Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Luminous Dye Not working after update

yingji

I'm SO GLAD I wasen't the only one FRUSTRATED AS HELL in the oceans with Luminos Dye. I WANT TO SPEARFISH whoever at DE that thought it was a good idea to change the luminos dye into this buggy mess THAT DOESN'T EVEN WORK!!!

If you want a squad-based dye....then make it ANOTHER BLUEPRINT. 

For me, the first dye toss on entering the plains works for a little while (30-60 secs) and then nothing. When the dye was working, the fish would respond to my actions. However, when the dye stops working, the fish no longer respond even when spearing another fish right next to them. Maybe somebody slipped high grade Pharoma into my Luminos Dye packs. I only tried the lakes but the Norg and Cuthol baits both worked.

https://imgur.com/a/JrNrd

Noticed after the latest update that the new luminous dye is not working unless its not supposed to highlight the fish like it used to.

threw one out right on a Mortus Lungfish to see if it was just the radius but it seems to not work at all.

Image above shows the dye not working sitting on top of a fish.

Edited by Gweed

1 minute ago, Redspace0095 said:

aye, dropped a murkray bait on a fresh coastal spawn point at night and had 2 dyes out. Could not tell if the Dyes were not working or the bait wasn't

murkrays have a very low spawnrate even with bait and so far i've only seen the dye malfunction not the bait at least not twilight bait.

7 minutes ago, Squirrel86 said:

Also having severe issues with the dye, one time it's working, next time it's not. Doesn't seem to matter how many I put out..

ive put 3 in one small area and its not working. in total ive maybe thrown about 15 dyes and none is working....

1 minute ago, Gweed said:

ive put 3 in one small area and its not working. in total ive maybe thrown about 15 dyes and none is working....

I've had similar issues, sometimes if I let all dyes and baits run out, it might work when throwing a new one.. But something seems to have been broken in last patch..

5 minutes ago, Squirrel86 said:

I've had similar issues, sometimes if I let all dyes and baits run out, it might work when throwing a new one.. But something seems to have been broken in last patch..

i do belive more than dyes and bait are bugged. unless its been changed you used to be able to roll in Ivaras Prowl but now it just brings you out of invis...

Doesn't work for me either. Mucho sadness.  Guess I have to do bounties again til it's fixed. :sadcry:

Also note, the first time I threw a luminous dye, it did work. However, subsequent dyes did not. Bait seems to be working just fine as far as I can tell.

Moving to a different fishing spot does not fix the problem.

Photo:

Spoiler

Blue: dye
Yellow: fish

82kf34a.jpg

Edited by WargasmicJustin
added information.

Doesn't work for me either. Mucho sadness.  Guess I have to do bounties again til it's fixed. :sadcry:

Also note, the first time I threw a luminous dye, it did work. However, subsequent dyes did not. Bait seems to be working just fine as far as I can tell.

Moving to a different fishing spot does not fix the problem.

Photo:

Reveal hidden contents

Blue: dye
Yellow: fish

82kf34a.jpg

so I have had this bug since the plains of eidolon update where bait would just disappear instead of properly throwing / casting and this caused me to have to waste on avg 10-20 bait just to get one into the water and working and now that luminous works like bait I cant use that either

It does disappear when thrown quite often.

But also, even if it doesn't disappear, it doesn't even work.

So, there's that too.

Fishing is totally fubar right now.

Refund all fishing materials to all players since last patch please thanks. It's the least you could do.