The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Custom Frame

(PSN)Yukominaro

Not sure about others, but I would like to see a warframe that can use abilities from the warframes you have in your inventory.

They will not be able to use augment mods, and you can only use the slot the abilities were assigned to from the warframe it is copying.  So ability 1 could not go into ability 4 slot. You wouldn't be able to use world on fire from ember and  blessing from trinity on the same frame. But you could use energy vampire from trinity with world on fire from ember and have all the energy you wanted. You can use the appearances and body types of the frames you copied as well that you have unlocked.  You can also choose between male or female bodies. 

Once completed you cannot change the skills, if you would like to change skills you must build another.  It will also lock any warframe you have customized it with so you cannot sell them unless it is deleted first.

It would be fun to see the combinations people come up with.  And you must level it just like any other warframe.

The options could be endless.

Edit:

Skill 1 can only be equipped to skill 1

Skill 2 can only be equipped to skill 2

Skill 3 can only be equipped to skill 3

Skill 4 can only be equipped to skill 4

The passive can only be equipped to the passive. 

It will either lock or destroy the warframes used to build a custom warframe.

Once built you can use the custom warframe to build another if you wish.

Edited by (PS4)Yukominaro
Clarification

It would really be fun.  Being able to fully customize a frame with things you currently have unlocked.  But not from things that have yet to obtained or have been deleted.  

Being as the skills could only be placed in the same slots, would also limit it so you couldn't use the ultimate skill of 4 different warframes.  Mods would have a major impact as well depending on skills you have chosen.  Because some skills you want efficiency or duration, others you want range or strength.  So making a custom frame could be a task on play style.  It could be a new segment for the ships.  And if they wanted to they could make it so each part requires plat.  Being as plat is so easily obtainable through trading. It would take knowledge of each warframe to be able to build a perfect frame for each play style.  And as I said no augment mods so it's relying on the abilities them selves.  It would take creativity to another level.  Not to mention the duels people would face if they dared. Lol

People have suggested such things in the past, but you described a perfect nightmare scenario of why it will never happen.

You will literally go and pick the best of all of the first powers. Then the best of the 2 powers, then the best of the 3 powers, then the best of the 4. It will be impossible to balance, so it can't happen. Most players would just use cookie cutter choices to pick the best ability combinations since no one would intentionally gimp themselves into loadouts that are currently subpar.

So basically you could use chromas insane damage buff,with the crowd control from volt or nyx,with more damage buffs from mirage and even more buffs from rhino.

Yeah no unless you want to play a completely broken game where you can destroy anything in 0.5 seconds this is a bad idea.Players would just stack so much damage i doubt even lvl 9999 enemies would even be a problem

I'd really like to see something like this. But it's really hard to balance...

The only possibility I see for such a frame would be to limit it.

Maybe only allow one skill per frame. Like Rhinos Iron Skin Nezhas spears Nyxs and Embers 1, Excas and Wukongs 3, Nidus 2, and so on...

So no possibility to use Wukongs defy or such skills...

Edited by Nacond

Without augment mods the abilities will not be to full potential.  With some abilities they need range, others need duration.  Of course you could use nyx volt and chroma.  But nyx's ability relies heavily on range and duration,  Where chromas relies heavily on strength.

A heavily over powered frame would be quite hard to build with the restrictions of these variables.

Variables I mentioned.

Each ability has an assigned key.  We will use the ps4 for example.

If it is on the warframe you want the abilities from.  Circle can only be used on circle, square only on square, and so on.

It could also end up actually taking level 30 frames you have, and needing to destroy those frames for the skill transfer.  So you would need to create more than 1 if you wanted multiple skills from it.

Being as different skills do require different things to function for the fullest effect, it takes a lot of planning to make a perfect frame.

You could just jumble skills together, but would it be effective or would it be a falure?

Keeping these skills in their places and using mods to strengthen them is quite a feat.

A mirage, volt, nyx, chroma could be a waste. 

Vex Armor - Strength, Duraion

That leaves Volt without his shield, and nyx without chaos, and mirage without eclipse.

So now you have the strength and armor.  Now you need some other abily to fill trangle, square, and X.

You could take hall of mirrors fron mirage and absorb from nyx, that leaves volt with speed.  

