Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rubico and Heavy Caliber

(PSN)supersocc11

Question

Yo! So i'm trying to create my eidolon killer Rubico and im nearly there.  I don't have a riven which sucks, but have modded the best i can for damage, crit chance/damage, and Radiation.  I currently have 3 elemental mods for radiation (two 90% and one dual stat), but I'm wondering if i should replace the dual stat elemental mod for Heavy Caliber.  If i do ill need to forma again....

In your experience, is HC worth it on the rubico?  Thanks!

19 answers to this question

I don't know for Eidolons specifically, but i don't think Heavy Caliber is worth it. The extra base damage don't seem to matter as much after Serration and the loss of accuracy is a big deal on snipers in general, but since it is the radiation damage that is important and base damage increases it, might be worth, might not.

If you're considering replacements for the dual stat maybe consider reload speed instead since the Rubico's is pretty slow considering its' low magazine capacity, or the Multishot Vigilante mod.

I'm sure someone out there is ready to hate on me for it... but i don't use heavy caliber on any weapon. like at all. 
I also do plenty of high level content (lvl 200+) and am often the highest dmg player who isn't a dmg frame (no weapon will beat saryn, mesa, a good octavia in an endless).

you don't need that. personally, after the sniper update, i think my most common build is: serration, split chamber, point strike, vital sense, riven mod (CC + dmg + zoom, -ve something), primed fast hands, and 2 elements.
i thought i had bladed rounds somewhere, but i guess not. my other build is:

serration, split chamber, point strike, vital sense, bladed rounds, primed fast hands, riven (CC + toxin), and 1 more element

1 minute ago, tarfeef101 said:

I'm sure someone out there is ready to hate on me for it... but i don't use heavy caliber on any weapon. like at all. 
I also do plenty of high level content (lvl 200+) and am often the highest dmg player who isn't a dmg frame (no weapon will beat saryn, mesa, a good octavia in an endless).

you don't need that. personally, after the sniper update, i think my most common build is: serration, split chamber, point strike, vital sense, riven mod (CC + dmg + zoom, -ve something), primed fast hands, and 2 elements.

serration, split chamber, point strike, vital sense, bladed rounds, primed fast hands, riven (CC + toxin), and 1 more element

Agreed. I can only stand using heavy caliber on automatic weapons like Grakata or Baza myself.

Yes you should if you want to maximize the dps and not interested in getting or using rivens. Heavy caliber or vigilante armaments. Mods like fast hands are useless in eidolon hunting because you will one shot it anyway and because you wil have harrow and volt on the team anyway as well. Ask them to use their powers if you want - or don't even, again you only need one shot, it's very unlikely you will have to reload much. And if your harrow actually cares enough and is competent, your reload speed will be better than standard reload on something like soma prime. If you're using harrow yourself get yourself 200-285% strenght and a redirection (optionally + augur accord orvigor), it'll beat primed fast hands any day.

I personally use this build - again, in the place of riven just put armaments or another elemental mod.

This build and the weapon is also great for sniping ships like Ogma in PoE, takes 2-3 shots.

Needless to say, bladed rounds is useless against eidolon because you have nothing and no time to kill aside fromt Eidolon anyway.

XH1cCxF.jpg

Цитата

Agreed. I can only stand using heavy caliber on automatic weapons like Grakata or Baza myself.

Cause using it on a very accurate weapon with a falloff of 30 meters makes more sense than on a sniper that you use scoped only to shoot Eidolon's junk (which means you can't possibly miss). Makes sense.

Edited by -Temp0-

Eidolons are immune to status procs, so the 60%/60% mod you've got should definitely go, but Heavy Caliber on any Sniper makes raising your shot combo a pain in the &#! unless it's low enough ranked that you may as well use another +90% elemental damage mod instead.

For the Rubico specifically, I'd recommend putting reload speed mods in your spare slots, because 3 seconds in Warframe is a long time.

Edited by Dreddeth
Typographical error.

