The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Abbera Prime Syandana....just why?

(PSN)BLOOD-LINE-01

1 hour ago, (PS4)GbHaseo said:

No, popularity doesnt determine art quality. Quality of art is judged by both the individual AND the group. Is a cult classic film of less quality than a blockbuster? No. Is Persona 5 less in quality than CoD? No. One style of cape is not better than another. Some are made for different tastes.

Commercial viability is a necessity for success.

Popularity is also a necessity for  success.

Quality is a baseline REQUIREMENT just to get you into the conversation for determining success.  

The undeniable truth is that there ARE standards of measure for financial success.

I've not seen many Mirage Primes, or Frames sporting her armor and Syandana.

My PS4 community has been shockingly BEREFT of them.  I've not seen a single Mirage Prime in-game.

And that is just an observation.

On 12/14/2017 at 4:12 AM, BringMeYourAzz said:

If DE would always release the most awesome accessories

it´s very hard to improve every single time don´t u think? :satisfied:

They'll never make a better Prime Sydana than Misa anyway ;p They started strong with Sydanas, the others since just haven't lived up.  Same with Armor, Targis was best - and the designs after were just lackluster (except maybe Acanthus).

Hard to improve indeed.

Personally I want to see more energy heavy accessories like Misa.   

49 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Commercial viability is a necessity for success.

Popularity is also a necessity for  success.

Quality is a baseline REQUIREMENT just to get you into the conversation for determining success.  

The undeniable truth is that there ARE standards of measure for financial success.

I've not seen many Mirage Primes, or Frames sporting her armor and Syandana.

My PS4 community has been shockingly BEREFT of them.  I've not seen a single Mirage Prime in-game.

And that is just an observation.

What? I've seen a ton.. and many ppl are also waiting til Xmas and paydays. Also not all frames are popular, should they just not do primes of them then? 

Also, a lot of ppl buy PA purely to support DE, the content is a bonus, other wise everyone would just farm them. 

DE has never been about the money, some people don't care about what sells the best. They almost went broke making Warframe the way THEY wanted to, not what everyone else wanted. Even when they sold the company, they did so only if they maintained creative control.

Art isnt defined by the masses. Michael Bays Transformers is a commercial success and those are awful. There's so many genres, niches, I know this as an artist who's been lucky enough to have had an exhibit in a semi-major art museum. Some ppl want what's popular, some people want what's not popular so they can be more unique. What one person sees as beautiful, another sees as trash. When I paint, I don't do it thinking, hmm what will sell best? I paint how I feel and imagine. 

If game companies only did what the masses wanted, there would just be a bunch of crap, instead developers are taking more and more financial risks just to make their own visions, even if it sells less.

1 hour ago, (PS4)GbHaseo said:

What? I've seen a ton.. and many ppl are also waiting til Xmas and paydays. Also not all frames are popular, should they just not do primes of them then? 

Also, a lot of ppl buy PA purely to support DE, the content is a bonus, other wise everyone would just farm them. 

DE has never been about the money, some people don't care about what sells the best. They almost went broke making Warframe the way THEY wanted to, not what everyone else wanted. Even when they sold the company, they did so only if they maintained creative control.

Art isnt defined by the masses. Michael Bays Transformers is a commercial success and those are awful. There's so many genres, niches, I know this as an artist who's been lucky enough to have had an exhibit in a semi-major art museum. Some ppl want what's popular, some people want what's not popular so they can be more unique. What one person sees as beautiful, another sees as trash. When I paint, I don't do it thinking, hmm what will sell best? I paint how I feel and imagine. 

If game companies only did what the masses wanted, there would just be a bunch of crap, instead developers are taking more and more financial risks just to make their own visions, even if it sells less.

DE is ALWAYS about the money as part of the equation.  They have to be.  

"Art isn't defined by the masses." 

No, but profitable "art" is.  

Romanticize it if you like, but the daring, talented "go-for-broke" Mavericks at DE ENVISIONED they would make money from the start if they went counter-culture and made a game by gamers for gamers and those gamers responded by investing.

It was always intrinsic and essential to their vision for success.

And then they executed their vision, ALWAYS with a keen eye on how to make a great PRODUCT profitable.

No GROFIT.  No Warframe.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

It looks terrible with Mirage, doesn't work with her prime frame at all.  Shes not infested and this thing most definitely looks infested.  Its like they designed it for Nidus and didnt want to put the work into making a custom syadana that fit her.  She has a lovely, sleek looking appearance and this thing is like a boil on her backside.  I don't get it DE, is there something in the lore that would explain this?

25 minutes ago, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

Oh please compare this to something like the Misa Prime, Noru Prime or the Capella Prime. This syandana looses every shot.

So if it's not as "good" as these three, it doesn't deserve to be Prime Access?

In my opinion, Misa Prime is a nicer looking Syandana. Noru Prime in my opinion is just a smaller, worse looking version of the Abbera. The Capella Prime has a ridiculous star shaped tank on the back that so far, I don't like the look of on any frame I've seen it on.

But no matter what I say, it's still my opinion.

Just now, (Xbox One)AyersyBears said:

So if it's not as "good" as these three, it doesn't deserve to be Prime Access?

Yes. People pay money for this stuff. That deserves some sort of regal magnificence wouldn't you say? Not some snotty thing draping off your back.

2 minutes ago, (Xbox One)AyersyBears said:

The Capella Prime has a ridiculous star shaped tank on the back that so far

What? That's the Vauban Prime syandana, not the Capella Prime.

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)AyersyBears said:

In my opinion, Misa Prime is a nicer looking Syandana.

No it's not your opinion, it's a fact. 

Just now, (PS4)BLOOD-LINE-01 said:

There is no war. Anyone who comes into the game and sees these two syandana's is immediately going to say "Ooo the neon one looks awesome".

Not saying that they look bad but making it fact isn't the best way to say they look good u can't make other to love what u love haven't u heard that ppl are different? We can't agree in everything which is good because if we agree this topic wouldn't even exist 

On 12/15/2017 at 4:48 PM, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

The quality of an item can be  determined, though, by general consensus and comparison.  Complete subjectivity doesn't exist in this dojo because it has functional representation beyond it's fine art qualities.

We know it is a Warframe Prime Accessories Syandana.  There are standards and expectations that come with the flexibility of it's design.

Ultimately it is a commercial art product.

So if 2/10 people see it as a success, that means it really isn't a good design and people will have buyer's remorse or simply not buy it.  DE doesn't want to see either happen, but it's on their art design team to have their fingers on the pulse of what we would love to see, which generally is what they as gamers who make games would like.

I know the Accessories is bought for plat and boosters, but selling the "sizzle" with the Steak is just as important.  It matters.

Remember DE has complete and udder control over what they release and they don't have to cater to the majority all the time especially in a personal custom game like this

For me the tragic part is that I would buy the accessories packs for the boosters if I felt the cosmetic stuff was good. For almost two years I haven't been able to justify it because I'd rather get several amazing Tennogen items and it's still cheaper.

I still hold out hope that DE will start putting more effort into the prime cosmetics. They can make it more unique than Tennogen if they want to. I'm hoping 2018 will be the year of Prime cosmetics. 

I think they missed the mark just slightly on this one. If only it was flat and behaved more like thick fabric than organic matter i would love it. 

Currently though it looks like a crossbreed between a very nice Orokin backguard and an infested piece of snoot. And to reiterate that's mainly because of how bumpy it is and how much it wiggles around like flesh.