Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Luminous Dye Not working after update

yingji

For me it does not work at all, I drop one and it just sits there laughing at me. I appreciate the attempt at making team fishing more efficient, but I severely hate the lack of testing to see if the attempted coding actually works and instead just being like: "here, here's an update, we don't know if it works or not, but we don't particularly care."  And the fact that this hasn't been fixed yet really worries me.

Edited by ThunderKO_okie

The luminos dye worked the first time I used it, but after that -- nothing.   Here are two screen shots with the fish circled. I'm glad that I was in the ocean area where the water is clear. This will probably be a real pain at night in other areas though.

Luminos dye not working 1

Luminos dye not working 2

EDIT:  I left the Plains and exited the game. I went back in and, just as before, the Luminos Dye worked once. After that, nothing. Looks like it's not getting reset when subsequent dyes are thrown out.

Edited by WidescreenRules
Additional information

since they have changed the way of using the dye, it is not working anymore.

Tested 10+ on 3 accounts

1. only lighted up on the first time, then stop working at all

2. simply not showing anything at all 

3. some place the dye just drop straight through to the bottom then out of  the map

so DO NOT WASTE  ANY OF YOUR DYE UNTIL IT IS FIXED!

Edited by Niuby

Cant see the high light of fish with DYE , it was bug , at begining i can see it , but after try more throw the "DYE" , the light not shown , Still can fishing , but not so ezly , Please FIX IT SOON!! :c #somuch_waste #DYE :c :c

As far as I can tell, Luminous Dye does nothing. Like others in the thread, checked with multiple bodies of water. You throw the dye into the water, it floats there, and... what? What's supposed to happen? Because I can't see anything different.

This is a bug, right?

Also: I read in the patch notes that dye and bait are supposed to share their effects party wide? That isn't working either. You can see your friend's baits or dye, but like goggles they do nothing.

it seems Our warframe still have a short Range around self too. for example if you throw the dye in the water but your warframe still too far you won't see the fish glow. You then need to move closer just like the how the old dye work to see them.

if it is work as intended. i think it's kinda worse than how the previous dye work.

The first dye tossed works perfectly. Afterwards, subsequent dyes do not work:

wlpGilo.png

(there are plenty of fish burbling underneath all those floating dyes)

It seems that dyes do work again once an arbitrary amount of time has passed, but I haven't confirmed how long (definitely longer than two minutes/when the dye sinks). I left a previous fishing location to perform an incursion and returned to another fishing location, and tossing a dye worked.

Edited by Lugwy

From 2 experiments i did the first dye will work, after it expires any already existing fish that have been marked with that dye will remain marked forever even after it expired, and also any new fish after that cannot be marked even by a new dye