Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus 4th Ravenous Bug [Fixed]

matityah

So Nidus' ravenous is bugged out. When cast, it only spawns the tendrils instead of all the other effects along with it. It has an infinite duration, and the caster keeps the hp regen wherever they go. This has been happening in and out of the Plains. (Tested it on the Earth defense and had same results)

I1gbubO.jpg

This was taken right after casting. My duration has it set to 62 seconds, and this only shows 1. As shown above only the tendrils have spawned, and I still have the hp regen.

fAUWQnu.jpg

And this is the same patch but much further. Still the same duration left, and hp regen.

I first noticed this pop up after the update recently which introduced Focus 2.5, Dynamic Weather in the plains and Cetus, among other things. Not sure what change caused this, but that was the first time I experienced this issue. Would love to see some info on this one, as I miss my adorable little bug babies. 

On 12/10/2017 at 4:36 PM, JOHACOL said:

Hi, recently i go to a sup and my 4 doesent work, no maggots and no infested things in the floor only the tentacles and thats weird. If someone can tell me what is happend because i close the game and the bug stay and the timer of the ability doesent move stay on 48 for ever. 

I have the same problem, only, My pods and maggots spawn. What doesn't spawn is the grass and fleshy tentacles.

2 hours ago, Raigii said:

I have the same problem, only, My pods and maggots spawn. What doesn't spawn is the grass and fleshy tentacles.

I can confirm this after testing in Akkad.

***UPDATE***

This bug appears to be VISUAL, as the maggots, pods, and healing mechanics do seem to work properly. As confirmed by many players, the "carpet" does not show up. As was stated previously in another thread, the timer on the ability bar for Ravenous remains frozen at your total ability duration. I did use the stop-watch function on my phone, and it does in fact last for the full duration of Ravenous shown on the icon upon activation.

I'm no expert at coding or programming, but I imagine that getting the visual effects of the ability back would be easier than getting the entire ability sorted out. 

Note: This bug does not appear to affect 100% of the player base, as I have seen other people retain the full visual effect on different streams on Twitch.

******FURTHER UPDATE******

I tested this on Akkad solo, and the ability does in fact appear to be BROKEN. I got three stacks, activated the ability, and voila! the effect was there. However, there were no maggots to speak of, though I did hear the sound effect. Furthermore, I was able to cast the ability multiple times, again and again.bsvtMeA.jpg

As you can see, holding 1 shows absolutely no sign of any maggots. You can also see that the amount of times I can cast this is...well, it's absolutely laughable. Simply put, the ability does not activate in a solo match. Not sure why, but there it is.

Further testing in a public match shows the same thing. I can cast it multiple times, and as before, I have no maggots. Note: I was the host for this match. Further testing incoming. 

4MqeI5d.jpg

Edited by MrBolodenka
Additional informaiton

(I apologize for the double post, but I didn't want to put too many images into one post)

*******FINAL UPDATE*******

After joining a second public match where I was not the host, the ability works as intended, save for the visual effects. I got three stacks, my maggots and pods spawned. After 60 seconds, the ability disappeared. Casting the ability again while the first cast was still active moved the ability to my location and removed the ability from the original location.

Very end of wave 4:

KbL8VFO.jpg

Beginning of wave 5, mere seconds later:

dfdbQeM.jpg

***CONCLUSION***

Nidus' Ravenous ability appears to be broken only for the host. If you wish to retain the ability, you will have to let another person host, or simply poke and prod missions until you get into a match in progress.

Edited by MrBolodenka

I am having the same issue. Whenever I am host the maggots don't appear and there are no visuals apart from the tentacles and some pods. The timer is stuck and remains that way forever and if i move away from the pod i retain the extra healing so even if i am far away from where it spawned i still have the +48 or wtvr it is with my build. Please fix

Hi, So I don't know if this is happening on pc or xbox, but on ps4, nidus' 4th ability "Ravenous" seems to be bugged.

Sometimes after casting it i notice that it hasn'the been spawning maggots. And to make sure of that I held downot the button for virulence to get the overlay that shows you how far virulence goes since it also displays where your maggots are. I didn't see any. Plus considering I didn't see any explode or gain't any mutation points/stacks I'mean just guessing they arn'the spawning at all. And this happens most of the time.

The other problem i notice is that along with not spawning maggots, the infested grass (don't know what else to call it) doesn't appear either, it's just the pods maggots usually spawn from. Nor does the timer go down. Only noticed the timer once so I'm not sure if it's been doing that whenever all thends stuff in this paragraph happens

20 hours ago, Ejuz said:

Plains plain don't like infested grass covering that plain landscape. PoE don't like Nidus since it was released.

Nidus was completely fine with PoE, nothing was wrong with him. Problem came up with the Mirage Prime update. Unless you're just saying in general.

58 minutes ago, Lukimel said:

Nidus was completely fine with PoE, nothing was wrong with him. Problem came up with the Mirage Prime update. Unless you're just saying in general.

its been an issue since before the mirage prime update. its been like this for almost a month

I'm having this problem also, on PC. The maggots are spawning for me, but the infested flora isn't spawning, only the tentacle things at the edges. The timer for me is stuck at 44 constantly and doesn't go down even after the ability has ended.

All his other abilities work fine, Virulence spawns and does damage, Larva spawns and pulls enemies, Parasitic Link does ability strength increase and damage transference as well as being a relay for Virulence, it's only Ravenous.

I would like to note I attempted to change my energy colour to see if this would fix it, but that didn't do a thing to fix it.

Ravenous still has its proper effects; it heals and spawns maggots for me, it's just the timer and the infested flora that doesn't work.

Edited by WarriorKitten
Specifying PC