Coming Soon: 2017's Final Devstream #103!

[DE]Rebecca

On 12/14/2017 at 5:15 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Devstream103_1080p.jpg2017’s Final Devstream is coming! Join us this Friday, December 15th for Devstream #103.

Who:  Rebecca, Steve, Sheldon, Scott & Geoff are here to say goodbye until 2018!  

What:  We will be taking a look at Warframe’s last major Update of the year (hopefully.. if things go according to plan) which includes Khora and so much more! We will also be running another Twitch Drops test – how it’ll go, nobody knows! Tune in to participate in the Drop campaign which requires 30 minutes of cumulative Devstream viewtime with a Twitch Linked account. What is the drop this time around? Exilus Adaptor, round 2. Let’s do this, Tenno.

Prizes? Why yes, we will be giving away 3 x 1000 Platinum Prizes and during the Livestream as well as a Mirage Prime Access!

Where: Find us at: twitch.tv/Warframe

When: Join us this December 15th at 2 p.m ET!  

This thread closes at 10 a.m. on December 15th – get your questions in! We ask you for your favourite Warframe 2017 Memory in addition to a question! As many of us will begin our holidays, we’d love to reflect on your favourite Warframe moment of 2017 so we can create more of the positive experiences in 2018. We know 2017 hasn’t been a perfect year of course, Tenno. Sometimes knowing what you loved is just as important as knowing what you didn’t like (which we’ve got lists and lists of).

excited now. You make it sound like this is a pretty big update :P I am very excited now :P

As for questions:

1 - Any news on the frame AFTER Khora?
2 - Any news at all, on the next open world?
3 - Any news on more unique weapons? You've done quite an amazing job this year with weapons. Almost every time, new weapons amaze and dazzle with their very unique, interesting quirks. Can you make more and better next year?
4 - Don't give too many spoilers, but what's your biggest plan for 2018? Are you going to reveal something at tennocon 2018 that will honestly shock us? Something we REALLY didn't expect? (yes/no)
5 - What did you learn from 2017? What was your biggest challenge (besides PoE itself), and what new information and knowledge will you carry into 2018?

6 - Lastly, any news on Vulkan support and Dx12 support for the game? Will that be a long-term goal for 2018/2019?

my favourite warframe moment of 2017 has to be DE Steve's live periscope feed for U22 Plains of Eidolon !  a nail-biting rollercoaster of anticipation  :highfive:

my question:-  what were your memorable warframe moments of 2017 ?  you must've had so many 'highs & lows' mixed together, but what springs to mind ?  :nerd:

My favorite Warframe moment of 2017 was in the Saya Quest where I encountered the first time the Teralyst. I was in "aaaw" as it was walking out of the lake and Vay Heks Voiceline was also a perfect delivery: "It's so beautiful. KILL IT." Also the whole fight against it later on is really fun and enjoyable.

To my Question:

How are your plans for the upcoming year in regards of technical improvements and quality of life improvements?

Example:

• Like improving UI: Especially Map and Chatsystem
  • AI improvement: Less chicken head Grineer/Corpus
  • Dojo/Clan Improvement: Current Dojo Tiles can't be fully colored, if you color the Tenno Lab for example it also colors the Frames in it, more free points for Decorations, splitting the Rights between setting decoration and deconstruction rooms (i mean one is like making bad decoration placements at worst while the other means a member can destroy the complete Dojo and it shares the same right), more freely building of rooms (currently I can't set my Clan Halls freely they are requirments for each other), maybe more decorations (i am also willing to spend plat for cool stuff like pictures/wallpapers), graphical update of some decorations (the banner look extremly low res.), music in Dojos.
  • Decorations: This is basically the same for Dojo as also Ship. Can we have like a ghost mod? Like floating around so it is easier to set certain decorations.
  • Market: Can we get a category for Seasonal Items and Free Stuff?

Only a few examples.

