Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Mag is OP challenge] Prove it!

Asdryu

My "proof" that made my clan mates think twice about Mag was doing over 70% of the total damage in a 30 wave defense on Io - Jupiter, in a group of 4.  Granted, there wasn't a big AoE frame besides me, but holding the other 3 warframes to single digit damage percent made me happy!  Their was a Frost, Excal, and Chroma, none of them using garbage weapons.  

MAg has her Pro and Con´s!

She is not overpowerd but also not underpowerd.

The biggest problem in my opinion is here very limited defens. Thats why she has to rely on Magnetize.
And this ability is a very good Double egde sword.

For a good team, it´s like a Frost Dome and Saryn Combinted.
For random players it can be nerfing becouse shot´s can´t hit like there used to, 
And their damage feeds the aoe explosion of a other frame.

Here Skills are a bit limited BUT WAY BETTER THAN MAG in here OLD Days as ANTI CORPUS MONSTER
For me she needs a bit of a rework to make here more difers BUT A LOT OF FRAMES are WAY MORE IN NEED of THAT

You guys clearly have no clue. So addicted to those pansies fire arms. Shame on you!
We are NINJAS for heavens sake. Leave your gunplay for COD or Battlefield.

I will teach you the ways of MAG-DO

Bring Prisma Obex + Entropy Detonation
Mod Mag for Max Range
Use 1 to pull all enemies from 70 meters away into melee range
Ground Finish any 1 of them and thanks to Entropy Detonation, all of them will explode
This is how you profit.

You're welcome.
IMNISCOR, God among insects.

Edited by Imniscor

Mag is decent solely because of her 2. A well designed frame is a frame that can use each power viably in multiple situations.
Excalibur is fine in this case, while Volt will be perfect after the ultimate damage cap changes (even with/without some sort of range/duration nerf compromise).
The only odd duck starter frame left will be Mag. With Polarize having pitiful scaling, and Crush being even worse.

Edited by GreyEnneract

@GreyEnneractTo quote the Flash, I feel that’s an oversimplification

did the 1st sortie in this challenge with her 1 so how can you say her 2 alone works? In a speed rescue run, her 2 will be left behind quickly 

in the hijack sorite with Leohantis her 3 was meta so that invalidates your point yet again 

fissures, plains, farming all are mid level let’s not act as if we’re all forced to face level 100 heavy gunners here 

15 minutes ago, (PS4)Chel-El said:

how can you say her 2 alone works? 

Where. As a side note to whoever actually does the OP's challenge (not my concern), obviously there needs to be video evidence. Anyone can claim they did something.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Chel-El said:

in the hijack sorite with Leohantis her 3 was meta so that invalidates your point yet again 

This is false in more ways than one. "Meta" and viable have different meanings for one, and Polarize being "meta" doesn't add up with frame usage stats. Also, infested don't have armor. Very telling.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)Chel-El said:

fissures, plains, farming all are mid level let’s not act as if we’re all forced to face level 100 heavy gunners here 

No one brought up fighting level 100 gunners, and even if they did those levels of enemies are faced in Sortie 3.
The energy spent to armor shredded ratio offers poor returns for Polarize. Especially when compared to other abilities.
With Crush being orders of magnitude worse in regards to being effective. It literally took a specific 4 CP, damage amplifying squad set up to make Crush useful.
Newer players (console) just don't know that Mag's core gameplay went from using 2, to after the rework being...still using 2 as the staple.
The abilities were just changed, and their power orders swapped.

There's a reason why gifting Mags to Warframe youtubers is a meme. 

8 minutes ago, GreyEnneract said:

No one brought up fighting level 100 gunners, and even if they did those levels of enemies are faced in Sortie 3.
The energy spent to armor shredded ratio offers poor returns for Polarize. Especially when compared to other abilities.

Every Mag haters seem to completely forget about Magnetize.

Mag can kill lv.100 gunners without stripping their armor, but you'll need to use weapons that works well with Magnetize such as Detron.

3 minutes ago, yles9056 said:

Mag haters

Who here hates Mag?

4 minutes ago, yles9056 said:

Mag can kill lv.100 gunners without stripping their armor, but you'll need to use weapons that works well with Magnetize such as Detron.

Look at my first post. If anything you're just reinforcing my argument. Quite humorous.

Hijack missions use the squads’ shields as the fuel to run the cart or the core. Polarize works because it regenerates the shields, not because it strips. 

This is why it’s important to see the context and situation not just the enemy faction. 

This is the common error I often see in posts that look down on polarize: Focusing on one aspect and calling it weak when it does 5 things in one cast. It is utility. 

On corpus or corrupted it shatters shields to targets next to each other

On defensive types it protects objectives 

On the plains it strips armor.

On eidolon hunts and hijack it mitigates shield loss

On solo it regenerates you when proc

It’s multidimensional and ofc haters that debate on one dimension will win on that dimension 

I forgot about this post almost. Challenge is ended so I don't see the point of continuing it.

Also nobody catched the point. I thought I made myself clear that I was being facetious and most of all neutral.

