The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Leveling Weapons (W/ Affinity Booster)

TripleWort

So, I managed to get an Affinity Booster for 2 hours. And obviously, I did what any sensible player would do. Grind some gear for mastery fodder, slap a forma on my Baza...etc. As usual, I jumped into a T3 Spy (Kappa, Pago, and Lua. No Corpus though. I hate Corpus vaults with a fiery passion. Bursas give me nightmares of alarms blaring and Lotus screaming "THEY HAVE DESTROYED THE DATA" in my ears. ) But then, I had this crazy idea to record times for Kappa and Lua, along with the levels jumped in terms of weapon levels per run. 

(Using Limbo to cheese my way through the vaults. Seriously. Loki needs a new job.)

Turns out, it only took me 4:18 on average to waltz my way through Kappa. And if NOTHING GOES WRONG...4 runs to fully rank any weapon. Warframes, not sure. I was having too much fun selling all my fodderized weapons. 4 runs= 1 fully ranked weapons, some endo, tons of relics, some credits, and the occasional good mod (Thermite Rounds' drop chance is absolute garbage.) In comparison, Akkad needs 25 rounds to max a weapon. Maybe 30 if the DE gods are frowning upon you, and cast shame upon you, your family, and your cow.  

So I ask you, the community. Does anyone have any better way? Or is this it? The only way to level weapons fast enough to make the resulting carpal tunnel syndrome worth it? 

I do hydron with randoms. I get pretty good xp without booster. though that mission is sometimes home to saryns and banshees, if you hate just standing still, just do an endless relic run, it has xp booster on the first rotation so you'll get good XP depending on which relic tier you go for and what faction ofc...that's the fun way 

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Clats01:

you can do it in 10 waves on Hydron, use a kill frame, Ember or banshee and only equip the weapon you want to level.easy.

That won't work. If you kill all enemies with your warframe abilities than your weapons get 0 affinity. Full leech mode yields the most affinity

Edited by GnarlsDarkley
typo

It seems Sechura have higher bonus XP compared to Akkad, which is how I level my weapons 
is to simply use it to kill enemies there until it is level max, solo.

It is what I considered "basic proficiency familiarization" that is to kill on an average of 2000 enemies/ 20 runs of 5 waves before 
a weapon is level 30.

(with affinity booster it would be 10 run of 5 waves or 1000 enemies)

This would conclude the bare-minimum practice of a weapon, as well as allow me to use it to a reasonable degree of efficiency against enemies.

As well as modding it.

There is a "Key-Performance-Indicator" in this method of leveling is that 
If a weapon is incapable of fending off enemies from the cryopod with enough ammo efficiency to sustain itself 
throughout the 5 waves of defense, it would be regarded as a "mastery fodder".

Once a weapon is regarded as "mastery fodders" it would be level in Akkad Public squad where
I use other weapon/ warframe to deal the damage while teammates affinity share level it up.

I would level up weapon at Hydron if there is a clan squad being set up for leveling, and mostly use it on mastery fodders 
or weapons that is just newly forma.

Certainly unequipping sentinels and other weapons is a good suggestion if you want the affinity to channel fully into the item being leveled, 
but it kind of make you vulnerable to stalker while solo, and not performing well and kind of leeching in a public squad, so leveling slower with 
a full set of weapons, but those xp kind of go into focus points.

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

1 minute ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

That won't work. If you kill all enemies with your warframe abilities than your weapons get 0 affinity.

Then tell me how all my weapons max when I get +250 kills with my frame and fire maybe 1-2 mags of my weapon?

Your squad kills more than your "kill frames"? I dunno.

But what I know for sure is that any weapon needs around 400-450k affinity to get to max rank.

Just try it with Focus. Put a lens on one of your weapons and kill enemies with your warframe. You'll see you won't get any Focus

further info here: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Affinity

Acquisition

Warframes and weapons gain Affinity for several types of actions, detailed below. Unless specified otherwise, all Affinity gained uses the same split: 25% of the amount goes to your Warframe and 75% of the amount is divided evenly among all equipped weapons (25% each for three, 37.5% each for two, or the full 75% if only one is equipped).

• Kill an enemy with a Warframe ability. All of the Affinity goes to the Warframe.
  • Kill an enemy with a weapon. Half of the Affinity goes to the Warframe and half to the killing weapon.
    • Be near an allied Tenno when they kill an enemy. When within 50 meters of an ally when they kill an enemy, you gain the same total Affinity, split according to your own weaponry. This doesn't reduce the Affinity gained by the killing player, and doesn't reduce the Affinity gained by other nearby allies. This does not apply to Archwing mode as it has much larger ranges for shared affinity.
Edited by GnarlsDarkley
edits

5 minutes ago, Clats01 said:

Then tell me how all my weapons max when I get +250 kills with my frame and fire maybe 1-2 mags of my weapon?

Most likely from your teammate's killing sharing affinity, if you are leveling a sword but are using Excal's exalted blade, your weapon don't get EXP from your kills.

Hydron is still the overall fastest, even with dumb pubs. I take a speedva with one weapon + carrier/kavat (2x buff is nice) and you max out by wave 10 no matter what if you have a booster. Even with 2 weapons, you max out both by wave 10 in about 10-13mins depending on the other 3 players. In reality a single weapon maxes out around wave 8 due to affinity sharing, but if you leave you lose all that shared exp, so it forces you to stay until 10. Either way, it's still faster and more focus-efficient to use Hydron regardless of your speed in Spies, of which you should be using Nova and portals to cheese through it all. The fastest spy I've ever done was around 2.5mins due to Nova :p