The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

In-Game Clan Emblems Screen Shot

Norry.

Question

Basically what the title says. I'm intrested to see some screen shots of the in-game clan emblems people have, maybe even compared to the original file that was submitted. I'm planning to make my own and I want to know how basic or detailed I can get within the 128x128 for it to look good in the game.

Thank you for anyone who replies and helps me with this.

5 answers to this question

Looking for this too.

So I bought the clan emblem to see how it would look in game. The lighting works exactly like warframe energy and it will always maintain its color despite the environmental lighting. It also seems to be slightly curved to fit around the shoulder. Because of these attributes I think it would be best to have our emblem slightly transparent, otherwise it would be too bright.

http://i3.minus.com/jbuZOgJMdP3vN3.jpg

The placement on the emblem seems to vary between each warframe.

Hope this helps a bit.

That does help a bit, but also leaves the question of how fine of details can one go that will still look good in-game?

Does it need to be a basic 2 tone graphic with one transparent and one color or can it be a pretty detailed image and still translate into the game?

I've seen some designs by searching the forums that are very basic and some that are pretty detailed, but none with in-game screen shots along side them to know how they look there.

Thanks for the reply, and do anyone else who may reply on this.

It's pretty detailed as you can see on the middle and right screen shot. If you use bloom it will, of course, drown out some of the details. However for the majority of the time you'll be seeing the emblem from far away. Which is why I recommend making a simple, easily recognized graphic shape first and then use detail.