Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another "Volt Rework 2.0: Electric Boogaloo" Topic

Kothic

Hello, 2nd tier Volt main here.

So, we got a QoL Volt rework (along side dissatisfying skin, at least for me). It's fine.
But I guess it's still not enough.

As someone who started playing Warframe with Volt, there are my thoughts about abilities and how we should change/tweak them:

1. Shock
Tbh it's not that bad - it has some upsides and downsides, but it should be a little bit upgraded to stand up the new frame standards:

• The lightning bolt should have some chance to not only proc Electricity stun, but also proc Fire (since it's basically a lightning strike, and as far we know in real life: it's hot)
  • We should change it's mechanics a little bit:
    Option A: We can hold the ability so it creates constant stream/beam of lightning that deals more dmg and drains more energy the longer we hold.
    Option B: We can choose how we can shoot the lightning bolt, like Vauban's land mines (for example: single strike, scatter shotgun-like, lightning orb "grenade" etc.)
  • It should also have some chance to cause similar effect like Discharge (meaning shocked enemies become tesla coils and can shock another enemy that comes to close).
  • When holding the Electric Shield: Casting Shock should regenerate some of shield's duration.

2. Speed
No complains here from me, it's decent... but I wonder how it could work if it was toggable. (Of course we should be able to regen energy with Energy Siphon and such)

3. Electric Shield
To be honest, it's my favourite pleasure guilty ability, because it's the only thing resembling riot shield (Please, DE, if grineer can have it, we should too). But sadly it also has some flaws.

• Range should affect the shield radius (maybe like Oberon's Hallowing Ground?).
  • Holding 3 should automatically summon picked up shield, it could work similarly to Gara's Shattered Lash
  • Not only sprinting should knock enemies down, all "parkour moves" should do that: rolling, sliding, bullet jumping.
  • Like mentioned above, casting Shock when holding shield should increase/restore the duration.
  • QoL: Maybe create and add some animations for picked up shield, so it's not just space magic floating electric shield.

4. Discharge
Oh boi, where should I start...

• Remove or retweak the damage cap. You could for example make Volt's Discharge effect range decrease the longer it deals dmg or just it should slowly drop the damage the longer it damages the enemies.
  • Same as Shock it should have some chance to proc Fire.
  • Because it kinda reminds me of EMP, it should also for example deactivate nearby lights, some enemy weaponry and maybe even alarms/consoles.
  • Vertical range should be infinite (yeah, we all saw the gifs and videos when someone casts overcharge from 1km in the air and it doesn't affect the enemies bellow) - it could be indicated by some lightning strike to the ground or something.
  • Volt should gain some damage reduction (or just straight invicibility) when casting.

I guess that's it, can't think of anything more. The passive is rather Ok, so no need to tweak it.

I just hope this feedback will be seen as a "positive".
Cheers, have a good day/night.

P.S.: Sorry for potential english errors, not native language.

Just now, MokutoBunshi said:

Pretty good for someone with English as a second language. I just wanted to say tho, if the speed was toggled then how will he give it to others?

Since not everyone enjoys the Volt's speed then maybe there would be some timer if someone leaves the range (and doesn't get it back) or maybe volt every 5s (scalable with duration mods, maybe) would drop some pickable, like Limbo's rift portal when he dashes.

In other words - the effect for teammates could be given like Oberon's Reckoning, but again - not everyone enjoys sprinting at speed higher than Loki's so the Limbo-Rift-Like pickable for some duration would be better imo.

14 minutes ago, Kothic said:

Since not everyone enjoys the Volt's speed then maybe there would be some timer if someone leaves the range (and doesn't get it back) or maybe volt every 5s (scalable with duration mods, maybe) would drop some pickable, like Limbo's rift portal when he dashes.

In other words - the effect for teammates could be given like Oberon's Reckoning, but again - not everyone enjoys sprinting at speed higher than Loki's so the Limbo-Rift-Like pickable for some duration would be better imo.

Actually. They tried that pickup thing with volt about a year ago, no one liked it.

1 minute ago, MokutoBunshi said:

Actually. They tried that pickup thing with volt about a year ago, no one liked it.

Well, nothing is perfect, just tried to find some solution for players that don't like getting the high power str Speed buff.
Besides, as I mentioned in main post, I just wondered how it would work/look like. I can totally live with current Speed we have.

5 hours ago, giovanniluca said:

Funny how a post in reddit gets 650 votes with 225 comments and one here gets like 5 responses.

because it's been discussed over and over plenty of times and everyone knows that DE have no clue about balancing frames, we can only dream about viable volt, people realized that.