I am sure that wasn't the build you were thinking of.

Edit:

The mods alone on that build would be directed mostly at duration and strength.  

With these combined skills the frame would be fast, and be able to have good dps.  But energy would be a problem.  

Skill 1 can only be equipped to skill 1

Skill 2 can only be equipped to skill 2

Skill 3 can only be equipped to skill 3

Skill 4 can only be equipped to skill 4

The passive can only be equipped to the passive. 

It will either lock or destroy the warframes used to build a custom warframe.

Once built you can use the custom warframe to build another if you wish.

I will post this as an edit. 

Edited by (PS4)Yukominaro

My friend, this issue has come up so many times in the past. The issue of balance really isn't something you can limit by saying things like 'sacrifice frames' or 'you can't use the augments' because people can just farm more frames, or farm up things to trade and buy the frame over again with Plat, and from the other side of things the Augments on most abilities aren't even useful compared to the base function of the abilities...

Even if creating this new frame meant that the other frames permanently wouldn't be able to use that ability whenever you had it in your inventory, that wouldn't matter, because people would just create a different hybrid frame.

It's comments like this that tell me you're not really thinking clearly about the effectts this will have:

11 minutes ago, (PS4)Yukominaro said:

Without augment mods the abilities will not be to full potential.

See, this is where you're not comprehending the combinations here; abilities are powerful on their own, if you could pick and choose any... Well, how about we just look at your possible combinations...

Let's see... how about a frame that has Mirage's 1, Loki's 2, Chroma's 3 and Mesa's 4? The ability to take damage or self-damage anywhere from 400% up to 800% damage in a few seconds with Vex armour (becoming more tanky as you go), go invisible for up to 30 seconds, create clones for an extra 50% damage from clones, and then unleash Peacemaker for not only the massive damage from the other boosts, but also from the Invisibility bonus since Peacemaker is technically a silent ability that will benefit from the Invisibility bonus.

Peacemaker with 2000% base damage? Sure. That definitely sounds like a balanced frame, especially as Vex Armour can make you tankier than Shatter Shield could (especially if you just have a Vazarin dash to heal you up again by 75% of your max health at any time) while Hall of Mirrors and Invisibility make you more survivable on top of that...

How about a frame with Octavia's 1, Trinity's 2, Nekros' 3 and Loki's 4? A frame that will throw down an aggro-drawing, scaling damage orb, take away all projectile weapons in range so that enemies run right at it, infinite energy and infinite sustain due to constant health and loot and life support rolls from all the enemies you're murdering with Mallet...

The ultimate farming frame? Loot from a thousand enemies that come screaming, melee first, towards one of the best damage dealing 1 abilities in the game, with no worries about energy or health ever? That doesn't sound unbalanced at all to you?

And these are just the first two examples off the top of my head.

There are hundreds of niche builds that you might want to go for, ones that would create frames far and away better at their tasks than the originals that you're taking those abilities from ever were.

As people have pointed out in the thread before me: There would literally be no reason for a player to use any other frames. Not beyond levelling them for Mastery.

2 hours ago, Thaylien said:

My friend, this issue has come up so many times in the past. The issue of balance really isn't something you can limit by saying things like 'sacrifice frames' or 'you can't use the augments' because people can just farm more frames, or farm up things to trade and buy the frame over again with Plat, and from the other side of things the Augments on most abilities aren't even useful compared to the base function of the abilities...

Even if creating this new frame meant that the other frames permanently wouldn't be able to use that ability whenever you had it in your inventory, that wouldn't matter, because people would just create a different hybrid frame.

It's comments like this that tell me you're not really thinking clearly about the effectts this will have:

See, this is where you're not comprehending the combinations here; abilities are powerful on their own, if you could pick and choose any... Well, how about we just look at your possible combinations...

Let's see... how about a frame that has Mirage's 1, Loki's 2, Chroma's 3 and Mesa's 4? The ability to take damage or self-damage anywhere from 400% up to 800% damage in a few seconds with Vex armour (becoming more tanky as you go), go invisible for up to 30 seconds, create clones for an extra 50% damage from clones, and then unleash Peacemaker for not only the massive damage from the other boosts, but also from the Invisibility bonus since Peacemaker is technically a silent ability that will benefit from the Invisibility bonus.

