[DE]Connor

[DELAYED] Damage 2.5 Part 1: Physical Damage

Wonder how this will affect abilities like Ember WoF or Banshee Quake and doesn't this also make procs more dangerous towards Tenno as well?

What was it said to be? up to 75% reduced damage with puncture? With all the enemies shooting at your tanky builds that'll be happening more often won't it?

Edited by TrinityPrime
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Woah 2
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 35

Interesting we will see the result ^.^ 

No more opticore with hunter ammunition then ;)

Edited by trunks013
  • Woah 1
  • Upvote 6

Ok so slash will still be overpowered and impact and puncture are really bad compared to it?

Why?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Applause 6
  • Upvote 47

Glad to see DE sees that Impact and Puncture needs a buff, and Slash doesn't need a nerf. This is a great step in the right direction, but I feel that this directly nerfs weapons with even IPS balance instead of something like Atterax with high slash. 

Edited by --Q--Voltage
  • Like 2
  • Satisfied 2
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 5
  • Upvote 41

With Impact being changed to what it will be, it will effectively be a "100%" damage reduction on enemies.
Which takes the role of Puncture completely. Any thoughts on just changing how Puncture works entirely?
Such as putting a weak spot on an enemy, or having puncture procs innately pass through enemies.
It seems more like it would be the "burst" proc, to go along with Impact's CC and Slash's DoT.

• Like 4
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 7
  • Upvote 62

2 minutes ago, BenThePoofle said:

Please rethink punture, lowering the damage they do by 75% is not as good as killing them which reduces their damage by 100%. We all want punture to Reduce armor because it is soposed to specialize against armor when it doesn’t in reality.

Reducing armor is not as good as ignoring armor...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 44

before, a Slash proc would scale based on the weapon’s total base damage output. Now, all procs will be calculated using ONLY the damage type of the proc that is being inflicted.”

This sounds like a nerf to me. Instead of slash procs calculating all ISP damage they now only calculate the slash damage? I could be reading this incorrectly, but it doesn’t sound good.

Edit: I’m glad that impact and puncture are scaling though, just not in the way I would hope.

Edited by EternalSigma
Read something incorrectly
  • Like 1
  • Applause 4
  • Upvote 43

Just now, mrfluffydeath said:

Sometimes people just don't understand that Death is the ultimate in damage mitigation. What's the point in ragdolling an enemy if you can kill it? What's the point in reducing the amount of damage an enemy does if it's dead? A corpse does zero damage. Well. Unless it's a Nox.

Yep, I hope DE realizes that if they want IPS to be on about the same level, slash needs a pretty big nerf.

• Like 1
  • Haha 11
  • Woah 26
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 4

14 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

Before, a Slash proc would scale based on the weapon’s total base damage output. Now, all procs will be calculated using ONLY the damage type of the proc that is being inflicted.

What about stances with forced Slash procs? Some Elemental weapons have stances with forced Slash (E.g. Jat Kusar and Defiled Snapdragon)

Edited by TonnoTuna
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 60

@[DE]Connor How will this affect elemental weapons with combos that have forced procs? I.E: Lacera + defiled snapdragon ?

(Lol @TonnoTuna same minds)

Edited by Synpai
  • Upvote 24

Puncture should really have innate punchthrough as well as an ~80% damage reduction in an ape of the target, impact should reduce armour innately and then shattering impact can buff that.

As for slash, I believe it should take into account 50% of puncture and impact and then 100% of the slash on the base weapon 

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 11

I'm looking forward on how this work & feels by myself once it goes into the game.
Thanks for the information

• Applause 3
  • Upvote 3

For puncture you could instead make them take more damage as a percentage. If you proc puncture they take 20% more damage from all sources and it could stack to 100% or something.

• Like 6
  • Applause 5
  • Upvote 45

16 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

before, a Slash proc would scale based on the weapon’s total base damage output. Now, all procs will be calculated using ONLY the damage type of the proc that is being inflicted

In the current system, mods with +slash damage do not increase the bleed proc damage.
Mods with +damage, +crit, and even +channeling will increase it - but not +slash.
Will this be changed in the new system?

• Upvote 27

I'm not crazy about rag-dolling enemies.  The stagger is fine.  Perhaps the stagger effect can be refreshed/prolonged and DE could add diminishing dexterity that would effect enemy's accuracy or something along those lines. 

• Like 1
  • Satisfied 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 28

11 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

Puncture can be used to minimize enemy lethality for frames with less survivability. Using high status puncture melees like Boltace or Endura, go blow-for-blow with Butchers and Powerfists without breaking a sweat. And if your Lex Prime can’t oneshot the Heavy Gunner rumbling towards your defense point, the enemy’s damage will be diminished long enough to safely deal the finishing blow.

Making holes on them affect their Weapons Woah Warframe Logic LuL

• Haha 13
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 17