Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's the point of Warframe?

Joelol

I finally realized how cool this game is, so I made a video capturing the moment. Watch if you want to or don't. For me it's to get to MR 25 and I WILL soon™ :) What's the point of Warframe for you? What does it mean to you? What are your goals? Let's talk about it.

Edited by Joelol

3 minutes ago, (PS4)jFresh215 said:

Right now, it's the fishing grind. 

Before PoE, it was just killing all the things. Or, get a weapon, max, forma, repeat. 

Nice. I haven't even tapped into fishing yet. I was in that get a weapon mode for a while and then I made my goal to get MR 25, but I didn't realize what I was getting into until now xD

It's more about enjoying the journey than to be totally bothered with the destination.

Missing out the scenery while thinking there is a final objective is kind of pointless ?

While you are certainly not having fun enjoying the moment but endlessly contemplating about the future ?

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

Ever since I was little my favorite thing to do in video games was to try to make my characters as strong as possible. I loved taking pansy squishy characters and turning them into god mode heroes one shoting everything in site. The chase to get them there was just so satisfying and still is.

Warframe has that ten times over. The chase is never ending and extremely satisfying. I mean, this isn't exclusive to warframe, pretty much anything with gear and stats can fill that void. I guess that's why I've always been drawn to stuff like this or Borderlands or Diablo... I just love the chase for powerful characters lol.

I play to enjoy myself, with little goals (and sometimes bigger goals, though I have fewer now than I used to) along the way to give me something to move toward and reward myself with when I get it. Mostly it's just experimenting with new things and searching for new ways to run frames and weapons I enjoy. At the end of the day, though, it's all just an excuse to run around killing things as a magic space ninja. I don't need much more than that.

Edited by freeformline

14 minutes ago, Joelol said:

Nice. I haven't even tapped into fishing yet. I was in that get a weapon mode for a while and then I made my goal to get MR 25, but I didn't realize what I was getting into until now xD

Yea I started playing the game almost 4 years ago, I was no where near as big then. I couldn't imagine just jumping in as a new player right now.

The answer on my end is to be apart of a living breathing community and watch as a game organically evolves and mutates based on player and creator whims alike. Unlike a lot of games where the end is just a few hours of push away, Warframe remains alive so long as the Developer's imagination remains fertile and the profit keeps coming. The endlessly developing story also helps.

My mindset started off with the intergame continuity love I had for Oddworld, Dragon Age, and Mass Effect, Warframe ""merely"" hits the pinnacle of it all, ESPECIALLY with the fan-to-team interaction and vice-versa.

18 minutes ago, Ada_Wong_SG said:

It's more about enjoying the journey than to be totally bothered with the destination.

Missing out the scenery while thinking there is a final objective is kind of pointless ?

While you are certainly not having fun enjoying the moment but endlessly contemplating about the future ?

100% That’s something that I struggled with growing up with all of the games I played. I could never really stick to one game because I never really enjoyed them and I was always destination driven like you said. That kills the whole point. I’m doing my best to really enjoy every day I play Warframe because I don’t want to get bored of it or tired of it and I want to play it long term.

20 minutes ago, Joelol said:

100% That’s something that I struggled with growing up with all of the games I played. I could never really stick to one game because I never really enjoyed them and I was always destination driven like you said. That kills the whole point. I’m doing my best to really enjoy every day I play Warframe because I don’t want to get bored of it or tired of it and I want to play it long term.

To reach the destination of a game. True "End Game" is more of despair than anything joyful for player.

There is nothing to pursuit, no more forma, no more grinding, no more playing needed.

That is when you would quit a game.

Surely I don't play this game for the Mastery Rank, if there is anything it is getting my weapons to hit sufficiently hard 
and my swords to cut satisfyingly well so I can enjoy the game the way I like it.

Nothing is more fun than shooting enemies and slashing them in a shooter/ hack and slash game.

And seriously the press 4 to win kind of steal the fun, so it only make you sick of a game faster.

50 minutes ago, Unus said:

The answer on my end is to be apart of a living breathing community and watch as a game organically evolves and mutates based on player and creator whims alike. Unlike a lot of games where the end is just a few hours of push away, Warframe remains alive so long as the Developer's imagination remains fertile and the profit keeps coming. The endlessly developing story also helps.

My mindset started off with the intergame continuity love I had for Oddworld, Dragon Age, and Mass Effect, Warframe ""merely"" hits the pinnacle of it all, ESPECIALLY with the fan-to-team interaction and vice-versa.

I love the way you wrote this. 

The only way to keep a game fresh is to become a part of it and its community. That’s what I love about warframe. The reason why I believe in this game and I’m committed to it is because of its community and the way DE interacts with it. This communication allows me to believe in the future and longevity of the game, so even when people do get MR 25 and have experienced everything the game has to offer, we can still have fun together and experience new content as it’s released.

Edited by Joelol