Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Design Council Public Discord Server - The Tenno Council

(XBOX)Grimsley Clause

DCbannerv.png

Hello everyone! It's been in beta for a while here, but the Design Council Discord Server is now live and public! We recently fixed everything up, made it look pretty, y'know, tidied up the place in an effort to make viewing and joining more manageable and friendly.

We have public users in there already and have been testing how the server would work. So far, it's worked great, and everyone is super friendly! We even managed to get affiliated with the Officially Recognized Public Warframe Server ran by Guide of the Lotus Tobiah! (Thanks again buddy, we really appreciate it!)

Now, this server is essentially a more... OPEN way of communicating with Councillors, Guides of the Lotus, and even a few Content Creators and Streamers. It's an easier way to communicate with your platform's representitives. We obviously cannot reveal anything DC related, but we love talking about the game, so there's sure to be plenty of conversation about mechanics, lore, and everything else! We want new players that join to receive all the help and info they need, and Veterans to have somebody to play and talk with (Farming's boring by yourself).

Just for sake of advertising, as for basic features, there's Trading and Recruitment tabs per Platform, Lore Discussion Tabs, a dedicated "Everything Random" tab, and more. We also try to hold Monthly to Bi-monthly Contests where you can win prizes! These contests are created and thought up by the Design Council, so thank them if the prizes are good!

Now, that all being said, while the server is public, certain areas are blocked off to normal users and are strictly Design Council orientated, and it's LITERALLY impossible to sneak in there as we verify each councillor personally. (Don't worry DE, we're holding onto your rules tightly)

We simply ask that if you choose to join, State your Platform (PC, Xbox One, or PS4) and wait til an administrator or Moderator can get to you, or use the bot command our friend Tobiah, creator of Genesis Bot, has to give yourself your platform privileges. You can find the command in the "Welcome Aboard" channel. (Command is /join if you can't see it) If you want to also receive notifications about server news when they happen, there's a group you can join from Genesis as well called simply "Info".

Please, if you join, be respectful and follow the rules. We don't want to have to lock the server from the public due to a few mischief makers. We in the DC speak English (regardless where we came from) and would prefer all conversations be in English so we can participate!

Here is the link to all those that wish to join the fun and conversation!

Thanks for reading!

https://discord.gg/cTZG2r8

Edited by (XB1)ALG Minuscule36
Replaced Permalink. x2
  • Like 1

this can only go poorly.

talking about closed discussions, and being Public - means it's EULA/ToS breaks waiting to happen, on a regular basis.
this isn't a good idea. not as Community run. if it was official, then the appropriate security measures could be in place to ensure leaks can't happen.

13 minutes ago, taiiat said:

this can only go poorly.

talking about closed discussions, and being Public - means it's EULA/ToS breaks waiting to happen, on a regular basis.
this isn't a good idea. not as Community run. if it was official, then the appropriate security measures could be in place to ensure leaks can't happen.

Actually, it has been active for a while. It has gone extremely smoothly.

I'm currently working with @[DE]Aidan in an attempt to officiate it.

Currently, we verify every councillor in our own section of the forums. If you are not DC, you can't access that area, thereby nobody outside can get in.

I understand and thank you for your concern, but I assure you, we have this under tight wraps.

55 minutes ago, taiiat said:

this can only go poorly.

be aware appropriate measures have been taken for security and isolation of said topics. de staff has been present on the server 

Also we have active GOTL & Chat mods from warframe on the server as well , and they can verify the setup 

its similar to region chat and dc chat in game , how the two exist but are separate 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)EternalDrk Mako said:

be aware appropriate measures have been taken for security and isolation of said topics. de staff has been present on the server 

Also we have active GOTL & Chat mods from warframe on the server as well , and they can verify the setup 

the point is that it doesn't matter what security is in place, so long as the security is managed by not Digital Extremes - then it can't be trusted and is prone to leaks.

10 minutes ago, taiiat said:

the point is that it doesn't matter what security is in place, so long as the security is managed by not Digital Extremes - then it can't be trusted and is prone to leaks.

This can be applied to any server, especially those with Dataminers.

If you're so skeptical, maybe you should join and look around. It won't hurt, and you can say "I told you so".

Again, we thank you for your concern, but it is unnecessary. We have it covered.

If you TRULY have an issue, bring it up to a DE member so they can talk to me about it.

4 minutes ago, taiiat said:

that statement is a fallacy, the fact is even with DE leaks have occurred  

its not something you can ever fully plan for, but being worried about it is rational 

the server staff are either dc/gotl/chat mods and as such are aware of what is appropriate and what is sensitive info 

we have plenty of members who are also admins of other servers and can verify discords security setup with you , if that would help dampen your uncertainty ?

if your mind is made up before looking it over, that its not secure no matter what we say , theres nothing I can do to change that  

but if your of the mind to look it over, and explore the server to see it first hand. i think youll enjoy yourself and have a pleasant experience 

i do hope you come to check out the server though, 

~best regards 

Mako 

1 hour ago, Gokuofuin said:

Fixed

No need to continue the conversation on this topic. Mako and Myself have said all that needs speaking, please refrain from continuing it.

Comments such as this spark arguments and as such are unnecessary.

EDIT: Thank you for adjusting.

In an expansionary and friendly exchange, we've now partnered with the:

Warframe Latinoamérica y España server.

El servidor de Discord cuenta con un número actual de 1500+ miembros, el servidor pertenece a la comunidad WLAE y es usado por la misma y la alianza WLAE.

(English: 

Warframe Latin America and Spain

The discord server has a current number of 1500 + members, the server belongs to the WLAE community and is used by it and the WLAE Alliance.)

Lots of love to our friends in the community!

In addition to that, we've also partnered with Hydroxate, in addition to our other Content Creators Skeezy, Copenhagengrins, and XiaRose! Thanks for your interest, we love you guys!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Little bit of an update.

In addition to hosting some new partners and servers, such as the Official German Warframe Discord, and some more partners such as Zanagoth, Sherpa Rage, and Crazy Bike Man, we've introduced new giveaway systems (Gave away 8 Catalysts on Xbox in the last 2 weeks alone), have restructured the entire server and made it even prettier.

I don't think I touched on it, but i'd like to point out that we have round-the-clock moderation. Just felt that was something I should say.

We have also introduced an international category and channels for those who either don't speak English and would like to join, or who have English as a second Language and would like a spot to speak in their own tongue. Currently, we've limited it to German, Spanish, French, and Russian channels, but we hope to expand on it!

We recently took out our raid voice channels (rest in spaghetti, never forgetti) but left our other voice channels in place for PC folk.

I know it's been a while since I updated here, but it's been busy.

Hope to see some new faces as I also fixed the permalink. Apparently it's been dead and nobody told me :/

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not Commander Shepard and this is my favorite Warframe Discord server.

Some are too elitist (hi raids/eidolon focused servers)

Some are too large and spammy (hi official server)

Some are focused on a single purpose (hi WarTrade)

To address some of the early concerns in this thread, in my experience so far there has been no issue whatsoever with the server.

This Discord server has a good structure and a responsive, commited and pedagogue team of moderators.

It facilitates communication between players in a very friendly way, while providing you with all the information you need.

Also dank memes and @Exploderizer

• 2 months later...