People are always upset of other people making fun of them for not knowing how to use Mag and when there's a video of how strong she can be they get sassy saying: "I thought this video was about Mag not Lanka". There's the other way around that's like: "you do not know how to use Mag. You should unistall or revisit ALL of your builds. ALL of them!" (this is to me the least aggressive one of the bunch that I saw lately at least)

I'll repeat this again: I absolutely love Mag, but not for this I'll say that she's OP or crazy good like some claim.
She has her flaws, yes, but there's no need to get so aggressive :D

I'm using her right now and I love her kit, feels like I'm using something with telekinetic powers. Also love her new skin, only grudge being the color combination.

Now, another point of this topic: some people claim that her magnetize can work as good as Frost's globe for defensive capabilities.
False

• 1st flaw: you need targets to create a bubble
  • 2nd flaw: magnetize WON'T protect you from explosives when inside it at all, in fact, it might as well make them more dangerous. Dunno, didn't test it.

Not gonna lie, this came with a selfish and veiled intent wich was to see something a bit more creative rather than the classic Lanka, Supra or Miter and TRUST ME, THERE IS MORE than simply this.

Like some people tried to make it obvious, you can use any projectile weapon and stick punch through in it to make it have good synergy with Magnetize. My weapon of choice for this is (Mara) Detron: Innate Radiation to put knock out any obonxious ancient out of the way and deal with it later if the explosion won't.
Yet they're not the only weapons being good at it. Beam weapons make some sense and Javlok wich shouldn't have punch through because reasons, is awesome.

And boy oh boy THIS (I honestly forgot about it): 
16 hours ago, Imniscor said:

You guys clearly have no clue. So addicted to those pansies fire arms. Shame on you!
We are NINJAS for heavens sake. Leave your gunplay for COD or Battlefield.

I will teach you the ways of MAG-DO

Bring Prisma Obex + Entropy Detonation
Mod Mag for Max Range
Use 1 to pull all enemies from 70 meters away into melee range
Ground Finish any 1 of them and thanks to Entropy Detonation, all of them will explode
This is how you profit.

You're welcome.
IMNISCOR, God among insects.

WARNING: Diablo 3 reference for those who can't understand.

Has anyone tried an exploding palm build? Because this is exactly what happens when you do this and Mag can and will do this!

this topic actually made me go for sorties more, so thanks for the challenge.

today's corpus sortie helps in discussing polarize's abilities outside of the usual armor strip mindset...

DRICP67W0AEc3Ph.jpg

take a look at the data

minimap: polarize thrives in red clusters like this.

(and when there's no red blip which is common in the plains, polarize can track targets using the dps numbers that show in the cast. )

blue numbers/white numbers: shields removed and shield shatter damage

defense objective: this was a mobile operative specter w/ 1600 shields that can be restored with polarize

right side numbers: quick look can help you top off shields of squadmates 600 100 400 700. 

DRICThGW4AgR55B.jpg

shields are dropping! we went from above numbers to 119, 100, 0, 700.  tenno operative lost 1000 shield points. a quick polarize can undo this and prevent further chip. but it's not a Trinity blessing so they can still die ofc. there are actually 4 bubbles here, ones is bursting near my pet mini mag. this is why she can do defense just as Frost. these bubbles burst, trap, add multiplier and cover. 

DP5MEk1W4AERMsp.jpg:large

normal defense setup with static cryopod objective. 5800 shields. only 2 entrances that can be effectively blocked

that polarize cast is creating shards for the bubbles, restoring allies, stripping and shattering shields, restoring the pod, restoring mag and kubrow all in one cast. deceptively "weak" when you look at one aspect alone.

if you zoom in, you can and will find magnetize targets. just looking at general direction of targets can anchor a bubble.

I have bubbled enemies at 100m in the plains. it takes practice and persistence but you can get those bubble anchors 

DOunaDqXUAIPwxv.jpg

zoom for precise bubbles

DOuoTu2XUAUA5uB.jpg

sniper was barely visible until bubble DOyLtIBWkAAPEoj.jpglevel 6 rifle boosted by magnetize's multiplier

DRIPdPMXcAAsuT5.jpg

fashion and function 

one bullet jump is around 10m, you can see the extent of your Mag's abilities. 

that 11m  range on polarize is for the shield shatter, not that it's duration that extends her 3 further so build wisely. I chose augur message, constitution but can add continuity if maxing polarize

Edited by (PS4)Chel-El

First I thought what were they thinking giving her that aura polarity? So I forma her to — for energy siphon 

Then I learned from LifeofRio how to mod weapons like the Galatine with viral status proc to hit health instead of armor

With lifestrike (melee lifesteal) melee Mag becomes so much more durable. I dare go inside the bubble now and join the fun.

Modded with rage & its hunter mod equivalent, damage taken gives me more energy so it’s a continuous supply of lifesteal and energy if you are very aggressive. 

I suggest this is you want a change of pace from the defensive style of bubble bulleting & camping (which is how she’s good in survival since someone asked by the way) 

Pull to a quick melee is fun too it’s like playing baseball or tennis. Will test with whips and the candy cane scythes