Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: 2017's Final Devstream #103!

[DE]Rebecca

Have DE ever considered a relic pre-load system for fissure missions?

T3/T4 Survival and T4 interceptions were my home back in the day.  One of the things I don't like about the relic system is the pause in survival.  Having fun and oh reward time.  The game pauses?  Did the corpus tech that was just about to ruin my day, decide he was going to take a smoke break?  He needs to grab another Miller out of the fridge?  Having the option to pre-load/pre-pick relics before going into mission then picking all the rewards after you extract would get rid of that pause.  It kills the momentum.  Makes it less fun.  Have you consider ever adding something like that?  Even just as a option on top of the current system?

I'm a new-ish player and my fondest memory of Warframe this year is starting to play again, never has a game brought so much joy into my life, thanks you guys for keeping the game as awesome and as cool looking as it currently is!

My biggest question is: where do you guys draw inspiration from to make all that futuristic looking artwork?

One of my best moments this year was getting Hydroid Prime (nearly instantly) as it came out... Thank you RNGezus. #hydroidmain

More recently, was doing the Eidolon Capture with randoms and everyone was chatting about strategies, weapons and frames for that and other missions... The community really is amazing. Game Awards should have a award for that :)

Btw, could you please put 'Specter' Lures (gear) has a Quills standing reward? It would be most helpful in Eidolon Capture NOT to have to run all over the Plains searching, babysitting and sloooooowly carrying them to the Eidolon.

Also, maybe fight the Eidolon during the day but in the cave he hiddes...underwater...with archwing? #shootfired

Have you guys ever considered making the sortie booster rewards the white boosters instead of the market boosters?  It would make the reward much a much better reward as it wouldn' hurt those who wouldn't buy a booster.  However those who would, get their own 3 day 4x resources just by spending 40P.

Is there a reason we don't have a Prime Cosmetic Bundle?  Just the cosmetics, no boosters, NO plat.  I personally love the look of the Atavist Prime Armor, looks amazing.  Would love to have it.  Unforgentually, I do not need plat, never will.  Anyone who plays this game long enough, reaches that point where plat is never a issue.  I buy 30 day boosters so those 90 day boosters are no good to me, especially the 90 day credits.  I' sitting around 120 million credits.  So because I don't need any of those it's $80 for 2 cosmetic items.  I really enjoy warframe, just not enough to spend that much on 2 items.  However if there was a cosmetic bundle only, that gives me and many others like me the option to get that shiny goodness and support the game that we love.  So I ask again, is there a reason DE decided not to go that route?

Will there be any old players comeback rewards? I believe there are certainly alot of old players who had just left the game for long hiatus or certain occasions so I'm wondering if there is any comeback rewards or should rename as Tenno Reunion Reward for them? 

So we have away to build resources into the rare resources like orokin cells with blueprints.  Have you ever considered giving us the option to build catalyst using reactors and vis-vera?  As in someone who has 9 catalyst but 60 reactors, could set a catalyst to build using 3 reactor.  Is that something you'd consider?

Dear Digital Extremes,

you are awesome! Thank you for creating such a great game. I'm hooked since 2014.

Word can't express how much I like what you do. 

I got some Questions for you guys. 

TRADING

• Are there any news on a new trading system, which Steve talked back in an older Devstream?

I really would like the Relays or Planes have an bigger role in this.

QUESTS

• Will there be a way to replay quest such as Natah or the glast gambit?

I know, i know you made it possible for us replay cinematic mission such as the second dream

but I really enjoyed the the natah quest.

CLANS

The topic of the year - clans. I will try to keep it simple. We know your working on a hitman system á la "Shadow of Modor"
I kind worried that our two-man-clan will get wrecked by the enemy.

• What chances will small clans have against them?

CAPTURA

I loved the Trailer challenge but then it got me: Wouldn't it be nice if we could make movies inside Captura.

• Are there any future plans to maybe impliment that?

As mention in the begining - Thank you, Digital Extremes!

I'm so proud to call myself a Tenno!

Have A great 2018

So I enjoy long survival, even as a MR24 I extract and I'm capped out on traces.  Have you ever considered having a trace overflow?  So if I extract with let's say 1700 traces and my cap is 1350.  Right now id miss out on 350 traces.  If we had a overflow, we would get those 1700 and could use them.  If after extracting you closed the game, loaded into another mission or dojo, you would lose them anyways but at least if there were there for that limited time we could at least use them.

Joined the stream last night, with my Twitch and Warframe accounts linked, but never recieved the drop. Im on PS4. Going to unlink and relink my accounts to see if that fixes it for tonight.

That said, Im really not bothered, Ill buy the glyphs and support this game. Its been fun these past few months rediscovering this game when PoE dropped. You were truly robbed at the game awards, expecially as you were up against *cough* a certain other looter shooter *cough* that will remain nameless. I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a happy new year!