Peacemaker with 2000% base damage? Sure. That definitely sounds like a balanced frame, especially as Vex Armour can make you tankier than Shatter Shield could (especially if you just have a Vazarin dash to heal you up again by 75% of your max health at any time) while Hall of Mirrors and Invisibility make you more survivable on top of that...

How about a frame with Octavia's 1, Trinity's 2, Nekros' 3 and Loki's 4? A frame that will throw down an aggro-drawing, scaling damage orb, take away all projectile weapons in range so that enemies run right at it, infinite energy and infinite sustain due to constant health and loot and life support rolls from all the enemies you're murdering with Mallet...

The ultimate farming frame? Loot from a thousand enemies that come screaming, melee first, towards one of the best damage dealing 1 abilities in the game, with no worries about energy or health ever? That doesn't sound unbalanced at all to you?

And these are just the first two examples off the top of my head.

There are hundreds of niche builds that you might want to go for, ones that would create frames far and away better at their tasks than the originals that you're taking those abilities from ever were.

As people have pointed out in the thread before me: There would literally be no reason for a player to use any other frames. Not beyond levelling them for Mastery.

Nekros' desecrate already is infinite if used right from as often as energy is dropped.  Trinity's ability only works on enemies thar are alive.  It balances out to where you get a little more or little less energy from each use depending on how you have your mods.

You have to remember where mods come into play.  Don't forget, Ivara can go invisible as well as make others go invisible. 

While invisible, you don't really take damage aside from status aoe or self damaging weapons, making chromas vex armor not as effective.   

Each skill has it's advantages and disadvantages, based solely on the use of mods. If you max strength and duration, you have no range or efficiency.  A lot of frames the 4th ability is 100 energy, it will be raised to 155.  A number of frames energy even at 30 are only 150 without mods.  So inevitably making it so the 4th ability cannot be used. 

There are many builds, and if custom frames were to come, they could up the ante with missions that you have to utilize many abilities with that current frames could no longer survive. 

My Nekros can go all day long with desecrate running at a 50m range.  So farming isn't a problem for me. 

Yes the point of the frames being consumed or locked is to get people to build more if they wish to use it again.  Some frames you can only get once without plat.

A custom frame brings more variety to a party.  Making use of much unused potential.  Ultimate support, ultimate damage.  There is already invincible frames like trinity. 

They focusing on the operator now. If you haven't realized yet, the operator is more powerful than the frames them selves.  Transferring out of a warframe renders the warframe invincible.  Going into void mode makes the operator avoid and damage. I can 1 shot most enemies with my operator, not to mention 1 shot multiple enemies at the same time, and return to void mode.

Some of the best frames that were, are no longer capable of what they once were.  Take for instance ember, of course she is good at most of the planets.  She can clean out lower enemies.  But as they get higher it turns to augment mods are only useful to an extent with her.

The potential to create a frame to adapt to most situations and be useful as the enemies evolve over time.

Some frames do well with low or no energy, some frames need massive amounts of energy in order to survive. 

Creating the wrong build on a frame could cause too much energy to be used.  Trinity's energy vampire is nearly useless if the enemy dies too fast for the caster to recover energy from it.  And if you don't have the range there, you might be using it for nothing.

Most builds will sound nice initially. But if they are put to the test might not be at their fullest potential.

And by the way, 1 mirrage in a party full of rhinos can put out a lot of damage.  Not to mention frames that buff the roar buff.  I have had roar up over 300%.  Roar stacks as well. 

I have had this exact same suggestion for Umbras.

Basically passives and stats will be based on the [insert frame name] Umbra while the abilties will be based on what frames you sacrifice in making it.

Balancing this does not have to be difficult.

It is a "perpetual beta". They don't have to be balanced at the start.

Along the way, abilities that synergises too OPly can be restricted to be placed on the Umbra and over time, a system for making a custom frame can become balanced out though more limited and restricted than it would be at launch.

The best thing is the system is separate. Just like how Conclave is so it won't affect the normal and prime frames.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

Or maybe the abilities from other frames need to be equipped as a mod.. that way, you only got 4 slots to mod your frame.. no augment, reduced mod slot, i think there’s quite enough to counter the OP thing.. 

like i said before, honestly i really like this idea, it’s just i dont see it will ever happen in the game without proper balance.. 

