Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban Re-Rework

The_B00b3n

I know I'm not the first one who suggests a re-rework for Vauban but as a Vauban main playing as him all these years I've noticed that the abilities are getting more outdated as time goes by.

Let's start with the passive:

His actual passive must be changed, because give an armor buff on a caster/cc frame doesn't make so much sense.

How about give him a passive that is worth for an engineer/cc frame such as:

Trapper:

Enemies affected by Vauban's abilities receive 10% more damage.

Now let's see how can we improve his abilities:

Tesla:

Tesla during the years has become one of the most outdated abilities of Vauban and here's a suggestion to improve it:

Increase its status chance to 50% and make it as a continuous beam which deals damage every 0.5 seconds per tick, not a charge every 3 seconds, at least reduce its recharge duration to 0.5s and remove the charges cap. Obviously reduce its base duration to 15 seconds to make it more balanced as a first ability.

Minelayer:

Minelayer is actually a good ability but it also has some problems in terms of gameplay:

Bounce:

Bounce is one of his trademark abilities but it still need some improvements such as:

Ragdolls directly enemies that steps on it to give to Vauban more time to prepare to attack and remove its recharge duration.

Tactical Shield (replaced with trip laser):

Actually trip laser is a funny ability but it doesn't have a real utility. As so it can be replaced to a protective ability as long as Vauban doesn't have any defense from long range enemies right now:

Tactical shield has a smaller diameter (6m diameter) compared to Frost's Snow Globe but it works with duration in fact it could last for 12 seconds.

Shred:

Shred needs an increased armor debuff duration, maybe 10 seconds instead of 4?

Concuss:

In my opinion Concuss is one of the most useful mine of all 4 minelayer's mines. Maybe it needs a slightly increased deafening duration that's all.

The following abilities have a bug that when thrown on the ground some times they are thrown on the other side of the room or even on the roof. Pls DE fix it.

Bastille:

Bastille is the most useful of all 4 Vauban's abilities right now but it also needs some improvements:

The enemies affected cap does not scale with power strength and make it fixed to 12 as long as Vauban doesn't need so much power strength for his abilities.

Bastille gives a bonus to Vauban and all allies within its range that makes them jump higher (a good combo with bounce).

Vortex:

Vortex actually doesn't need a rework but maybe fix the enemies standing on Vortex.

Tell me what do you think about and also if you have some other ideas you are free to write below this post.

Edited by The_B00b3n

Buff the passive to at least 60% to make it worth while. 10% isn't much I'd rather have the armor if it was 10%. Ontop of the Tactical Shield ((Which I like)) I've also suggested numerous times that he could deploy turrets similar to Xiphos turrets but they would scale in level

3 minutes ago, Whitestrake0 said:

Buff the passive to at least 60% to make it worth while. 10% isn't much I'd rather have the armor if it was 10%. Ontop of the Tactical Shield ((Which I like)) I've also suggested numerous times that he could deploy turrets similar to Xiphos turrets but they would scale in level

I think this kind of passive should've be given to a more tanky warframe such as chroma that actually doesn't have a "real" passive. But yes maybe a buff of it can give to Vauban a little more survivability

Edited by The_B00b3n

1 minute ago, The_B00b3n said:

I think this kind of passive should've be given to a more tanky warframe such as chroma that actually doesn'the have a "real" passive. But yes maybe a buff of it can give to Vauban a little more survivability

I think if DE doesn't feel like changing it, maybe you could call it "Armorer" keeping that sorta engineer vibe. And have it instead apply to everybody and not just him within range, this would incentivise people wanting to stay near Vauban which also puts emphasis on them seeing what you are doing and capitalizing on Vortex and Bastille. 

9 minutes ago, Whitestrake0 said:

I think if DE doesn't feel like changing it, maybe you could call it "Armorer" keeping that sorta engineer vibe. And have it instead apply to everybody and not just him within range, this would incentivise people wanting to stay near Vauban which also puts emphasis on them seeing what you are doing and capitalizing on Vortex and Bastille. 

With the actual passive you have to stay close and breathe down on your allies' neck to receive that small amount of armor