Is there any plans to allow us to repeat a bounty and still get rep?  As it stands right now we can do the bounties, get the rep then I have to wait for them to reset to go get more rep.  I'm find with a daily cap but is rather be able to run the mission when I'm able to run them and not have to wait just to run the mission I would have run anyways

On 12/13/2017 at 5:34 PM, JeyciKon said:

Q: From the day corruped mods came the game started turning from a shooter into a hack and slash game where for any players all you do is press numbers, im sure you guys regreat that, any plans to turn it around? solutions like the nullifiers do not count..

Am I the only one who doesn't want this game to be turned into CoD? If you want to shoot your guns, shoot your guns, but don't restrict how us casters want to play.
Nullifiers, Scrambus, Comba, Parasytic Eximi are already a pain, we don't need more enemies that turn this game into another shooter.

Seriously though, "we gave you all these abilities, we named the game Warframe, but you can't use those abilities and also Warframes are just a skin because all you can do is shoot and slice from now on". You think that sounds good?

18 minutes ago, (PS4)angry-terrapin said:

Joined the stream last night, with my Twitch and Warframe accounts linked, but never recieved the drop. Im on PS4. Going to unlink and relink my accounts to see if that fixes it for tonight.

That said, Im really not bothered, Ill buy the glyphs and support this game. Its been fun these past few months rediscovering this game when PoE dropped. You were truly robbed at the game awards, expecially as you were up against *cough* a certain other looter shooter *cough* that will remain nameless. I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a happy new year!

Yesterday was Prime Time. DevStream will be tonight. Different streams. Join today/tonight (depending on your time-zone) and you'll get the rewards.

could we have enemy density scale with hours played/mastery rank?? after a while playin (expecially solo) when you murder all so fast that you just end up alone isnt very nice. then the more you play the more the cough cough focus farm cough cough becomes important so maybe scaling enemy density could make the game more challenging and cough cough focus cough cough for more experienced players

thx and love u all <3

Hi DE! I would like to thank you for all that you've done for 2017 going from the three (and upcoming four hopefully) Warframes of this year to the Plains of Eidolon! While I don't have an exact favorite memory or moment that happened through the year (possibly PoE and the Sacrifice's reveal back at PAX) I would like to say about my favorite frame that's been released this year and that would be Harrow. I simply love his design and the quest that came with gave me shivers. What is the frame of 2017 that you like the most?

But my question that I would like to ask to DE for the last devstream of this year is that during past devstreams, you guys introduced a dual wielding system for melee weapons and single-handed secondaries to which you've shown a glimpse of back in Chains of Harrow with the Glaives. Is the idea to include more melee weapon types for the system still in thought or has it been moved to the side for the time being?

Dunno if this has been asked about yet, but is Zephyr gonna be reworked soon? In most player's eyes she has no place in the current meta and is just bad, some even say offputting through her passive and not really enjoyable at all, which is sad cause I LOVE the idea that stands behind her.

Sorry if these questions are long, but I wanted to explain them in as much detail as possible, and in some cases why it's so bothersome or how it could help people. I understand if you decide or can't ask them all, so I put them in order of the most relevant to the least relevant. Feel free to make them short if you ask them.

Questions about some much needed "Quality of Life" changes:

1) UI for Controller users on PC is extremely needed, DE has said many times this would happen soon - both in late 2016 and again in early 2017, yet we will reach 2018 without it actually happening. It's something that is already implemented in the consoles' versions - so from Art, Design, Texturing and Placement points of view, the work has already been done. So why the delay in implementing an UI interface for Controllers on the PC version? It's really annoying having to change from controller to a mouse to do even the most basic of things like selecting, changing or upgrading a mod, selecting a Relic, inviting Friends, customizing certain items, etc. It's impossible without a mouse. Can the developers please explain how hard and time consuming is to implement this change? And also why it's taking over a year to do so - if the work has even started at all?

2) Showing the Total amount of resources you have with the amount you gained in the End of Mission screen? This would help veterans and specially new players, without needing to check the Inventory or Foundry after every mission - the same way we can check how much standing we have with both Focus Schools and Syndicates. This should also take into account unique resources like Void Traces, Eidolon Shards, Sentient Cores, Color Pigments, etc.

3) In a Tweet over 2 years ago, Steve said that he wanted "Running" to be the "Default Speed". After the bugs with the "shooting while sliding" mechanic - which contrary to the Patch Notes, this bug still isn't fixed - this issue, the default speed, came back to the community's attention and many want to see it implemented. Can the developers talk about it, what they think of this solution and if we could at least get a "toggle setting" in Options?

4) New Config Slots for both the Operator and each of the Landind Crafts - a bonus would be having two more for warframes. Right now if I have a good customization with skin and colors and want to try or change something else, I have to take a screenshot - of which I have hundreds - otherwise I lose my previous customization as there's only one.

5) Having Stats for the Operator as we have with warframes, weapons, sentinels, companions, etc. And have these Stats be affected by the Focus Schools' Nodes, just like we have the View Stats With/Without Mods button, so we can actually see the base and the modified Stats.

