Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Movement system /Mouse Keyboard =frustrating over complicated for me

Zarrostarr

Can keep up with the game , where others jump i sprint around to the destination .

Where i have to i just pray i make it ...

Main reason i never play fighting games as they are horrible on mouse and keyboard, where this movement system is based off imho.

First i refuse to ask for a dumb down i just need some help to solve the gap and make it a bit more easy to process for my brain .

This is no case off git gut i have attention disorder so this RSI provoking movement system(keyboard)  also hurts my brain and lets my frustration levels o.d. 

Are macro's ok or wil this get me banned ???

Thanks for reading !

As a console player, I can attest that this game works almost perfectly on a controller.  If you can afford it and aren't turned off by controllers, this would be my recommendation.  I haven't played PC games in awhile, but last I checked there were some USB Xbox-style controllers that worked really well.

Slide + roll is usually enough to move around at a decent speed.

Slide + bullet jump + roll/double jump for any other situtation.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Unstar said:

As a console player, I can attest that this game works almost perfectly on a controller.  If you can afford it and aren't turned off by controllers, this would be my recommendation.  I haven't played PC games in awhile, but last I checked there were some USB Xbox-style controllers that worked really well.

As a steam controller user, I have absolutely no idea how console players manage to play this game without ripping their hair out due to functions DE refuses to allow us to rebind.

Edited by PrivateRiem

Its not fighting game, its a shooter. From what I can tell, you are not experienced with shooters on mouse and keyboard. I would suggest trying games that dont demand that much at once, but using the same persepective - 1st person and 3rd person games. Like Portal series, Witcher ect.

Macro is ok as long as it doesnt make the game play by itself. So something very minimal like to bind bulletjump or slide attack onto one key should be OK, but that the maximum extent. Making it a toggle that allows you to spam slide attacks while you are walking without any more input that just walking is a clear offence of that rule and would get you banned.

Edited by Xardis

Macros are banned as far as I know. The movement system isn't really much different to any other shooter I have played and ctrl+space for a bullet jump seems pretty natural to me without and hand gymnastics. Maybe a controller would fit you better? I know a friend of mine had to set up his dual shock 4 profille by hand but I think xbox controllers have a native profile?

EDIT: Ninja'd and Xardis says macros might be ok. I would definitely look into the rules on that before trying it though, just in case!

Edited by Shalath

3 minutes ago, PrivateRiem said:

As a steam controller user, I have absolutely no idea how console players manage to play this game without ripping their hair out due to functions DE refuses to allow us to rebind.

lH4PzMK.jpg

These are my controller bindings.  I find that they work great, with the exception of Secondary Fire.  But since very few weapons have Secondary Fire, it's a minor loss.  There's probably some quality of life benefits to having a keybind for every single function, but this gets me by just fine...and I don't have to use a keyboard and mouse, which I'm personally not a fan of. :)

1 minute ago, ACULonSeer said:

I immediately rebound my keys to mirror my destiny 2 setup and ithe works perfectly. I'll look up my bindings later if you want

That would be awesome .
Again its not because i want it easy its more my brain cant process the different keys i must use 

Do understand for anyone  who has no attention disorder it sounds like bs 
Had to deal with that my whole life so iam used to that 

It looks like i might have to get a controller or at least try one .

Thanks all for advice it much appreciated i love this game and want to keep loving it  :cool:

Oh just seen macro's are ok will try them first ,again thanks !!!!

Edited by Zarrostarr

1 minute ago, Zarrostarr said:

There are a lot of people who have a lot of difficulty understanding anything beyond their own experience.  But I want you to know, it doesn't sound like BS to anyone who's actually listening. :)

1 minute ago, (PS4)Unstar said:

There are a lot of people who have a lot of difficulty understanding anything beyond their own experience.  But I want you to know, it doesn't sound like BS to anyone who's actually listening. :)

Thank you my bad iam so used to it ...i should know better you people are different :inlove:

8 minutes ago, Zarrostarr said:

That would be awesome .
Again its not because i want it easy its more my brain cant process the different keys i must use 

my toggle sprint and toggle crouch (different than hold sprint and crouch) are left shift and ctrl

My melee is E because it's close to Walmart

My chat is enter 

Interact is X

Powers are my 1-4 buttons

Emotes are Q

Tell me if you need more than that

3 minutes ago, Zarrostarr said:

Thank you my bad iam so used to it ...i should know better you people are different :inlove:

I don't want to falsely set up your expectations, as this community has plenty of people who can't see past their own noses.  I'm just saying, as audacious as it may seem at times, you deserve to expect better from people. :)

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Unstar said:

These are my controller bindings.  I find that they work great, with the exception of Secondary Fire.  But since very few weapons have Secondary Fire, it's a minor loss.  There's probably some quality of life benefits to having a keybind for every single function, but this gets me by just fine...and I don't have to use a keyboard and mouse, which I'm pesonally not a fan of. :)

Here's my setup for Steam Controller

wyP6Uvi.png

Right pad becomes Gear Wheel and Skill selection depending on which button you press.

X+Y toggles map, X+B toggles chat, Double tapping Y drops a waypoint.

Joystick is used to scroll menus.

Left touch pad is used as a joystick to move around, crouch and slide. Moving far enough on the touchpad triggers an auto-run function, which is disabled if left trigger is used (Running while aiming cancels the aiming)

Select button adds an autofire function to the right trigger for both primary and secondary fire. Double tapping select enables currently selected skill autofire (Good for old desecrate or trinity EV)

The Gyro sensors add an additional level of control while aiming, and is only enabled if the right touchpad registers input.