6 hours ago, (PS4)Yukominaro said:

A custom frame brings more variety to a party.  Making use of much unused potential.  Ultimate support, ultimate damage.

There was a point, and you completely missed it.

The point being DE don't want any one frame to have 'Ultimate Damage' or 'Ultimate Support'. All frames are created with individual strengths and weaknesses already, they have good abilities and weak ones as a specific way to limit what one person can do alone, to encourage team building.

The builds I illustrated were ideals of min-maxing for a purpose, allowing one frame to do the limits in one direction and they were beginnings, not the best that can be thought of. The point of, say, invisibility on a frame that has Vex Armour was not because these abilities together make the frame necessarily more survivable, but because the mechanics of the game, such as Stealth, are exploitable for damage as well as for defense.

Believe it or not, because Warframe is built around the idea of the Power Fantasy, being a godlike force among the mobs of enemies, but each frame is deliberately limited and capped to prevent us from doing exactly what you're describing at all times. A Mirage can put out incredible damage with Rhino buffs that stack? Fantastic, but it still takes three other players on your team willing to play Rhino to do that. 

My point, overall, is that the reason abilities are limited to the different frames, is so that you find what abilities do together, you find Ultimate Damage and Ultimate Support, within the limits of needing other players to do it. Being able to do it all yourself goes against the basis of this philosophy.

Warframes are as powerful as they are because they are separate and need to be able to survive all the same content as each other. Being able to work in a team for even better results is the core of what makes us, as players, more powerful than our gear.

If our gear starts being able to substitute for a team, however, by being able to take their strongest functions for our own... no limits. No balance. No fair game play.

like I said before and thinking more detailed about it... I might have come to some kind of possible solution:

Building: Blueprint + 5 Orokin Cells + Sacrificing the 4 frames which skills you want to use.

Stats: 1/4 of the stats of each sacrificed frame (Health, Shields, Armor, Energy, Speed), random polarities

Each frame offers only one of his abilities, so not all frames can be combined. for sure NO use of augments

List of the skill each frame offers

Spoiler

Ash - 2
Atlas - 4
Banshee - 1
Chroma - 4
Ember - 3
Equinox - ? I have no idea how to deal with him - maybe decide which colour scheme he is using at the moment of sacrificing...
Excalibur - 3
Frost - 2
Gara - 2
Harrow - 1
Hydroid - 1
Inaros - 1
Ivara - 2
Limbo - 4
Loki - 1
Mag - 1
Mesa - 2
Mirage - 4
Nekros - 2
Nezha - 4
Nidus - 2
Nova - 3
Nyx - 1
Oberon - 3
Ovtavia - 2
Rhino - 2
Saryn - 3
Titania - 3
Trinity - 3
Valkyr - 1
Vauban - 3
Volt - 2
Wukung - 3
Zephyr - 3

so here are limited ways to build a frame. And because of the selection of skills it's much easier to balance the frame. It's impossible to make the frame invincible (Wukong, Nyx (which would not be best without augment), Valkyr), he can use Iron skin but without recast (and if using it there is no way to play a stealth-frame), no 10.k dmg-dealing 1st ability (nidus), no "Globe" (Frost, Gara), no exalted weapons.

Still possibilities for heal, croud control, tanks, offensive frames, movement... it would be possible to create a rift (cataclysm is the only possibility for Limbo), but not to use stasis.

Edited by Nacond

On 12/18/2017 at 12:14 PM, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! HELL NO

Nobody would ever run any other frame, the game would hit the bottom barrel of unbalance and every Warframe will lose individuality and uniqueness. -4/10

You could say that zaws are a similar line of thinking though and already in the game.  I imagine that when you construct the warframe, it would have the same checks and balances as zaws do. 

Variety is what this is about.  

Each frame on it's own is quite powerful.  I can solo sorties and many other things without a party.  I do love parties though, and I love to help people through the game.

We can already do more than enough damage with the right weapons skills and mods to 1 hit just about everything.

Hell we can destroy bosses in a mater of seconds.  I have done so many purple crits with damage well into the millions.  Yes people talk about the red crits, but you don't hear about the purple.

