but then there's the classic white crusade that just comes in with its righteous indignation telling you what you should do.

So basically this one sided challenge is just a meta complaint about other users. So you want people to do a challenge that is designed to be frustrating/impossible just so you can have your one up in a toxic discussion....

again... seriously...

16 minutes ago, Airwolfen said:

This is like asking someone to prove that excal/valkyr/mesa and anyother frame that uses synergies with weapons in general is OP but without melee mods/ pistal mods / or any other weapon.

Seriously...

No, no and no :D
You see?! How many people you see using Lanka instead of Vectis? Torid seems like a very good weapon to me for magnetize. Mutatlist Cernos, Daikyu, Cernos Prime, Pox, Detron.

I just said stuff like Lanka/Miter. If we have to take all of these justifications rather than proofs it just means that LANKA is OP. I want to remove Supra from it, honestly, but I want to see this creativity

Again, I'm not that good yet I did it

Edited by Asdryu

Well you have to take it into context. She is bashed as trash, useless etc so the indignation is not coming out of self righteousness alone

Some feminists can be over the top but it doesn’t mean their issues are suddenly null. Are we just gonna avoid sexual misconduct in the media because feminist agenda? 

Truth is truth. Mag is nowhere near OP nor trash this game scales to one shotting enemies to being one shot yourself 

i can't tell if op is saying mag is useless or that she is op. seriously confused, am i missing something? mag is one of my go to for sortie bosses like raptor, vay hek, ambulas, pretty much anything annoying to aim at... (the bonus damage and insta shield regen is a bonus to support the whole squad i guess) as for outside bosses, welp just yesterday i managed to both out damage and out kill an equinox in a t3 defense fissure. Her downfall are those limited energy pool sorties, those could end her if you don't parkour enough.

to the mentioned weapons : i don't even own a lanka nor a supra, a hek/drakgoon/detron/vectis/pandero/anything does the job well for me

It’s not just her magnetize though. Punch through mods, status effect mods with radiation or gas will copy the meta guns. My Attica arrows can do well if modded right 

Her parkour (mostly rolls for -75% damage taken) has to be top notch or the survivability part will get you. Some mains suggest equilibrium, I’ve seen LifeofRio use rejuvenate on her too- her hp has to be modded somehow 

Any projectile weapon with punch-through or AoE works well with Magnetize.

• Boltor Prime with Shred
  • Detron with Seeker
  • Arca Plasmor
  • Zarr(cannon mode)
  • Torid
  • Pox
  • Surprisingly, Scourge and Ferrox both deal a lot of damage when thrown into the bubble. Sometimes the spreagun will not land on the ground. They will keep spinning at the center, turning the bubble into a blender.

Other potential weapon includes:

• Ogris with Nightwatch Napalm
  • Weapon with bouncing projectiles. Ex: Drakgoon, Prisma Tetra with Kinetic Ricochet, etc.
  • Hema
  • Paracyst
  • Harpak
  • Mutalist Quanta(especially its secondary fire)
  • Staticor
  • etc

Edited by yles9056

9 minutes ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

i can't tell if op is saying mag is useless or that she is op. seriously confused, am i missing something? mag is one of my go to for sortie bosses like raptor, vay hek, ambulas, pretty much anything annoying to aim at... (the bonus damage and insta shield regen is a bonus to support the whole squad i guess) as for outside bosses, welp just yesterday i managed to both out damage and out kill an equinox in a t3 defense fissure. Her downfall are those limited energy pool sorties, those could end her if you don't parkour enough.

to the mentioned weapons : i don't even own a lanka nor a supra, a hek/drakgoon/detron/vectis/pandero/anything does the job well for me

I'm none: I'm simply being neutral.
I like her but admit her flaws. I just find people from time to time saying that she might be even better than Frost and that you should unistall if you think the opposite. Now I simply want to see stuff like this in action.

Any love for the drakgoon :c?

1 minute ago, yles9056 said:

Any projectile weapon with punch-through or AoE works well with Magnetize.

• Boltor Prime with Shred
  • Detron with Seeker
  • Arca Plasmor
  • Zarr(cannon mode)
  • Torid
  • Pox
  • Surprisingly, Scourge and Ferrox both deal a lot of damage when thrown into the bubble. Sometimes the spreagun will not land on the ground, resulting in high damage.

Haven't tried Ogris with Nightwatch Napalm, but I think it will work well.

Edited by Asdryu

28 minutes ago, Asdryu said:

I'm none: I'm simply being neutral.
I like her but admit her flaws. I just find people from time to time saying that she might be even better than Frost and that you should unistall if you think the opposite. Now I simply want to see stuff like this in action.

Any love for the drakgoon :c?

Fair enough, i was just confused by the wordings. Saying she excels compared to frost in damage dealing, maybe. But in defense? Eh...

Drakgoon with the ricochet mod and a multishot + charge rate riven paired with mag is hillariously deadly lmao, it's like a laser show with all those energy trails

When the frame is made to master projectile weapons, starting the challenge removing most of them is pretty dumb imo. But hey, just give me a Zenistar and I'll multiply it with magnetize too... 

Just take Pantera, Mutalist Quanta, and most weapons other frames won't use. Mag is a special frame using special gear and achieving that special cheese only if you have the special skill. 

If you can't handle Mag just give her a break and play frames like Nidus :clem:

In defense Mag will build full range, throw some projectiles into her death blender and cast 1 to pull mobs into it, safe and deadly.

Finished 

spy: I was carried by the stealth frames Lokis and Ivaras lol. Did mostly defensive pull to survive 

rescue: I found the hostage so that evens things out. Pull and defensive parkour did the work, since magnetize is static it was not that useful 

assassination: managed to bubble that boss twice but forgot what to do with the bomb drop lol. Its weakness is at the base, so you see 0 dps tics when the bullets hit anything but that base

Rhino and Nova carried with slow and armor, I was parkouring my way to the balcony to peek for magnetize bubble like another poster suggested.

Which sets up the second tip for Mag. Don’t revive with the frame, use void mode operator. I revived a pet and the other squishy frame with this tactic. 

Used Attica with shred (more punch through plus speed for more arrows per sec) Added status effect with gas which hits corpus harder according to loading screen. Mag was modded with energy siphon aura for bubbles plus energy and hp mods  

Edited by (PS4)Chel-El