Left trigger (Soft press) is used for aiming, while a quick, full pull on the trigger makes your warframe roll. This was pain-stakingly difficult to setup properly and took me a long time, because I wanted to be able to parkour as effectively on my controller as on my keyboard, and that required being able to slide and roll while aiming in the air.

Start button simple press opens the menu and moves the mouse over the middle left of the screen (usually over the options button) for quick menuing with the mouse. Holding the button pops up the mission log screen.

Steam has recently added action layers which almost completely removes all the limitations I had on my setup. (I originally tried playing this on a Xbone controller, ended up ripping my hair out, got a refund and bought a steam controller. Best decision of my life)

Edited by PrivateRiem

7 minutes ago, Zarrostarr said:

That would be awesome .

As someone who also has it, believe me, once you really dig into wf and all its systems and build up muscle memory,  and find some contentedness and patience, you will love what this game can offer. Except the wait times lol

Try playing a low armor, fast frame that forces you to move around, or just focus on doing some capture and extermination runs and don't worry about killing, just race and catch up. Then, for mobile defense, survival, and md or interception, then challenge yourself to outdo others or yourself. You'll have fun and gain lots.

It will be hard to go back to other games once you get used to it because they will feel so slow, basic, like you are doing so very little.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Unstar said:

People who actually care to listen and have compassion or care are the ones worth interacting with. The people who don't care to understand beyond their own world aren't going to be worth a lot. 

Have fun and good luck!

2 minutes ago, ACULonSeer said:

my toggle sprint and toggle crouch (different than hold sprint and crouch) are left shift and ctrl

My melee is E because it's close to Walmart

My chat is enter 

Interact is X

Powers are my 1-4 buttons

Emotes are Q

Tell me if you need more than that

This isn't the default? Because this is my exact setup.

Also double tapping lshift for rolling, and having the power you use the most, and quick melee bound to your mouse can also help a lot.

3 minutes ago, Terrornaut said:

As someone who also has it, believe me, once you really dig into wf and all its systems and build up muscle memory,  and find some contentedness and patience, you will love what this game can offer. Except the wait times lol

Try playing a low armor, fast frame that forces you to move around, or just focus on doing some capture and extermination runs and don't worry about killing, just race and catch up. Then, for mobile defense, survival, and md or interception, then challenge yourself to outdo others or yourself. You'll have fun and gain lots.

It will be hard to go back to other games once you get used to it because they will feel so slow, basic, like you are doing so very little.

People who actually care to listen and have compassion or care are the ones worth interacting with. The people who don't care to understand beyond their own world aren't going to be worth a lot. 

Have fun and good luck!

Its always good to hear from someone who knows how it is this is a great motivation thank you so much !!!

2 hours ago, Zarrostarr said:

Its always good to hear from someone who knows how it is this is a great motivation thank you so much !!!

Movement in Warframe is an acquired skill, and has an element of Magikarp Syndrome.  It's frustrating and hard until all of the sudden something goes 'click' in the back of your head and you start pulling off moves that make stunt choreographers weep with envy and wonder why you ever thought this was hard at all. 

My setup (only works if you have thumb buttons on your mouse):

Activate: e

Crouch/slide (the one where you have to keep holding otherwise your frame while stand up again): thumb button (mouse)

Roll/sprint: shift

Aim: right MB

Fire: Left MB

Quickmelee: Q

Your quick menu where you can select emotes and things like scanners: F

Secondary fire: middle mousebutton (see if this works for you, I could do this earlier but now it conflicts with block in melee mode for some reason. You can put it on another mousebutton if it doesnt work)

Melee mode: tab

Melee attack: left MB

Block: middle MB

Channeling: right MB and changed to toggle

Thank you all much appreciated i do love this game so much i will press on :inlove:

Just avoiding leveling my MR for the moment so i don't get frustrated :)  

My favorite is and will always be doing "missions" with groups , the "pure" shooter experience imho 

Again thank you for the advice's and uplifting words :cool: 

23 hours ago, (PS4)Unstar said:

lH4PzMK.jpg

These are my controller bindings.  I find that they work great, with the exception of Secondary Fire.  But since very few weapons have Secondary Fire, it's a minor loss.  There's probably some quality of life benefits to having a keybind for every single function, but this gets me by just fine...and I don't have to use a keyboard and mouse, which I'm personally not a fan of. :)

You should consider using the swipe functions for your powers.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

You should consider using the swipe functions for your powers.

I actually can't imagine how people use the swipe features for anything that comes up regularly in gameplay.  It seems like the best way to do it is to take one of my hands entirely off its side of the controller temporarily, and that just won't do.

But it sounds like it works for you.  I'm curious, how do you use your body to swipe?  I'm interested in every last detail.

On 17/12/2017 at 4:32 PM, Zarrostarr said:

Are macro's ok or wil this get me banned ???

Macros for movement are still fully allowed, the AFK rule has been instigated for any other strats that use them, so no, unlikely you'll get a ban.

The one I use most is that I've just put Ctrl + Space together, which means I can tap the same button three times for Bullet Jump then Jump and then Slide for faster movement across maps. Throw in the Shift key for the Dive Roll to improve momentum (as long as you're not playing Limbo) and you've got a pretty amazing two-button layout for movement.

Bullet Jump, Jump, Roll, Slide, in that order, and you'll cover incredible distance.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Unstar said:

I actually can't imagine how people use the swipe features for anything that comes up regularly in gameplay.  It seems like the best way to do it is to take one of my hands entirely off its side of the controller temporarily, and that just won't do.

But it sounds like it works for you.  I'm curious, how do you use your body to swipe?  I'm interested in every last detail.

Use your thumb and swipe up, down eft right you each power. Saves you buttons. Or did you want a more detailed response?