Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Luminous Dye Not working after update

yingji

Confirming this. Luminous Dye tends not to work on first throwing it into any body of water (I don't think it is 100%, but definitely more than 50% of the time). However, unequipping a fishing spear, then re-equipping the spear and throwing the dye again, seems to work.

10 minutes ago, Seiyashi said:

Confirming this. Luminous Dye tends not to work on first throwing it into any body of water (I don't think it is 100%, but definitely more than 50% of the time). However, unequipping a fishing spear, then re-equipping the spear and throwing the dye again, seems to work.

i guess i need to stack x2 above for the dye. but sometime work. sometime not. my dye gone -.-

Edited by -IILov3Cookie-

31 minutes ago, -IILov3Cookie- said:

i guess i need to stack x2 above for the dye. but sometime work. sometime not. my dye gone -.-

Well, that is tough, but at least now it can be done within 2 dyes. I threw 6 in while testing once ><.

If you're hard up for the iradite, launch a high-level bounty and run around with a Looter Carrier. 5 iradite per formation gets you a lot of iradite pretty fast.

31 minutes ago, Seiyashi said:

Well, that is tough, but at least now it can be done within 2 dyes. I threw 6 in while testing once ><.

If you're hard up for the iradite, launch a high-level bounty and run around with a Looter Carrier. 5 iradite per formation gets you a lot of iradite pretty fast.

same i throw 5 or 6 still not highlight it =.=

Tried unequipping/re-equipping spear. Doesn't fix problem with dye not working in sea areas.

Tried spamming dyes. Doesn't work.

Tried moving away from coast until dye expires, then moving to the coast and applying new dye. Doesn't work.

Fishing 2.0 ladies and gentlemen and otherkin.

So after the last patch, the luminos dye are not working properly as you can see from the screenshot attached.

DE, can you please check what happened and fix this? Lots of people are having troubles with this... I've spent 8 Luminos to show out few fishes, this is not how it was meant to be

Thanks for your attention

Edited by dat_Scorpion

I noticed since you turned the dye from something applied to weapon (i was guessing) to a deploy-able like bait that it doesn't always work

At first i thought it might be because im stealthed (ivara), so I tried unstealthing and same result, i tried multiple dyes, nothing, all of them failed to work, I did on occassion maybe 1 out of 5 tries got it to work via alt tabbing and tabbing back after there were no more dyes.

things i had tried and got partial fixes from are as follows:

• hitting escape to get to the menu once all dies currently in the water 3 times ouf of 8
  • alt tabbing 4 out of 6 times got it to work

multiple dyes in water have no effect, oonce the first one doesnt work it seems no other one will.

i left the plains and re entered, no effect

i relogged, no effect

tried a non stealth char (in case that was the mechanic), no effect

best guess is it has something to do with the cursor position, possibly in regards to multiple monitors, and the fact that the game is in borderless windowed mode. i will test this later. below are some screen caps where i circled the fish and the dye is clearly there in the water not working.

9KGnxEN.jpgOuGdZte.jpgJDqcUsX.jpgtxSXHPO.jpg

Edited by CHEAT0S

+1 for this bug. Since u can use luminos as bait it is hardly ever work. I place 1, no effect, then i start spamming all over the place still no effect at all.

Give us back the old verson :'(

In night it is nearly imposible to fish at all, and u need a lot rare or special fish what apire only at night. -,-

GG

Best regards:

Tricky

[Luminos Dye] is since last update broken, and does not work when thrown into water (doesnt highlight fish). This kinda sucks, especially since its weekend and ppl bought boosters (including me) for more fish & stuff.

I am aware, that there are multiple threads regarding this issue, however, until this gets fixed, there is actually easy solution to make Luminos work.

And i am sorry, if there is already mentioned the solution to this, but i just wanted to share some useful knowledge to avoid possible ragequit.

1. While having your weapon equipped, press Q to open up menu for gear / emotes.
  2. Select the spear
  3. Select the Luminos Dye
  4. Select the Luminos Dye (again)
  5. Select your weapon again (press F)
  6. Open up the gear wheel again and select the fishing spear
  7. Select the Luminos Dye
  8. Select the Luminos Dye (again)
  9. Throw in water (and Luminos will magically work again, atleast by doing this, it works for me)

Hope it helped, have fun with what remains of the weekend, Tenno.

5 hours ago, Inquizitor said:

Typical Digital Extremes. Manages to break the game exactly for the weekend.

If i knew about this, i wouldnt buy a resource booster. Wanted to fish all the weekend. 

"Thanks" DE

yeah and break the game for the sake of no actual player benefit, weather has no effect on game play, doesn't change drops, mob spawn, resource spawn. its just needless fluff  that this is an issue. Personally ill always opt for function over form.

DE please get priorities back to sane management and stop needlessly breaking things for the sake of aesthetics.

i have something of a fix, dont know if its just luck or what not but could use a tester outside myself.

basically before you put down another dye, ...well....you noob it up and jump into the water a couple times with weapon selected, this allowed me to deploy another dye and it worked pretty consistantly, it seems 3 or more jumps into the water so your position changes seems to work

1switch from spear back to weapons,

2 jump in the water 2-3 times so your position changes, meaning if you are at sea and jump out to one of the rocks by the shark, then it will reset you to the cliff.

3 get close to the wter, switch back t o spear and select dye. this worked all but 2 times and im pretty sure i just only jumped in once on those occasions

I've been having the same problem too. The first dye worked but then after reapplying it, it just stopped working. I worked my &amp;#&#33; off to get 40p and bought the 3 days resource booster because its the weekend and this is what I end up getting instead. Why did they have to change the dye mechanics, it was all fine with the first one.