I've been wondering ever since the second dream, is it at all a possibility that somewhere down the road you could work on a second solar system, the one that the sentients terraformed? This solar system could have all new planets with new tilesets and stuff but all the enemies would be different types of sentient enemies, and perhaps they could only be fought by your operator. This would give a meaning to all the farming done on PoE to get more powerful operators because currently the only purpose the operators have is killing eidolons. I think this would be an extremely cool adition to the game but I realise that this would be a ridiculously large project, so I'm just wondering if something like this has been discussed at all as something of a possibility in the future?

My favorite Warframe moment is actually the whole year. To everyone at Digital Extremes I want to say thank you for such an amazing game and making me feel like family even tho we don't even know each other. I have been playing for a little over a year and still love it, and love the way you  communicate with the community with Dev, prime time, xbox at one, and PS4 at 4 streams even tho Dev streams are on work days lol but really thanks for an amazing year.

Im a veteran player from when it was just the grineer and corpus tile sets in the game.

1st Question: As a massive ember fan I would like to know is there any chance to bring back her original 4th ability world on fire through augment mods? Her potential as an endgame frame is hampered by the fact her 4th ability is RNG based. 

2nd Question: Every since first encountering the stalker i have dreamed of versing/playing him. Recently you have shown players playing him in matches, can this be a element that can be enabled/disabled for players? None pvpers can keep it disabled and others can have it enabled. I for one would love to fight a more intelegent stalker/zanuka/G3 as they are very easy to cheese down.

3rd Question: In regards to relics. Could there be a way use them like the old tower key systems? For example rather then waiting for a endless relic fissure to pop up, we could go to pluto and start a relic on a survival there. This would allow players with less time a more effiecent way to farm relics. Clearly restricting it to liths on mercury etc.

4th Quesion: 100 person last man standing death matches are very popular recently. Could the plains be used for such a thing? It might not be for everyone but could you imagine given the speed of the game play mixed in with this element how much fun it could be. Wouldnt need vehicles or gear or weapon drops. Just remove enemies dump 100 players in with their best conclave gear and let them go for broke.

I would also like to add I have watched this game evolve as you guys have worked and I must say that Im not one who is easily impressed and since returning for your plains patch I am indeed very impressed.

Memory Completing The War Within and The Chains of Harrow were enjoyable experiences, and will definitely rank with the joy of taking flight on an archwing in the plains. Thanks DE, for not letting us down.

Question The coding achievements that made the Plains even possible is a testament to your dedication to this game, and the community. There have been graphical improvements, audio improvements, and gameplay and progression updates that have made this game outstanding compared to where it was four years ago.

When will this game come out of beta? Players have poured an unbelievable amount of time and money into this passion project. Isn't it time for the game to have a dedicated endgame paradigm and an expected release date?

Question: When do you expect to expect new locations with the open world?

The best memory of 2017 is to return to the game again after a long treatment and struggle with cancer and see how the world of the game has changed for the better and how many new and wonderful adventures in it and the joy of exploring it all.

Thanks to all the DE team for what you created and what you do with us you give us the desire to achieve goals and achieve the desired, happy holidays and Christmas, you guys are the best, from Russian Siberia with love and respect DemiurgReal.

I have many questions but I will limit myself to 4 major questions:

1: Solar Rail Conflicts

When will the ceasefire on the Solar Rail war be called off? the Orokin Lab is currently only useful for Dragon Keys, as Solar Rails and Specter Regiments are not usable since Armistice is in effect.

2: More Community designed Frames:

So many people have great ideas for frames, but little to none of them get attention as far as I know. I myself have a great idea based on the mythological character Benkei. Since the character was defined by taking the weapons of every warrior he came across, the frame would be about using all of the "exalted" weapons in weird and cool combinations. However, I have not had the drive to fully think out the frame due to how little fan content aside from skins and the occasional weapon gets recognised

3: More stuff for Side Characters:

We have a large collection of side characters such as Maroo, Baro, Darvo, Clem, Nef Anyo, and all of the Boss personalities, but most of them are never used except for fights, shop interactions, or single quests or events. The only ones who have gotten a decent amount of screen time are Alad V and Vay Hek, while the others get shafted to the side. We need more content with these characters, and more importantly, we need more content involving the characters interacting with each other. 