Trinity is invincible as long as she has energy,  which that is quite easy being she doesn't need a lot of range or power.  And as long as you are within distance of the enemies. 

Without augments, it takes a lot from a skill. 

Any time you get into certain missions people are always like we want this frame or that frame.  There is nothing unique about that anymore. 

Custom frames bring much more variety to the game.  Sure there will be those that want to attempt to heavily over power a frame.  But there are always limits if the idea is implemented correctly.  With certain abilities put onto a frame you can get into most parties.

Imbalance?  This game had always been unbalanced.  This is what parties are for, to create a balance between many frames.  Even in the conclave it takes a good party.

My Rhino 10k ferrite armor before arcanes kick it.  And with over 800 armor on him it takes a long time to run through that. 

My trinity set up I remain invincible the entire match. If I need energy 100 energy alone is more than enough for me to refresh skills.

I would like to see custom frames with far more challenging enemies than we currently have.  A custom frame isn't a huge game changer if it is implemented correctly. 

Operators are far more powerful now, not to mention the customization.

New life, more unique. 

37 minutes ago, DroopingPuppy said:

A custom frame that able to choose the skills on some pool unique to that one frame seems not so bad, as Chroma does(and it should provide more freedom to customize than Chroma). But not gather the skills from the other frames - reasons as described above.

That's a much better idea IMO.

9 hours ago, DroopingPuppy said:

A custom frame that able to choose the skills on some pool unique to that one frame seems not so bad, as Chroma does(and it should provide more freedom to customize than Chroma). But not gather the skills from the other frames - reasons as described above.

Better, definitely... but it'll do exactly what has happened with the Zaws and Amps, people will run down the list of what the abilities do, how they function, what overall effect they have on large groups/single targets, and then a Meta will be born again where 99% of the people coming after that first wave of 'pioneers' will just build exactly what they saw on Youtube.

Much like the Zaws, there are some parts that are just flat-out better than others, especially when you add in the different Stances, the Exodia Arcanes and so on... Zaws are already best-in-category when built right, and the proposal to do the same thing to Warframes, where a single frame can pick and choose 'parts' from a list can, and almost certainly will, result in the same.

I think that the closest we're ever going to get to this idea is frames like Chroma and Khora (and believe me, I think Chroma should be able to switch Elements the same way Khora can switch IPS types) who have the same skills, but the effects change based on which 'mode' they're in.

Honestly people are already crying foul when it comes to Chroma and Vex Armor and that is just a single frame/ability. If we start being able to match abilities together then we have improved nothing. Invisible (Loki 2) + Vex (Chroma 3) is enough to break the game, being that they are both duration and Vex only needs strength after that. You just increased Custom Chroma's damage 8-fold for nothing. Add in M.Prime (Nova 4), which is also mostly a duration skill for doubling that damage gain and mass CC potential. Probably Spore (Saryn 1) for free viral procs. While Spore needs range it could be third focus just fine (around 150% is probably good enough). With Invis you wouldn't need steelfiber, vitality and/or rage to couple with Vex and efficiency with high duration buffs is a dump stat (especially factoring in focus school Zenurik). None of these powers need augment mods. We could throw in Ember's Passive of increased energy regeneration (I think it is like 5en/sec) and increased power strength (I think it is another 50% str) when heat proced (which you can do with Exodia Contagion self damage and the blast radius fall off damage to minimize your damage to like nothing btw, long enough for Vex to benefit from the increased Fury cap). Supposing that something actually lives through only having effectively 25% of their max health, if you proc a toxin on it (for like 600% x8 stealth damage buff multiplier) it could be spread by Spores to everything in the range you manage to salvage. There is also Hall of Mirrors (Mirage 1) which will definitely get more than 50% per clone damage (My Mirage Prime is at like 60% iirc) and doesn't need range and is another duration and strength buff.

So in summation: Ember Passive + Spore (Saryn 1)/Hall of Mirrors (Mirage 1) + Invisible (Loki 2) + Vex Armor (Chroma 3) + M.Prime (Nova 4) would probably be more than this game ever needed to do anything ever or would be created. It might be fun for a little while to create what ever you want but in the long run there will be nothing DE can do to diminish them enough to make even the smallest challenge for the evitable outliers on the power scale that will exist.