Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

One button Focus school switch

Bipp

Switching focus schools is boring and cumbersome especially when you need to use different schools for different builds when going through, for example, the often largely varied sortie missions. Sometimes I forget to switch altogether.

A simple solution is to include a button for each focus school in the arsenal itself which will greatly streamline the preparation process before going on a long string of missions.

I threw this together as a simple example

xTvXcPd.png

As you can see I have Zenurik as my active school so it is highlighted the same way it is at the operator menu.

Edited by Keybopsef

While I was reading I was more thinking about an in-game way of doing this. Focus is not something technological as mods or arcanes that have to be inserted and installed into the current equipment, but more like a super power that our Operator has. There'd be no reason at all to justify that he can only use one focus school when he arrives at a planet.

Many people complains even now about operators, and this'd make them far more dynamic. Make them not being able to use more than a skill tree at once (including pasives) of course, but suppose you need energy, shift to Zenurik, then go to Madurai to charge damage for a Void Strike attack. 

Edited by Alangme
Added second paragraph mentioning benefits.

On 12/14/2017 at 10:27 AM, Alangme said:

While I was reading I was more thinking about an in-game way of doing this. Focus is not something technological as mods or arcanes that have to be inserted and installed into the current equipment, but more like a super power that our Operator has. There'd be no reason at all to justify that he can only use one focus school when he arrives at a planet.

Many people complains even now about operators, and this'd make them far more dynamic. Make them not being able to use more than a skill tree at once (including pasives) of course, but suppose you need energy, shift to Zenurik, then go to Madurai to charge damage for a Void Strike attack. 

This is a good idea, and being able to switch Focus Passives on the fly would at least explain why you needed to activate Focus once to gain the passive benefits.

Seems like an excellent idea. I assume these focus schools could be locked into loadouts as well? My Trinity loadout automatically has Vazarin equipped while my energy-hungry Rhino loadout has Zenurik. 

On 12/14/2017 at 3:27 PM, Alangme said:

Interesting suggestion, I think they've started moving towards something like this by introducing waybounds, which allow you to use a node from one school in another (Naramon void dash speed while using zenurik as your primary school). Unfortunately I feel like this would add a lot of complexity to a game for relatively little gain. At least in the current state, many of the focus school nodes don't do that much, but players like myself would feel "obligated" to switch between focus schools for maximum efficiency.

On December 14, 2017 at 12:07 PM, Keybopsef said:

Switching focus schools is boring and cumbersome especially when you need to use different schools for different builds when going through, for example, the often largely varied sortie missions. Sometimes I forget to switch altogether.

A simple solution is to include a button for each focus school in the arsenal itself which will greatly streamline the preparation process before going on a long string of missions.

I threw this together as a simple example

xTvXcPd.png

As you can see I have Zenurik as my active school so it is highlighted the same way it is at the operator menu.

This is a GREAT idea and it could activate based on showing the Schools you have activated.  E.g. if you have Zenurik, Madurai, and Naramon activated then it would show those three to choose from.  :)

The problem there, is that its your arsenal, and as such, has nothing to do with you're Op. Its better to have them separate.

As for the other idea, to let you switch between them.... no.... that's a lot of work for little gain. Better they work on something that will add a lot to the game.

23 minutes ago, TheJagji said:

The problem there, is that its your arsenal, and as such, has nothing to do with you're Op. Its better to have them separate.

As for the other idea, to let you switch between them.... no.... that's a lot of work for little gain. Better they work on something that will add a lot to the game.

I don't really think it is as bad as it seems (the arsenal suggestion). When you are choosing your loadout you are looking at it from the operators perspective. So the operator is choosing what lenses to put on the warframe, what mods etc. Allowing them to select a default focus for the builds they use would not be out of context. As long as the finer aspects of managing the actual schools remains in the operator room and this is limited to merely selecting the primaries I can't justifiably disagree with this suggestion.

I would like to see this implemented per config if it could work. That would allow for build variation where as the current suggestion only applies to selecting one loadout which potentially ignores the fact that I might run zenurik on my link trinity and vazarin on my ev trinity, for example.

17 hours ago, TheJagji said:

The only saving grace of the school and amp changing is that it's a 5 away while you're on your orbiter.
If you're in Cetus, sorry, no school or amp changing for you.
Which is a major problem given that's where the Eidolon fights are.

Honestly, both amp and school *are* part of your arsenal. They're just attached to your operator rather than your frame.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

On 16/12/2017 at 4:10 AM, Mofodo said:

Seems like an excellent idea. I assume these focus schools could be locked into loadouts as well? My Trinity loadout automatically has Vazarin equipped while my energy-hungry Rhino loadout has Zenurik.

Of course. Better loadout functionality is always a good thing.

On 17/12/2017 at 11:42 PM, TheJagji said:

I cannot agree with this simply because of how much of a pain it is constantly having to go through all the transitions to switch schools. If that's the only saving grace for keeping something in a game like this in light of other thing such like player comfort and ease then it needs to be changed.