6) Talking about Stats, it would be incredibly helpful if the Warframes, Weapons, Sentinels and Companions' Upgrade screens and Warframes' Abilities screens showed potential gains from mods in (Parenthesis). This could be added to the right of the Stat(s) that could be affected, or the right in the empty space besides the stats where the Warframes' Rank Bonuses are shown. For example: if I add Energy Conversion to a Warframe, it doesn't show the increased 50% Strength in the Total Strength stat in the Upgrade screen nor the altered damage in the Abilities screen. Right now you need to calculate it in your head and remember, or write it down in a notepad, smarthphone or paper. The same applies to Weapon mods like Sharpened Bullets and Blood Rush (could show the first increase that happens at 1.5x Combo Multiplier). This already happens with a few Melee Channeling mods like Corrupt Charge, which shows both the increased 40% Channeling Cost and 100% Channeling Damage, while other Melee Channeling mods only show the increased Channeling Cost and nothing else, like Quickening, which doesn't show the increased 20% Attack Speed, only the increased 80% Channeling Cost. So it would also be great from a "standard" point of view, having for all of them instead of just one or two.

7) In Bordeless Fullscreen mode, after pressing Alt + Tab to switch back to the game, you first have to click in the window to actually be back in the game, otherwise no command works as if you hadn't switched back or selected the game at all. This bug has been in the game for many years, probably ever since I started playing, and it has never been fixed. Also, Warframe is the only game I know with this type of bug - and I have played thousands of games on PC.

8) Over a year ago Steve said that in the future he would like the Warframe Launcher to be able to automatically update once an Update or Hotfix is released, without users having to do it manually every time. Since over a year has passed, is there anyone actively working or at least looking into it? This is increasingly more needed as Updates and Hotfixes are becoming bigger, since it would allow people to do other things like go to sleep, work, study, etc. and not be worried that when they get home, they will have to wait for the game to update by downloading big size files. This would also be extremely helpful for people with slow download speeds.

9) Many of the very old weapons like Jaw Sword, Glam, Gorgon, Miter, Ether Daggers, Heat Sword, Kraken, Sicarus, Seer, have such low stats that normally even with a very powerful riven, they still can't be on par or around the level of many of the other weapons without any rivens. Even worst, many of these weapons have very little Damage, Critical Chance, Critical Damage and/or Status Chance, meaning they simply can't take real advantage of almost any mod. Is there a plan to "Buff" them? It doesn't need to be all at once, it could be implemented just like PBR, a few at a time.

10) Optional quick Simulacrum Tutorial for each Warframe, after you acquire it - Could be added retroactively for people who already use them. The tutorial would go through phases and each phase teaches both the Abilities, Passives and their nuances, like Frost's Globe absorbing other Globes and stacking it's health in the process. A much more detailed explanation with many examples is on this post by a Warframe Reddit user called "WatchingRomeBurn" (all credits go to him/her):

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/7h5glj/you_can_shoot_through_garas_glas_wall_from_the/dqp2oov/

11) Having new options in the Simulacrum like: new Location settings (Captura already has many settings, and with a lot of options, yet Simulacrum still only has one setting); Aura Mods simulation settings - put a requirement that you need to have the mod in order to emulate it if you must, like being able to simulate having four Corrosive Projection or Growing Power, or a mix of different Auras; etc.

12) Having the "Gear Wheel" screen show a description for what each of the UI icons for Abilities and Buffs mean. This currently can only be done outside of the game and completely breaks the flow of the game, exposes you to enemy fire and also stops you from helping your team mates since you need to stop playing, Alt + Tab, open or select your internet browser, search and/or open the site, click on the Icons section, read what the Icon means, Alt + Tab again to the game, and then resume playing. This could be done in one or even both of of two ways: using the empty space in the Gear Wheel menu to show the current Ability(ies) and Buff(s) you have to the right, left, upper or below space; or having a button that will take you to a screen similar to the Abilities or Melee Combos screens while in-mission with a description of the current Buffs or them all (you could scroll down).

13) Having the Warframe Abilities screen UI integrated with the Warframe modding screen. By this, I mean so that you don't need to back out of the modding screen, click on the Abilities screen to check how much the stats changed, then back out of the Abilities screen, click on the modding screen again. Instead you could also have an Abilities button next to the other buttons - like Actions, Mods, Remove All, Tutorial and Back. This would streamline the whole process in order to reduce redudancy and decrease time and the amount of clicks it takes from 4 (Back, Abilities, Back, Upgrade) to 2 (Abilities, Back). This may sound like lazyness, but when you spend over 30-60 minutes changing mods and checking how they affect the stats, it's really cumbersome without needing to be so.

14) Show the total amount of "Trades Completed", "Platinum Spent", "Credits Spent" on the "My Profile's Stats" screen. Currently, it only shows "Gross Income", the amount of Credits you earned. Will be helpful to show how many trades an user has made - others could see this to check if the trader has made many trades, meaning he/she is most likely a fair trader; how many Platinum one has spent in the game would help people keep a eye on how much money they have invested in the game.

My favourite Warframe moment of the year wasn't inside the game, but outside when Geoff quoted an user saying "Scott is the Pokémon evolution of Steve". Priceless!!!

I wish everyone at Digital Extremes and in the Warframe community a very happy holiday!

Archived