4: Actual "New" Warframes:

All of the Warframes in the game are simply recreations of the original designs of the Warframes, according to lore. However, I think it would be super interesting to have future quests be about the creation of brand new Warframe designs. This could even tie into my previous question. Here's an example, involving my Benkei frame idea: In a rare truce, Alad V has offered you and the three merchants (Baro, Maroo, Darvo) the opportunity to do the unheard-of: Create a brand new Warframe, never before seen in the origin system. Using Baro's knowledge of Orokin relics, Maroo's skills at locating artifacts, and Darvo's "merchandise acquisition team" the 5 of you work to collect every piece of Warframe tech and weaponry you can find. But can Alad V be trusted?.....

Favorite Warframe 2017 Moment:

2017 is actually my first year playing Warframe, as I just joined during the anniversary period, so I have a plethora of great moments, including my Second Dream experience, joining my first clan, discovering the joys of playing Nidus, and more. However, my favorite moment came during one of my first Eidolon hunts, during the last phase, after all the limbs were broken. Half the party was down, and then our Harrow's Covenant buff activated. Every member of the part started pumping red crits into the thing, even me on the ground with my Lex Prime, and we finished the fight with a burst of hype and crits right after nearly getting completely wiped. It was awesome.

Any eta on pet fix so we can have birbs added in?

Acolytes yall promised to bring back this month, is that a thing still?

Any reason why the plague star dojo research is still 'replicatable' and why the catalyst/phylaxis are also both still buildable in the orbiter?

Ivara into proper frog waifu instead of generic archer when? (seriously, would love her to be kitted after frogs instead of random archer which doesn't really compliment her amphibian appearance)

On 12/13/2017 at 8:15 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Devstream103_1080p.jpg2017’s Final Devstream is coming! Join us this Friday, December 15th for Devstream #103.

Who:  Rebecca, Steve, Sheldon, Scott & Geoff are here to say goodbye until 2018!  

What:  We will be taking a look at Warframe’s last major Update of the year (hopefully.. if things go according to plan) which includes Khora and so much more! We will also be running another Twitch Drops test – how it’ll go, nobody knows! Tune in to participate in the Drop campaign which requires 30 minutes of cumulative Devstream viewtime with a Twitch Linked account. What is the drop this time around? Exilus Adaptor, round 2. Let’s do this, Tenno.

Prizes? Why yes, we will be giving away 3 x 1000 Platinum Prizes and during the Livestream as well as a Mirage Prime Access!

Where: Find us at: twitch.tv/Warframe

When: Join us this December 15th at 2 p.m ET!  

This thread closes at 10 a.m. on December 15th – get your questions in! We ask you for your favourite Warframe 2017 Memory in addition to a question! As many of us will begin our holidays, we’d love to reflect on your favourite Warframe moment of 2017 so we can create more of the positive experiences in 2018. We know 2017 hasn’t been a perfect year of course, Tenno. Sometimes knowing what you loved is just as important as knowing what you didn’t like (which we’ve got lists and lists of).

Does this mean you guys cant stream anymore D:

Hello, DE! :D

The questions: Are there any new ideas for Archwing? CX I mean, a new Archwing, new weapons. The last time you released something AW-related was, if I am not mistaken, on Update 18... ^^; I am astounded and grateful for the Sky Archwing, though. ;D

Since we have an "infested kubrow" (Helminth Charger), is there any chance that we'll see an "infested kavat" or something? ^o^

And my Favourite Moment of Warframe 2017 was being able to build Chroma, my main Warframe. OwO The quest (The New Strange) was easy to understand, lovely, and outstanding! Chroma was and is difficult to make, but in the end he's worth the time and effort to get both the parts and resources. C=

Question:
Is there any plans on improving the melee combos? The inputs they require are unreliable for consistent execution.
With Zaws bringing melee into foreground again I believe it's an adequate moment to have a look at this issue.

Memories:
People's reaction when Umbra showed up on screen during The Sacrifice teaser.
On a more relevant note, knowing Warframe is a game I can come back to to escape from p2w lootboxes and all the other consumer-exploiting practices of the rest of the gaming industry.
So if there's anything I'd like DE to do more of, it's that. Keeping it fair.
(But also maybe some more polish, so people don't get turned off. :clem:)

Archived