3 hours ago, tarfeef101 said:

How does everyone and their dog have a rubico riven with either cc, cd, or damage? Lol 

3 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

Yes you should if you want to maximize the dps and not interested in getting or using rivens. Heavy caliber or vigilante armaments. Mods like fast hands are useless in eidolon hunting because you will one shot it anyway and because you wil have harrow and volt on the team anyway as well. Ask them to use their powers if you want - or don't even, again you only need one shot, it's very unlikely you will have to reload much. And if your harrow actually cares enough and is competent, your reload speed will be better than standard reload on something like soma prime. If you're using harrow yourself get yourself 200-285% strenght and a redirection (optionally + augur accord orvigor), it'll beat primed fast hands any day.

I personally use this build - again, in the place of riven just put armaments or another elemental mod.

This build and the weapon is also great for sniping ships like Ogma in PoE, takes 2-3 shots.

Needless to say, bladed rounds is useless against eidolon because you have nothing and no time to kill aside fromt Eidolon anyway.

XH1cCxF.jpg

Cause using it on a very accurate weapon with a falloff of 30 meters makes more sense than on a sniper that you use scoped only to shoot Eidolon's junk (which means you can't possibly miss). Makes sense.

So you don' find the accuracy decrease to be much of an issue using heavy caliber?

Also, should i lose hammer shot? I like the crit damage multiplier...

5 hours ago, (PS4)supersocc11 said:

Yo! So i'm trying to create my eidolon killer Rubico and im nearly there.  I don't have a riven which sucks, but have modded the best i can for damage, crit chance/damage, and Radiation.  I currently have 3 elemental mods for radiation (two 90% and one dual stat), but I'm wondering if i should replace the dual stat elemental mod for Heavy Caliber.  If i do ill need to forma again....

In your experience, is HC worth it on the rubico?  Thanks!

I use heavy caliber on my rubico for the teralyst with Chroma, and it works perfect

But i should point that my crit chance is 115.6% and crit dmg is x3.3 and radiation is 6k+

Edited by (XB1)Oussii

12 часов назад, (PS4)supersocc11 сказал:

So you don' find the accuracy decrease to be much of an issue using heavy caliber?

Also, should i lose hammer shot? I like the crit damage multiplier...

if you're using it against Eidolon or any other big target, no it's not noticeable at all. I even fired from a hip and it's not a big deal.

You can use hammer shot, it's up to you + don't forget to use zoom it also give you 50% crit damage as well. It depends what warframes you're using as well, if it's chroma I would probably use hammer shot, itf it's others I'd use vigilante armaments.

Цитата

How does everyone and their dog have a rubico riven with either cc, cd, or damage? Lol

It's the only rivens that matter. And a multishot as well (I think that multishot is more valubale than pure damage but when in doubt, try using warframe builder anyways). I had nothing to do and rolled mine 45 times to get those stats tho, it's not as if any riven is gonna get those. However, if you will find or get a riven with electricity and fire it will be just as good for Eidolon hunting. Radiatioan and criticals are the only two things that counts for that boss.

But again, heavy caliber + hammer shot or vigilante armamants will do just as well. Rivens are for people that have a ton of plat to waste and a ton of kuva to waste, when you have every other mod and just want something to work to, to do and farm. It's not something you get just for a boss fight even if it's Eidolon. It's something you get if you're bored and farmed everything else already.

Edited by -Temp0-

31 минуту назад, PMind сказал:

You say that like it is just a given...

It is. Unless you're one of those people that just jump in PoE during night you know that we have that quite awesome feature called "recruiting chat". It's also quite braindead easy to write down H Eidolon hunt (or LF), need Bless, Harrow, Volt/Chroma (depending on what you want to play)". It's also quite interesting you can actually play Harrow (or Volt) for example yourself so you can have that x2 reload speed at will at any time you want. The wonders of actually caring about your expereine and doing something right.

On 12/13/2017 at 8:35 PM, (PS4)supersocc11 said:

Hahahahahaha...

over 1K hours of playtime, hundreds of thousands of kuva farmed, 70+ rivens.... 

some of us also have to work for their rivens, dw

I was testing in simulacrum against enemies and shooting the wall, it seems that heavy caliber is not having any effect on rubico accuracy at for whatever reason. For example on the Lanka its terrible, you literraly miss almost all mutlishots with heavy caliber . 

The only reason to not use Heavy Caliber is when you care for headshots. If it's for Eidola, you aren't going to go for headshot multiplier. HC is 165% more damage. dual stat is 60% of base added as an element, it's not even 60% more damage.