Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[DELAYED] Damage 2.5 Part 1: Physical Damage

[DE]Connor

don't usually agree with him but he's right, and his suggestions make sense,
of course the exact numbers/mechanics are DE's call, but this really makes much more sense than the current or proposed changes to IPS,
unless you guys want to reinvent how damage works in the game :/

Damage 2.5 is going to ruin all the hard work DE put into Plains of Eidolon by driving all the newer players away. Not to mention the veterans like me. Might be taking a break along with the few thousand others if the update doesn't change.

Slash is getting nerfed, with the stronger weapons taking the biggest hit. I'm talking about the Tigris Prime that would previously have 20k total physical damage for the slash procs now only working on that 10k slash damage.
Impact is being made a nuisance with the ragdoll effect as opposed to the current stagger. In fact, it appears it may be swapped with blast? RIP the Baza and pretty much every lower damage-per-shot impact weapon.
Puncture is basically being left alone, save that it now has a scaling effect on the damage reduction. I guess you could say it is both being nerfed and buffed - lower minimum but higher maximum.

Lets all just hope DE realises the mistake before the update is released. We don't want the game that was meant to fail; to actually fail, do we?

18 hours ago, BenThePoofle said:

Please rethink punture, lowering the damage they do by 75% is not as good as killing them which reduces their damage by 100%. We all want punture to Reduce armor because it is soposed to specialize against armor when it doesn’t in reality.

A small amount of armor bypass would be better, as we already got tools to reduce armor and bandaids to eliminate it. 20% armor bypass would make puncture a contender, but then we have the issue of impact still being trash. I'd say DE needs to take this rework along with the bandaids (corrosive projection, shield disruption and infested impetence) and put it all in the trashcan and not the game, back to the drawing board and think of ways to let us deal damage with all 3 physical elements and while they're at it, think of a way of making anything but corrosive, viral and gas viable.

Let's see how many people can think for themself.

"oh noes Brozime said..."

Did Brozime say that DE has goofed up on multiple occasions when it comes down to presenting pre-patch information?  Or that DE in genereal do very poor explanations, and usually users do that for them?

But yeah, spam more Brozime videos with click baity thumbnails.

4 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

To me the changes are fine, i'm not a 1 trick pony like most players so essentially all my weapons will perform better, slash to me was never all that valuable unless the enemy was resilient and that is a tad rare to see, even so, other procs would sometimes me more worthwhile, like corrosive, the faster the armor goes down, the faster i can deal the full damage and that alone was better than slah damage, it's funny to see a weapon with less damage ending up killing faster, but that's how things work.

For the most part i liked puncture and impact, not only due to increased damage against certain types of defenses but also because they are instant, slash takes time to take effect and by then the enemy was dead, i know some player rely on slash and slash only to be meaningfull but they will always be a shadow of the players who actually make an effort to kill, cc and use several mechanics to be effective, i know this because all i need is to look and the kills made by random players and i can quickly see that killing isn't a thing that players do all that often.

If players don't kill 10 enemies in a capture, how can they kill 100 in an exterminate or 1000 in a survival? the results just aren't there because for many players killing is still an ongoing process and sadly many only find 1 way to kill, that's why they are 1 trick ponies, i can't even imagine what will happen if players lose critical damage while sliding with wips, poor saps will likely leave warframe i guess.

I know that there are competent players outthere but i honestly hardly ever see them, so this issue around the new IPS changes seems unjustified, to me all changes make sense, not only to the enemies but also to the warframe when it receives said procs (altough i doubt enemies will ragdoll warframes), it also enforces slight modding changes and that isn't all that bad, but i do understand that for players still copying builds and new to modding because they can't figure out if a riven is good or bad, will face even more difficulties.

To me this won't change anything, enemies will still die, enemies will receive instant procs that take effect instantly, slash remains relevant when needed, it's not like a ragdoll is the end of the world, for players who actively seeks enemies to kill, a ragdoll means nothing really, again it will mainly hurt the players that aren't that relevant to begin with.

Literally every single part of this entire post is nonsense. Part of the issue with Puncture and Impact is that they have no offensive value. Slash Status is the only Status which actually does damage, the other two are merely subpar forms of crowd control, and most Warframes have means of crowd controlling enemies or negating incoming damage which are far superior.

I like to use weapons to actually kill targets. If DE changed Puncture so that it had value against armoured targets, that would be great. If Impact rendered enemies more vulnerable to incoming damage, that would be great. But that is not what we are getting. If these changes are are implemented as they are currently written, it will not be an exciting shakeup. It will be a reduction in the number of ways in which weapons can actually be good.

For instance, all sniper rifles are either Impact or Puncture primary. Both of those Status procs are completely useless to a sniper. Impact means that you send your target flying and makes it hard to maintain focused fire. Puncture reduces enemy damage output, but you’re using a sniper rifle, the idea is to try to headshot from such a distance that you are not subject to taking counterfire anyway.

In addition to which, you said that Impact and Puncture procs take effect instantly, while by the time Slash does anything the target is already dead. Mate. If Slash is too slow and all of your targets are instantly dead, how do you find Puncture and Impact procs to be of any use either?

Your entire diatribe could be summarised as “Yes, DE should nerf Slash. I am elite. I am so good. I am the best. I don’t need Slash. Damage types are irrelevant.”

1 minute ago, Raggycakes said:

Still new to the game, but wouldn't the buff to Impact open up the chance of using terrain as a means of enemy elimination. Doesn't matter what stats the enemy has if you ragdoll them off a cliff or into a pit. 

That’s a neat idea, and I like it, but it’s not reliable enough outside of tilesets such as the Ceres shipyards, because most tiles don’t have a lot of pits and holes.

18 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

We are also making a change in how a proc’s associated damage output is calculated - before, a Slash proc would scale based on the weapon’s total base damage output. Now, all procs will be calculated using ONLY the damage type of the proc that is being inflicted

Dear DE, please realise that this is a nerf to ALL statuses. 

Many weapons have big splits in their IPS types and this will only further reduce their effectiveness in this way and scare people away from building for status procs. 

Slash is currently the only way we have to deal with massively high level enemies, and Hunter Munitions is an amazingly fun mod that brings weapons that had little going for them right into the endgame. 

Please dont do this, this part would invalidate the whole idea of buffing Impact and puncture because it would nerf them at the same time. 

Now one last thing to suggest: procs should kill enemies, not CC them, I think if puncture ignored armor (and impact shields) to a certain percentage (at least with over 100% status or with multiple procs) it would be way better for those types of weapons.  

Lets say that puncture is such that 50% of the damage is ignoring armor, this would make puncture weapons amazingly good for high armor targets and even surpass shred in some cases. 

Wouldnt it be nice to expand our beautiful power fantasy in this game rather than taking away power with a nerf? 

I hope someone from DE actually reads this, please dont make this another of your well intended decisions with bad results, you gave us a great game and Id hate to see tons of weapons suddenly become invalid for high level content with what was supposed to bring more wepons into that same high level content :) 

Archived